[8WR] XenPorta (Portal)

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) 1.6.0

No permission to download
I can't seem to find some options here.

1) How do I tag a news story to a category? I have a few created, but I see no option to put them into categories.
2) How do I decide what gets put into the recent features block?

So I figured out how to fix the size of the slide.jpg images so that they look good in the recentfeatures block. in EWRblock_RecentFeatures.css

Find #recentFeatures .rightSlider .ui-tabs-panel { background-position: top-right; }

and change it to

#recentFeatures .rightSlider .ui-tabs-panel { background-position: center; background-size: cover; }

That is of course if you have it set for the right hand slide

How do you even promote a thread, Antonio? I see no option anywhere.
Hi,
i click to Promote thread but the thread not go in home page....in home page i have recent news for some forums and it's ok. Noe i have 1 recent news and 1 promoted thread...but i have promoted 4 thread and not shows in home page....

EDIT Solved, addon conflict with this :)

Last edited:
I stiil have this error when i modify categories
Code:
An exception occurred: Mysqli statement execute error : Incorrect arguments to mysqld_stmt_execute in /home/phototar/domains/macroforum.org/public_html/test/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 214

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 734
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchAll() in EWRporta/Block/RecentNews.php at line 38
EWRporta_Block_RecentNews->getModule() in EWRporta/Model/Blocks.php at line 116
EWRporta_Model_Blocks->getBlockParams() in EWRporta/ViewPublic/Custom.php at line 71
EWRporta_ViewPublic_Custom->renderHtml() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php at line 227
XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php at line 67
XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 572
XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 158
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/phototar/domains/macroforum.org/public_html/test/index.php at line 13

Now i can't use article system :(
Antonio
Please help :(
Antonio

Okay, I'm now experiencing the xenPorta deformation issue in mobile style. I'm testing this by resizing the Chrome Browser. The issue is reproducible on my test machine almost 3 out of 5 times.

Screen Shot 2013-08-16 at 10.01.06 AM.webp

I've tried cache enable/disable and it seems to work fine on the normal layout. Things specially break on the mobile layout.

I'm using the older xenPorta RecentFeatures XML block. Should I try installing the new block?

@ManOnDaMoon - Do you have any suggestions, please?

Update: Updating the recent features block from the one Jaxel Provided worked.

Last edited:
And when I say easy... I mean it... just adding this to EXTRA.css would do it.
Code:
#recentFeatures .recentFeatures ul li .summary { top: 0px; width: 180px; }
#recentFeatures .recentFeatures ul li .summary .title { white-space: normal; }
#recentFeatures .recentFeatures ul li .summary .excerpt { white-space: normal; padding-top: 15px; text-align: justify; }
I tried adding those lines in the CSS and the text indeed appears on the left. However, when loading the page for the first time, the 'black band (180 px wide) appears from top the the bottom of the screen for a moment and goes away.

Also - I tried setting this property -

#recentFeatures ul li {background-position: center center;}

to

#recentFeatures ul li {background-position: top right;}

with an aim to move the images that appear in the slideshow position at the top right corner. But it didn't work the way I expected. The images continued to appear in center aligned.

Could you please suggest fixes for these?

Was something removed in the latest Xenporta? I'm not seeing a way to edit my /forums/ layout
AfaBCYl.png

Top Bottom