[8WR] XenPorta (Portal)

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) 1.6.0

No permission to download
the xml to install the addon should be in ...

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal) v1.5.9\library\EWRporta
I've downloaded version 1.5.9 and the past three versions before it and each zip file does not contain the XML_Addons folder anywhere (not in the location above). Is there a way someone could attach it?

I added the Recent Slider block to my site and right now it is in the middle top block in the layout. Though, as you can see on my site, there is no block to be shown. I have already done all the steps that should make the recent slider and the pictures and etc. I was wondering if any of you have had this problem and have the solution. Thanks.

I added the Recent Slider block to my site and right now it is in the middle top block in the layout. Though, as you can see on my site, there is no block to be shown. I have already done all the steps that should make the recent slider and the pictures and etc. I was wondering if any of you have had this problem and have the solution. Thanks.

I've downloaded version 1.5.9 and the past three versions before it and each zip file does not contain the XML_Addons folder anywhere (not in the location above). Is there a way someone could attach it?
They are in library > EWRporta > block > XML

Recent Slider has been deprecated, try using the RecentFeatures block that replaces it. Also check the settings in the block once installed.

Hi,

I was wondering if I can have some guidance. I have upgraded XenForo to 1.2.1 and then upgraded XenPorta to 1.5.9 after which my forum no longer goes to my "Home" where my Recent News block is supposed to be displayed. Also, blocks like TaigaChat and others no longer appear either, although I see them in XenPorta>Layout

Any input is appreciated.

Hi,

I was wondering if I can have some guidance. I have upgraded XenForo to 1.2.1 and then upgraded XenPorta to 1.5.9 after which my forum no longer goes to my "Home" where my Recent News block is supposed to be displayed. Also, blocks like TaigaChat and others no longer appear either, although I see them in XenPorta>Layout

Any input is appreciated.

Setting the index page is now a core feature of XenForo 1.2.1: http://xenforo.com/help/set-index-page/
You have to set the portal/ page as index (see last example in the help content above).

I've just updated XF to 1.2.1 and XenPorta to 1.5.9. The portal is working perfectly now, got my reroutes all set, just having issues with my forum index.

Previously, I had a left sidebar and right sidebar on this layout. Adding blocks to the "Top-Left" position gave me a left sidebar with my forum list in the center column. Now, adding anything in that block will put it above the forum list underneath a block of my background image (which is transparent). If I add something to the "Top-Right" position, it will show both above the forum index. Any ideas?

Relevant images attached.

Edit: It's actually adding the Top-Left position to the forum index box. So weird.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-08-21 at 11.29.14 AM.webp
    Screen Shot 2013-08-21 at 11.29.14 AM.webp
    20.4 KB · Views: 31
  • Screen Shot 2013-08-21 at 11.29.49 AM.webp
    Screen Shot 2013-08-21 at 11.29.49 AM.webp
    30.2 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Few issues...
Still using 1.1 and upgraded to 1.5.9 of zenporta for the updated twitter feed - worked wonders but sadly i couldnt make any new posts

Code:
Error Info
ErrorException: Argument 1 passed to XenForo_DataWriter_Discussion_Thread::_discussionPostSave() must be an array, none given, called in /home/*1*/*2*/library/EWRporta/DataWriter/Discussion/Thread.php on line 7 and defined - library/XenForo/DataWriter/Discussion/Thread.php:183
Generated By: ***, Yesterday at 11:42 PM

Stack Trace
#0 /home/*1*/*2*/library/XenForo/DataWriter/Discussion/Thread.php(183): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(4096, 'Argument 1 pass...', '/home/*1*/...', 183, Array)
#1 /home/*1*/*2*/library/EWRporta/DataWriter/Discussion/Thread.php(7): XenForo_DataWriter_Discussion_Thread->_discussionPostSave()
#2 /home/*1*/*2*/library/XenForo/DataWriter/Discussion.php(391): EWRporta_DataWriter_Discussion_Thread->_discussionPostSave(Array)
#3 /home/*1*/*2*/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1385): XenForo_DataWriter_Discussion->_postSave()
#4 /home/*1*/*2*/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Forum.php(490): XenForo_DataWriter->save()
#5 /home/*1*/*2*/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(313): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionAddThread()
#6 /home/*1*/*2*/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(132): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#7 /home/*1*/*2*/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#8 {main}

Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(44) "http://*3*/forums/News/add-thread"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(12) {
    ["title"] => string(35) "*snip*"
    ["message_html"] => string(496) "*snip*"
    ["_xfRelativeResolver"] => string(47) "http://*3*/forums/News/create-thread"
    ["attachment_hash"] => string(32) "ccc5e31e71514bb658d37fb2911e00be"
    ["watch_thread_state"] => string(1) "1"
    ["discussion_open"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_set"] => array(2) {
      ["discussion_open"] => string(1) "1"
      ["sticky"] => string(1) "1"
    }
    ["poll"] => array(2) {
      ["question"] => string(0) ""
      ["responses"] => array(2) {
        [0] => string(0) ""
        [1] => string(0) ""
      }
    }
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(26) "/forums/News/create-thread"
    ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}

I downgraded to 1.5.8 but exported the 1.5.9 twitter block to use with 1.5.8 but looks like it is not possible as it crashes the front page

Code:
Error Info
ErrorException: Undefined index: hashtags - library/EWRporta/Block/Twitter.php:8
Generated By: ***, 22 minutes ago

Stack Trace
#0 /home/*1*/*2*/library/EWRporta/Block/Twitter.php(8): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/home/*1*/...', 8, Array)
#1 /home/*1*/*2*/library/EWRporta/Model/Blocks.php(116): EWRporta_Block_Twitter->getModule(Array, 1)
#2 /home/*1*/*2*/library/EWRporta/ViewPublic/Custom.php(71): EWRporta_Model_Blocks->getBlockParams(Array, 1)
#3 /home/*1*/*2*/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php(220): EWRporta_ViewPublic_Custom->renderHtml()
#4 /home/*1*/*2*/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php(67): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject('EWRporta_ViewPu...', 'Html', Array, 'EWRporta_Portal')
#5 /home/*1*/*2*/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(536): XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderView('EWRporta_ViewPu...', Array, 'EWRporta_Portal', NULL)
#6 /home/*1*/*2*/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(156): XenForo_FrontController->renderView(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View), Object(XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic), Array)
#7 /home/*1*/*2*/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#8 {main}

Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(22) "http://*3*/"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Any way around getting the updated twitter block but still use 1.1 xenforo?

Last edited:
my twitter block stopped functioning... anybody else having problems?

it is now working again .. go figure, huh?

Last edited:
Cool portal add-on! Playing around with it to see how I can build a Leaderboard block using html and css.
It turns out not bad visually! Thx!

Now I have figure out how to dynamically feed real-time player data to the table.

See it here: http://holdemfever.net/community/index.php?portal/

Leaderboard.jpg

I've recently updated to 1.5.9 and started using the RecentFeatures block to display a rotating carousel on our portal. For me, though, the carousel doesn't seem to rotate automatically (or is going extremely slowly!). Is there a speed control variable and if so, where can I modify?

Also, is there a way to have the article text appear along the bottom of the image instead of either the left or right?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Top Bottom