[8WR] XenPorta (Portal)

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) 1.6.0

No permission to download
I just tested this as stock Xenforo 1.2 and responsively it works ok with latest threads. You will need to make some changes to the news block as it narrows, and the below is a very basic one for the default style only, which you could add to your extra.css.

Code:
@media (max-width:@maxResponsiveMediumWidth)
{
    .recentNews .leftDate .newsDate,
    .recentNews .iconKey div,
    .recentNews .messageUserBlock
    {
    display:none;
    }

.recentNews .messageContent .comments
    {
    float: none !important;
    }
}

So, everything is working now, just one thing....I cannot customize where the ,RecentThreads,(Promoted Threads) show, they are always stuck bottom right, no matter where I move them nothing changes....so weird...any help would be appreciated...also there is no more ,set as index controller, , how can I display it on the home page first thing users see...(actually fixed this one by putting ,portal, in the Index Page Route, I don't know if that's the right way to do it :)

Last edited:
I believe it is happening to all those who use the Xenporta Portal for their homepage, and have Xenforo installed at root. To get Xenporta as the landing page, switch AdminCP > Options > Basic Board Information > Index Page Route to 'portal/'. But that means that the 'forums' page just redirects back to the portal rather than the usual forum list.

If anyone has a workaround it would be very much appreciated. :)
Mine links to /forums.

Use the RecentFeatures block. It's like RecentSlider but better.

But where can I find the download for the RecentFeatures?

KxJcDSx.png

Last edited:
BTW, if the only answer is to use some kind of display: none; option, wouldn't that hurt Google ratings hiding important text?
Not when you're doing it in a media class for lower scale devices. You aren't actually hiding the text from Google, just users when at the lower screen width for no other purpose than it being at a lower screen width.

If you wanted to remove notices from showing on the portal page, you would use the below to wrap the notice template, adding a xen:else, so it doesn't show for the portal page, but does for everything else. So you would add the portal page to the conditional, leave it blank, then add the normal notices content to the else statement, thus it would show on every page other than portal.

How can I show content on a specific page?
<xen:if is="{$contentTemplate} == 'xyz'">
This content will show on the xyz template
</xen:if>

Has anyone had issues with RecentFeatures or RecentAccordion?

Issues like formatting on GoogleChrome? or Not working at all?

@Jaxel:
  • RecentAccordion displays the container for me, but not the content.
  • RecentFeatures displays everything, but does not change between slides automatically
  • If RecentFeatures or RecentAccordion is enabled, the Countdown block does not work (displays all zeros)

Getting this error when promoting threads.

PHP:
An exception occurred: Mysqli statement execute error : Incorrect arguments to mysqld_stmt_execute in /home/heroes/public_html/pcgamers.ph/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 214

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 317
Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 734
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchAll() in EWRporta/Block/RecentNews.php at line 38
EWRporta_Block_RecentNews->getModule() in EWRporta/Model/Blocks.php at line 116
EWRporta_Model_Blocks->getBlockParams() in EWRporta/ViewPublic/Custom.php at line 71
EWRporta_ViewPublic_Custom->renderHtml() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php at line 227
XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php at line 67
XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 572
XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 158
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/heroes/public_html/pcgamers.ph/index.php at line 13

@Jaxel:
  • RecentAccordion displays the container for me, but not the content.
  • RecentFeatures displays everything, but does not change between slides automatically
  • If RecentFeatures or RecentAccordion is enabled, the Countdown block does not work (displays all zeros)

I am having some similar issues, but do you have the .php files from the library/EWRporta/Block folder uploaded in the right spot. Once I uploaded the one for Recent Slider, it all started working. I don't remember if those are default included or not, but may be worth checking.

I am currently having issues with my portal page too, I had it set up as my landing page at mydomain.com and forums were at mydomain.com/forums However, that is all sorts of not working, and a few seconds after my main page loads it refreshes as a blank page.

I know there will be some bugs since I rather hastily updated to 1.2 and expected everything to work. Kudos to Jaxel for getting a version working at the moment, and keep squashing those bugs!

I just upgdated Xenforo 1.2 and Xenporta 1.5.9, but noticed that the Twitter and Facebook blocks don't work, they remain empty on my website while I've set them up properly?

I am having some similar issues, but do you have the .php files from the library/EWRporta/Block folder uploaded in the right spot. Once I uploaded the one for Recent Slider, it all started working. I don't remember if those are default included or not, but may be worth checking.

I am currently having issues with my portal page too, I had it set up as my landing page at mydomain.com and forums were at mydomain.com/forums However, that is all sorts of not working, and a few seconds after my main page loads it refreshes as a blank page.

I know there will be some bugs since I rather hastily updated to 1.2 and expected everything to work. Kudos to Jaxel for getting a version working at the moment, and keep squashing those bugs!
Yes; I have everything uploaded to the correct spots.

Top Bottom