[8WR] XenPorta (Portal)

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) 1.6.0

No permission to download
Hi!

Sorry, but I'm completely lost now. I've read and search for how to set portal sidebar on forums as well, but I still don't know how to do it.

Can someone help me please.

Just installed the XenForo 1.2.0 Release. With it I've updated XenPorta (Portal) to 1.5.9.
Got a problem though? my XenPorta Recent Media block is not showing videos from my Media Library?

Has this function been removed in new version?

Anybody know where and what I should change to get rid of the promote button?

I still can't even find a promote button. I have no option anywhere to add categories to or promote any threads.

Also, I have a question. For Recent News, when I post an image with the IMG tag, it automatically places the image inside the avatar space to the right and removes it from the post. How do I make it so that the image will still place inside the news text area?

Last edited:
Everytime I change a setting to the FeatureNews block it results in the following error:

An exception occurred: Mysqli prepare error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') OR EWRporta_promotes.promote_date < ? ) AND xf_thread.discussion_state = ' at line 11 in /home/neochi/public_html/appinvasion.com/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 77

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 734
  5. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchAll() in EWRporta/Block/RecentNews.php at line 38
  6. EWRporta_Block_RecentNews->getModule() in EWRporta/Model/Blocks.php at line 116
  7. EWRporta_Model_Blocks->getBlockParams() in EWRporta/ViewPublic/Custom.php at line 71
  8. EWRporta_ViewPublic_Custom->renderHtml() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php at line 227
  9. XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php at line 67
  10. XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 572
  11. XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 158
  12. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/neochi/public_html/appinvasion.com/index.php at line 13

I can fix it by reinstalling the block but I really want to change a setting for it. Anyone have any ideas?

Anyone could give me the new brand slider as same as 8wayrun using at the moment?

Appreciate it! Thanks!
That´s BxSlider, a responsive jquery slider but it's not yet included in xenporta I believe.

is this what you are looking for
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/8wayrun-com-xenporta-portal.26838/page-142#post-601583

i am facing issues on RecentThreadx5 blocks... the first tab renders the threads correctly.. but the other tabs (2nd, 3rd, and so on..) doesn't render the threads from the selected forums.. but it shows all the threads as rendered int he first tab.... simply put.. the rest of the tabs other than the first one doesn't works..

Has anyone faced this issue?
Any help with this...?

Anybody know where and what I should change to get rid of the promote button?
Just remove the group permission to promote threads, that'll hide the button.
I still can't even find a promote button. I have no option anywhere to add categories to or promote any threads.

Also, I have a question. For Recent News, when I post an image with the IMG tag, it automatically places the image inside the avatar space to the right and removes it from the post. How do I make it so that the image will still place inside the news text area?
You need the Promote threads group permission to see the promote button. Plus configure the Recent News block.

Use "Disable Promotion Icon" to not have any promotion icon or "Avatar" to use an avatar. Both of these will leave post images in their place with promoted posts.

I already posted this twice and I m just gonna give it another try :-)

How do i have to change the code in I guess its EWRblock_Recentnews to get the following look for the news:

xenporta_new.jpg

And is there a way to include a news picture that i upload as the avatar on the left? And I dont want Xenporta to resize the slider.jpg either or use my avatar instead.

Help is greatly appreciated.

I basically rdid the entire Recent News template with my own, for appearances and to cut down the code. My only problem is now whenever I have an unordered list, it doesn't display on the portal. I can't seem to find any css in the default style that controls this. Does anyone know where to find it? I wish to copy it over for this new div I have instead.

I seem to have another problem. I set "portal" as my homepage for my entire site, and it works 100% fine for me, however, every other user has the "forums" tab active in the navigation bar when they view the portal. Any help on that?

I m a total php noob and all those code lines is gibberish to me so I don't know which ones i can move and which ones i cant. The relaunch depends on me getting this issue fixed.

Top Bottom