[8WR] XenPorta (Portal)

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) 1.6.0

No permission to download
Hope this gets fixed soon. Want to try it out on my site. Is there a showcase of Xenporta examples? I'm curious how different people are using it.

Jaxel updated [8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal) with a new update entry:

Version 1.5.9 CHANGELOG

This update is mainly to bring XenForo 1.2 compatibility to XenPorta.

KNOWN BUG: There is a bug that existed in the beta/rc version of XF1.2 that was caused by a spelling error in the Facebook block. I had incorrectly spelled the template "EWRblock_FaceBook.css" as "EWRblock_Facebook.css". XF did not know how to handle case-sensitivity in template titles and it threw the error "Template titles must be unique".

I believe that Kier fixed this bug in the public release because I updated...

Read the rest of this update entry...

How can I get my test site to load XenPorta for 1.2 as the index? It currently loads as test-domain/index

Index Page Route is index

route filter is find portal replace with index. If I remove the index page route, then XenPorta loads how I want it, but clicking forums goes back to XenPorta. Having the Index Page Route is only way to get forums to open via clicking it.

How can I get my test site to load XenPorta for 1.2 as the index? It currently loads as test-domain/index

Index Page Route is index

route filter is find portal replace with index. If I remove the index page route, then XenPorta loads how I want it, but clicking forums goes back to XenPorta. Having the Index Page Route is only way to get forums to open via clicking it.
admin.php?options/list/basicBoard > Index Page Route
set to: portal/

@Jaxel I installed your 1.5.9 beta now you released this one. I can see the installation manual for < 1.5.0, but as I am going to upgrade from 1.5.9 beta fo 1.5.9 is this the right method?
  • uninstall XenPorta
  • copy and overwrite all files
  • install XenPorta 1.5.9

@Jaxel I installed your 1.5.9 beta now you released this one. I can see the installation manual for < 1.5.0, but as I am going to upgrade from 1.5.9 beta fo 1.5.9 is this the right method?
  • uninstall XenPorta
  • copy and overwrite all files
  • install XenPorta 1.5.9
You could just install 1.5.9 over the beta.
Is this compatible with the repsonsive design of 1.2 or are there any plans for responsive design compatibilty?
I will look into it, but right now my focuses are XenUtiles, XenTorneo and XenGrado... then a complete rewrite of XenPorta...

Would this be something easy to fix?

When your here: site.com/articles/news/
and click on page 2, it takes you to: site.com/articles/news/page-2

BUT

When you are here: site.com/articles/
and click on page 2, it takes you to: site.com/?page=2
instead of: site.com/articles/page-2

I upgraded after updating xenforo to 1.2. Set portal/ and Index (index > portal) is checked. What I'm getting is the layout all messed up and this error:
undefined:
Security error occurred. Please press back, refresh the page, and try again.

You could just install 1.5.9 over the beta.
Thanks a lot. Will do it this way then :)

I will look into it, but right now my focuses are XenUtiles, XenTorneo and XenGrado... then a complete rewrite of XenPorta...
  • What will bring us that complete XenPorta rewrite?
  • Do you plan to release also XenAtendo for 1.2?
  • I am really looking forward to buy from you XenTorneo + XenGrado + unbranded version of all add-ons.
  • How does it look like with XenGrado. Is it close or still far away from a release? You can count me in, if you will need a beta tester or some suggestions or ideas ;)

Was anyone able to figure out a way to remove the forum name from the index portal page as well as not show notices on that page?

Testing 1.5.9 on Xf1.2 and I noticed that the date on RecentNews is being overlapped by other blocks. Is there a way to prevent this?

Also I am interested in additional blocks such as the recent slider, but can't find them in the install package? Is there somewhere I can download the additional blocks?

r6KW6t7.png

An exception occurred: Mysqli prepare error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') OR EWRporta_promotes.promote_date < ? ) AND xf_thread.discussion_state = ' at line 11 in /home/tekkify/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 77

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 734
  5. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchAll() in EWRporta/Block/RecentNews.php at line 38
  6. EWRporta_Block_RecentNews->getModule() in EWRporta/Model/Blocks.php at line 116
  7. EWRporta_Model_Blocks->getBlockParams() in EWRporta/ViewPublic/Custom.php at line 71
  8. EWRporta_ViewPublic_Custom->renderHtml() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php at line 227
  9. XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php at line 67
  10. XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 572
  11. XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 158
  12. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/tekkify/public_html/index.php at line 13

Getting this error when using the RecentNews block on the portal page (just installed 1.5.9 for XF 1.2). Also, what happened to some of the options such as having "url.com" link to the portal page without /portal?

Last edited:
Also I am interested in additional blocks such as the recent slider, but can't find them in the install package? Is there somewhere I can download the additional blocks?
The RecentSlider block was removed in 1.5.6 as it's deprecated. It's been replaced by the RecentFeatures block.

Top Bottom