[8WR] XenPorta (Portal)

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) 1.6.0

No permission to download
Getting this error with latest version:

PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined method EWRporta_Model_Promotes::getPromoteForums() in /home/x/public_html/library/EWRporta/Block/RecentSlider.php on line 7

Jason, could you not leave the automatic news block as an optional addition via an enable / disable function, instead of removing it as you have?

The difference in work between automatic and two clicks per thread, is actually significant on busier forums.
Are you talking about the Promote Thread button?

Screen Shot 2013-05-04 at 5.14.11 PM.webp

Are you talking about the Promote Thread button?
No. Jason has removed the auto promote feature from the news block... and manually promoting every new thread from a lot of forums is completely excessive. This needs to be optional, not removed due to a couple of queries. For those of us running dedicated servers, a couple of queries is a drop in the bucket for this feature.

Jaxel can you please help with making the recentslider work again? Recentfeatures block is not usable in a fluid withd theme.

No. Jason has removed the auto promote feature from the news block... and manually promoting every new thread from a lot of forums is completely excessive. This needs to be optional, not removed due to a couple of queries. For those of us running dedicated servers, a couple of queries is a drop in the bucket for this feature.
+1
Very wrong idea completely removing it.

Jason, could you not leave the automatic news block as an optional addition via an enable / disable function, instead of removing it as you have?

The difference in work between automatic and two clicks per thread, is actually significant on busier forums.

I agree with this too... that was an extreme thing to do...I agree there should have been an option to turn this on/off...

Oh well.

I have 1.5.3 and am upgrading to 1.5.8 what do I need to do? Reason for the upgrade is I could not get Recent Slider to work I followed instructions given on here and ended up with errors so I had to disable Recent News and Promote Thread. and I also need the path to installation file for addon

@Jaxel, why guests can only see 8 most recent threads where I set it in control panel to show 10?
If you are logged in, it shows 10, if you are not, it shows 8.

Is this a bug?

1.5.8 -> Update doesn't work. Uninstalled and installed back but error appears:

Server Error

Mysqli statement execute error : Duplicate entry 'FaceBook' for key 1
  1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 574
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1591
  5. XenForo_DataWriter->_insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1580
  6. XenForo_DataWriter->_save() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1381
  7. XenForo_DataWriter->save() in EWRporta/Model/Blocks.php at line 226
  8. EWRporta_Model_Blocks->installBlockXml() in EWRporta/Model/Blocks.php at line 182
  9. EWRporta_Model_Blocks->installBlockXmlFromFile() in EWRporta/Install.php at line 59
  10. EWRporta_Install::installCode()
  11. call_user_func() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 214
  12. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 169
  13. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 178
  14. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstall() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  15. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  16. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/content/89/9009889/html/xenforo/admin.php at line 13

@Jaxel, why guests can only see 8 most recent threads where I set it in control panel to show 10?
If you are logged in, it shows 10, if you are not, it shows 8.

Is this a bug?
Are there two threads supposed to display in the widget but not accessible to guests? That could be why they're not appearing.

Top Bottom