Usergroups
Top-Left
Top-Right
Sidebar
Mid-Left
Mid-Right
Btm-Left
Btm-Right

Recent News Block is not working for me since updating, I imported DRE's attached XML file to revert back to the old Recent News block. Anyone else is having the problem?

the news block is not working cause you guys need to premote threads manualy the 158 version works fine its just not automatic promoting threads anymore

Anyone done a matrix of functionality differences between XenPorta, Widget Portal, and Simple Portal?

Since the latest release of XenPorta has now removed the very functionality that I like/want the most - threads in a designated forum are auto-promoted to the portal - seems I have lost the main benefit in remaining with XenPorta and can review other possible alternatives.

Anyone done a matrix of functionality differences between XenPorta, Widget Portal, and Simple Portal?

Since the latest release of XenPorta has now removed the very functionality that I like/want the most - threads in a designated forum are auto-promoted to the portal - seems I have lost the main benefit in remaining with XenPorta and can review other possible alternatives.

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal)

Reactions: DRE

The only reason I still have this installed is because the MediaRecent widget by lms does not let me configure how many videos to display separate from the actual XenMedio index page admincp options and because the RecentThreads widget for both bd widget and simbolo's bd widget portal do not display like the recent threads widget for xenporta, which was designed to look just like threads in the forum listing.

Just extend the DiscussionThread Model to promote thread if the thread belongs to specific forums. You don't have to remove the entire functionality - this feature is the only reason I use XenPorta (or a Portal).
I agree with this too... that was an extreme thing to do...I agree there should have been an option to turn this on/off...

Since the latest release of XenPorta has now removed the very functionality that I like/want the most - threads in a designated forum are auto-promoted to the portal
Jason, could you not leave the automatic news block as an optional addition via an enable / disable function, instead of removing it as you have?

The difference in work between automatic and two clicks per thread, is actually significant on busier forums.
Just extend the DiscussionThread Model to promote thread if the thread belongs to specific forums. You don't have to remove the entire functionality - this feature is the only reason I use XenPorta (or a Portal).

Hey Jaxel definitely appreciate the bug fixes and update, and at the same time can we please get the auto promote feature back as quite a lot of us use it, and as stated before if made into an optional feature that would work perfectly, more options the better. :) (y)

Wait so you are telling me I have to promote all my RSS Feeds now for the news front page? That's annoying or am I missing something.

yeah on a site like mine, I rely on RSS feeds to auto promote. Sometimes I am unable to visit my site over long periods of time. Old news... means less visitors.

Hey Jaxel definitely appreciate the bug fixes and update, and at the same time can we please get the auto promote feature back as quite a lot of us use it, and as stated before if made into an optional feature that would work perfectly, more options the better. :) (y)
Agreed.

Jaxel updated [8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal) with a new update entry:

1.5.8a HOTFIX
Well since so many people complained, the auto-promote feature of the RecentNews block has been put back in. I honestly didn't think it would be that much of an issue, but people came up with many valid reasons why the feature should remain. This should also fix issues with the relative few of you who are still using the now unsupported and deprecated RecentSlider block.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Thank you very much for the update, Jaxel. I apologise for being one of the pitchfork-wielding mob, but it was an important issue to wave said pitchfork over. (And you can't blame a rural gentleman for having a pitchfork handy when it's time to form a mob :D)

But, seriously: XenPorta is by far the best portal software around, and despite all grief, I am very grateful that it has been released for free and is so well-supported. You have my gratitude!

Well since so many people complained, the auto-promote feature of the RecentNews block has been put back in.
Can we disable it by ourselves to get rid of those two queries or can't this be disabled?

Top Bottom