[8WR] XenPorta (Portal)

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) 1.6.0

No permission to download
Hey man - what were your issues w/ recentfeatures? I had it at the bottom of 'thread' pages which caused the portal to also display below it.. and caused 'unspecified error' when trying to edit a thread.. I was about to uninstall and reinstall xenporta and saw your post. I took recent features off the bottom of the thread layout and I don't have any issues now :) (also using 1.2)
Well, this is the issue: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/8wayrun-com-xenporta-portal.26838/page-149#post-608950

The recent features messes up the whole layout. It appears just fine for 2-3 seconds and then deforms itself. I think it's some JS loading issue. I tried reading the entire thread (since the 1.2 update fix) but couldn't find anything relevant.

If anyone know how to fix that, I'll really appreciate it.

Well, this is the issue: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/8wayrun-com-xenporta-portal.26838/page-149#post-608950

The recent features messes up the whole layout. It appears just fine for 2-3 seconds and then deforms itself. I think it's some JS loading issue. I tried reading the entire thread (since the 1.2 update fix) but couldn't find anything relevant.

If anyone know how to fix that, I'll really appreciate it.
Did you try reinstalling the RecentFeatures block and/or disabling then enabling the cache for this block? The XML file is located in library/EWRporta/XML/RecentFeatures.xml

Please assist:

About the XenPorta Recent Threads block at www.satisfy.tv, at www.mobitog.com which is also using the Xen Porta Recent Threads block, the "Last Message' bit shows the latest messages posted by showing their timings etc., for example, as below:

14 minutes ago

Today at 10:01

But at satisfy.tv the Last Message keeps showing Aug 12, 2013? If you look at the test message http://satisfy.tv/threads/post-11.534/ you will see that the latest message was actually posted on Jul 31, 2013 but in Last Message it says 12 Aug, 2013?

Kindly tell me what causes this error and what i should tell me developer to do in site admin, so that it works exactly like it does on Mobitog.

Thanks.

Could Jaxel or any one else well versed with XenPorta please provide a solution for this.

Thanks.

Could Jaxel or any one else well versed with XenPorta please provide a solution for this.

Thanks.

Import the original XML file.
Go to AdminCP Home > Blocks, then click the "Install Block" button. The file should be library/EWRporta/XML/RecentThreads.xml.

If it does not resolve the issue, then someone probably modified the RecentThreads.php file.

Did you try reinstalling the RecentFeatures block and/or disabling then enabling the cache for this block? The XML file is located in library/EWRporta/XML/RecentFeatures.xml
Thank you for your response! Here's what I did -

1. Installed the new RecentFeatures.xml block offered by Jaxel.
2. I went to the block settings and everything was intact.
3. I didn't turn on/off the cache settings though - maybe one of the reasons it didn't work.
4. I loaded the front page of the site and it loaded fine. But two - three seconds later, the 'progress GIF' in the top-right corner appeared showing that the system was performing some action. And about 2-3 seconds later, the home page got defaced.

I think I'll give it a go once again.

I am pretty sure that Jaxel released an updated version of the RecentFeatures block. I have exported the version that is working on my system and attached it to this message.

Attachments

Import the original XML file.
Go to AdminCP Home > Blocks, then click the "Install Block" button. The file should be library/EWRporta/XML/RecentThreads.xml.

Thank you. My developer tried this and says "I try the suggestion mentioned at the xenporta mod and no joy. The issue remains the same. And the files of the mod are unmodified. They are from the fresh mod package."

Kindly suggest a solution or, alternatively, would you please suggest a developer (if not yourself) who knows XenPorta well and who can sort this out for me?

Can someone please tell me how I can resize the images inside the RecentFeatures block? They're displaying at full size. There has to be an easy way to do this right?

How do I set the portal to be the homepage of my website, and not /forums/portal? I went to the basic board information and followed the instructions, but it still points to /forums/portal.

Also, I installed an html block successfully, and it is listed as active in my layout. However, when I go to the portal, it's not there. I check the page source and no code/text from that block exists within the page at all. Any insight on that?

3rd Question: What is the "Record Users" part in the forum stats? I assumed it was the most users that have ever been on at once, but mine always says 2, even though there are a lot more than that logged in at any time. If it means just REGISTERED users, then that count is incorrect as well.

Last edited:
That worked! I installed xenPorta update and then for the recentFeatures block, I simply unchecked the cache option. Visited the home page and it worked absolutely fine! I then enabled cache and it still worked! :)

Thanks a lot, @ManOnDaMoon

Everytime I change a setting to the FeatureNews block it results in the following error:

An exception occurred: Mysqli prepare error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') OR EWRporta_promotes.promote_date < ? ) AND xf_thread.discussion_state = ' at line 11 in /home/neochi/public_html/appinvasion.com/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 77

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 734
  5. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchAll() in EWRporta/Block/RecentNews.php at line 38
  6. EWRporta_Block_RecentNews->getModule() in EWRporta/Model/Blocks.php at line 116
  7. EWRporta_Model_Blocks->getBlockParams() in EWRporta/ViewPublic/Custom.php at line 71
  8. EWRporta_ViewPublic_Custom->renderHtml() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php at line 227
  9. XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php at line 67
  10. XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 572
  11. XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 158
  12. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/neochi/public_html/appinvasion.com/index.php at line 13

I can fix it by reinstalling the block but I really want to change a setting for it. Anyone have any ideas?

Top Bottom