[8WR] XenPorta (Portal)

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) 1.6.0

No permission to download
I'm having difficulty getting global custom layouts working for forum and thread pages. It works for portal and article, but for some reason I can't get it to work with forum and thread. Does anyone have a suggestion?

Attachments

• layouts1.webp
    layouts1.webp
    20 KB · Views: 15
  • layouts2.webp
    layouts2.webp
    6 KB · Views: 14
I'm getting this error when it rebuilds, anyone know what it means:
Code:
Server Error

Mysqli statement execute error : Duplicate entry '2-EWRblock_FaceBook.css' for key 'style_id_title'

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
    Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
    Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 574
    Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert() in XenForo/Model/Template.php at line 1288
    XenForo_Model_Template->insertTemplateMapForStyles() in XenForo/CacheRebuilder/Template.php at line 38
    XenForo_CacheRebuilder_Template->rebuild() in XenForo/ControllerHelper/CacheRebuild.php at line 26
    XenForo_ControllerHelper_CacheRebuild->rebuildCache() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Tools.php at line 78
    XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Tools->actionCacheRebuild() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 313
    XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
    XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/artiet/public_html2/aocgamers.com/admin.php at line 13

How do I change the recentnews xml to make it so that the time the thread was posted doesn't show up?

For example after every news title it'll show by [name] at [time]. I don't want the time. I've tried deleting it from the xml and changed the phrase to just by_x but then the names showed directly as {name}...

I'm having difficulty getting global custom layouts working for forum and thread pages. It works for portal and article, but for some reason I can't get it to work with forum and thread. Does anyone have a suggestion?
Have you edited the templates as detailed by Jaxel in the overview for this resource?

How do I change the recentnews xml to make it so that the time the thread was posted doesn't show up?

For example after every news title it'll show by [name] at [time]. I don't want the time. I've tried deleting it from the xml and changed the phrase to just by_x but then the names showed directly as {name}...
I think you'll need to edit either the EWRblock_RecentThreads template or the recentnews.php file (not sure which, I've not done this), the xml file is just to install the block.

Last edited:
Hi,
When i promote a thread with a youtube wideo this how it shows in modile devices:

photo.webp

photo.webp

Is anything that i can do?

Attachments

• photo.webp
    photo.webp
    62.1 KB · Views: 3
Jason, one missing aspect from your news block css to comply with XF responsiveness is:

.newsText object,
.newsText embed
{
max-width: 100%;
}

This will ensure video displayed in the portal is responsive on mobile devices.
I've tried adding this to EXTRA.css and can't seem to get it to work, videos don't reduce in size on the Portal page in responsive.

I've tried adding this to EXTRA.css and can't seem to get it to work, videos don't reduce in size on the Portal page in responsive.
Sorry, I added mine to the public.css file, being Xenforo's media class.

Look for:

.messageText img,
.messageText iframe,
.messageText object,
.messageText embed
{
}

Replace with:

.messageText img,
.messageText iframe,
.messageText object,
.messageText embed,
.newsText iframe,
.newsText object,
.newsText embed
{
}

Last edited:
Please assist:

About the XenPorta Recent Threads block at www.satisfy.tv, at www.mobitog.com which is also using the Xen Porta Recent Threads block, the "Last Message' bit shows the latest messages posted by showing their timings etc., for example, as below:

14 minutes ago

Today at 10:01

But at satisfy.tv the Last Message keeps showing Aug 12, 2013? If you look at the test message http://satisfy.tv/threads/post-11.534/ you will see that the latest message was actually posted on Jul 31, 2013 but in Last Message it says 12 Aug, 2013?

Kindly tell me what causes this error and what i should tell me developer to do in site admin, so that it works exactly like it does on Mobitog.

Thanks.

Hey Jake, I was hoping that you could help me out. I'm using xenporta just for the recentfeatures block so I can have the fancy slider at the top of the main page. I have it up and running but the slide.jpg needs to resize to fit inside of it. As of right now, they are displaying at the original size which is way to big. The same size like they would display in the lightbox within the posts. Do you know where I can tweak this?

Thanks

Since the 1.2 upgrade, threads are showing the portal page below them if I enable the global 'thread' custom layout. Example: http://www.linux.org/threads/migrating-from-windows-not-easy-switch.4409/

It was doing it before with my older versions when I was setting up xenporta, and I changed a setting which seemed to fix it.. but can't for the life of me remember what it was.

Anyone have any ideas?

Today, I was going to totally remove xenporta, then install fresh - but if its a setting, it'll likely be back on there..

So is this ready for v1.2 or not? I'm waiting to upgrade but have added features in v1.2 that I need. I tried to upgrade XenPorta for v1.5.9 but ran into the "Template titles must be unique" error and backed off until i can figure out if this is ready for prime time or not.

And seeing how I did nothing special for xenPorta, should I just remove the add-in and then install v1.5.9 instead of upgrading? (hopefully to avoid errors)

Last edited:
Ok, I uninstalled v1.5.8 and deleted the directories under js, library and styles. I then installed v1.5.9 and had no real issues during the install. I am still running v1.1.5.

I do not get the options under ACP -> Options -> Basic Board Information to set the Portal as the default landing page as shown in the below URL

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/8wayrun-com-xenporta-portal.26838/page-144#post-603710

I also get the following error when trying to rebuild the Thread Cache:

Server Error
Argument 1 passed to XenForo_DataWriter_Discussion_Thread::_discussionPostSave() must be an array, none given, called in /home/hmsneo/public_html/library/EWRporta/DataWriter/Discussion/Thread.php on line 7 and defined

1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in XenForo/DataWriter/Discussion/Thread.php at line 183
  2. XenForo_DataWriter_Discussion_Thread->_discussionPostSave() in EWRporta/DataWriter/Discussion/Thread.php at line 7
  3. EWRporta_DataWriter_Discussion_Thread->_discussionPostSave() in XenForo/DataWriter/Discussion.php at line 391
  4. XenForo_DataWriter_Discussion->_postSave() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1385
  5. XenForo_DataWriter->save() in XenForo/CacheRebuilder/Thread.php at line 73
  6. XenForo_CacheRebuilder_Thread->rebuild() in XenForo/ControllerHelper/CacheRebuild.php at line 26
  7. XenForo_ControllerHelper_CacheRebuild->rebuildCache() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Tools.php at line 78
  8. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Tools->actionCacheRebuild() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 313
  9. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  10. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/hmsneo/public_html/admin.php at line 13

Any thoughts/help would be appreciated

Hi, i'm new to XenForo :)
I'm not able configure XenPortal. I can't post new article or promote thread...i don't see any difference... :(
I applied instructions...
Antonio

You have set the group permissions?
Ok, thanks :) I forgot this. Now i'm able promote thread ans update articles categories but i have this error:
Code:
An exception occurred: Mysqli statement execute error : Incorrect arguments to mysqld_stmt_execute in /home/phototar/domains/macroforum.org/public_html/test/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 214

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 734
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchAll() in EWRporta/Block/RecentNews.php at line 38
EWRporta_Block_RecentNews->getModule() in EWRporta/Model/Blocks.php at line 116
EWRporta_Model_Blocks->getBlockParams() in EWRporta/ViewPublic/Custom.php at line 71
EWRporta_ViewPublic_Custom->renderHtml() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php at line 227
XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php at line 67
XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 572
XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 158
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/phototar/domains/macroforum.org/public_html/test/index.php at line 13

Antonio

Last edited:
Top Bottom