[8WR] XenPorta (Portal)

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) 1.6.0

No permission to download
I am getting this error like every 10 minutes since I upgraded to the latest version:

Server Error Log

Error Info
ErrorException: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() - library/EWRporta/ViewPublic/Portal.php:30
Generated By: Unknown Account, 14 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 /home/public_html/library/EWRporta/ViewPublic/Portal.php(30): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
#1 /home/public_html/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php(215): EWRporta_ViewPublic_Portal->renderRss('EWRporta_ViewPu...', 'Rss', Array, '')
#2 /home/public_html/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Rss.php(31): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject('EWRporta_ViewPu...', Array, '', NULL)
#3 /home/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(533): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Rss->renderView(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View), Object(XenForo_ViewRenderer_Rss), Array)
#4 /home/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(156): XenForo_FrontController->renderView()
#5 /home/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#6 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(33) "http://yoursite.net/index/index.rss"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

Jake helped out with this. Jaxel, is this a good fix for this? Not sure if what I am experiencing is an actual bug or not.

So because of my recent issues the mod isnt creating any tables because I can not uninstall the mod and re-install it properly. In my head, if I manually add tables I ASSUME it will fix things, is it possible for someone to tell me what tables need to be created and the settings for them?

I need someone from the XenPorta team to provide a solution/fix rather quickly... Awaiting response.
I may be wrong, but the 'XenPorta' team is Jaxel alone. He does not often give support directly in the forums. Here is a post that could be of some help to your developer: [8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal)
This is the old version of the Twitter widget. It may be deprecated and that's why your developer has issues with accessing the links. Your dev should look on dev.twitter.com how to implement the most recent version and integrate it by modifying the EWRblock_Twitter template.

I've already installed XenPorta and enabled my portal page for recent news in the forum. How can I customize and make the title for each news in the portal page bigger or somehow bold?

Also, along with the portal page I also want to add a newsfeed for the news in the sidebar of the homepage. How do I do that?

Thanks!

And if I'm not mistaken, the code that I gave you IS for that exact area, but you are going to need to learn how to use CSS for what you want.
I will give you a hint (this is captured for that area directly from that site you are referring to) using Chrome's Developer Tools ( and I STILL recommend you install Chrome and learn how to use that feature).

Code:
div#content.EWRporta_Portal .pageContent {[/S][/S][/S][/S][/S][/S][/S][/S]
[S][S][S][S][S][S][S][S]background-color: rgb(252, 252, 255);[/S][/S][/S][/S][/S][/S][/S][/S]
[S][S][S][S][S][S][S][S]padding: 0 20px;[/S][/S][/S][/S][/S][/S][/S][/S]
[S][S][S][S][S][S][S][S]padding-top: 30px;[/S][/S][/S][/S][/S][/S][/S][/S]
[S][S][S][S][S][S][S][S]padding-left: 15px;[/S][/S][/S][/S][/S][/S][/S][/S]
[S][S][S][S][S][S][S][S]border: 1px solid rgb(214, 214, 214);[/S][/S][/S][/S][/S][/S][/S][/S]
[S][S][S][S][S][S][S][S]border-radius: 6px;[/S][/S][/S][/S][/S][/S][/S][/S]
[S][S][S][S][S][S][S][S]}
will get you the box surrounding the news.

I just noticed you are using the Flexile theme. It has some special requirements on modifying the code for it from what I understand. What I am relaying uses the default xenForo theme modified to meet my system requirements. You may want to contact the author of the Flexile theme and ascertain what areas to modify. Go here to ask about it.
problem solved :) their big white background code was in their EXTRA.css as well once i copy their extra.css and pasted into mine then my xenporta got the exactly same white background as theirs :p

but now i got new problem how do i fix this duplicated box so that copyright is either outside white box or next to first copyright text? you can see on the picture below

Screenshot_27.webp

I've installed XenPorta 1.5.7 and couldn't get the BoardTotals block to show rich usernames. I tried everything, deleting and installing the new block, template refreshes and nothing worked.

I then examined the code in the BoardTotals block and there appears to be an error. In the block, there is:

Code:
<xen:username user="$BoardTotals.latestUser" text="rich" />

This should be replaced with:

Code:
<xen:username user="$BoardTotals.latestUser" rich="true" />

On doing so, the block worked for me and showed usernames in rich text. :)

Hello, I have just setup xenporta and enabled the news feed. Currently it looks like this:

2tl1Z

However, i want it to look like this:

2tl4b

Any idea what I'm doing wrong? I'm using the same theme: Flexile.

I have XenPorta 1.5.6, I already enabled my portal page for recent news in the forum. How can I customize and make the title for each news in the portal page bigger or somehow bold?
This
2013-04-04_1049.png

I also want to add a news feed for news in the sidebar of the homepage. How do I do that?

@Jaxel, I don't think you have ever responded to that question. Do you think you can add a force style per category option in XenPorta? This would be very important for me to be consistent with this add-on: http://xenforo.com/community/resources/force-style-on-thread-prefix.1346/

Good mod, but unfortunately the product is provided as is and Jaxel as he stated, he won't provide any support...this was the case back in the vB days too.
Only hope is to wait for XF to release a true CMS/Portal.

I have XenPorta 1.5.6, I already enabled my portal page for recent news in the forum. How can I customize and make the title for each news in the portal page bigger or somehow bold?

Play around with this setting in your EXTRA.css. You can do a cut/paste of the code example and see if it makes a change to your format (it did on my site). You will of course want to play with the size/color/font and you may also want to use a background image in addition to the color. As for news feed, are you referring to an external RSS source or what?

Code:
.recentNews .subHeading a {
color: red !important;
font-size: 24px !important;
font-family: Arial;
background: midnightblue !important;
}

Good mod, but unfortunately the product is provided as is and Jaxel as he stated, he won't provide any support...this was the case back in the vB days too.
Only hope is to wait for XF to release a true CMS/Portal.
All I want is a no or yes.

I looked at the code. The nature of the error is that it's trying to render threads, but apparently the 'threads' param is not set from the controller, or at least that param isn't an array as expected.

A bandaid would be to add the red code:

library/EWRporta/ViewPublic/Portal.php

Rich (BB code):
<?php

class EWRporta_ViewPublic_Portal extends XenForo_ViewPublic_Base
{
public function renderHtml()
{
}

public function renderRss()
{
$options = XenForo_Application::get('options');
$title = ($options->boardTitle ? $options->boardTitle : XenForo_Link::buildPublicLink('canonical:portal'));
$description = ($options->boardDescription ? $options->boardDescription : $title);

$buggyXmlNamespace = (defined('LIBXML_DOTTED_VERSION') && LIBXML_DOTTED_VERSION == '2.6.24');

$feed = new Zend_Feed_Writer_Feed();
$feed->setEncoding('utf-8');
$feed->setTitle($title);
$feed->setDescription($description);
$feed->setLink(XenForo_Link::buildPublicLink('canonical:portal'));
if (!$buggyXmlNamespace)
{
$feed->setFeedLink(XenForo_Link::buildPublicLink('canonical:portal/feed.rss'), 'rss');
}
$feed->setDateModified(XenForo_Application::$time);
$feed->setLastBuildDate(XenForo_Application::$time);
$feed->setGenerator($title);

if (is_array($this->_params['threads']))
foreach ($this->_params['threads'] AS $thread)
{
// TODO: add contents of first post in future

$entry = $feed->createEntry();
$entry->setTitle($thread['title']);
$entry->setLink(XenForo_Link::buildPublicLink('canonical:threads', $thread));
$entry->setDateCreated(new Zend_Date($thread['post_date'], Zend_Date::TIMESTAMP));
$entry->setDateModified(new Zend_Date($thread['last_post_date'], Zend_Date::TIMESTAMP));
if (!$buggyXmlNamespace)
{

That may fix the error. Otherwise it's up to Jaxel.
Jake,

I saw my portal try to load the RecentEvents block then disappear so I am thinking this is an issue with that block not showing up like its supposed to (another issue I posted about recently but got no answer on). Is there a way to reinstall just that block to see if that fixes it? Perhaps on the newest version that particular block had a bug in it.

Jake helped out with this. Jaxel, is this a good fix for this? Not sure if what I am experiencing is an actual bug or not.
It's apparently a bug of some type because I am getting the same thing... looks like from a Cron job that runs.

Jake,

I saw my portal try to load the RecentEvents block then disappear so I am thinking this is an issue with that block not showing up like its supposed to (another issue I posted about recently but got no answer on). Is there a way to reinstall just that block to see if that fixes it? Perhaps on the newest version that particular block had a bug in it.
Download the resource again, extract it then delete the block from your ACP. Once you do that you should be able to install the block again. You may even try using the old block to see if it works if you have an older version of the resource.

Jaxel can you provide us with either a fix or an older version of the RecentEvents block? Thanks for your time, I know you are busy.
I dont recall there ever being a RecentEvents block... so I have no idea what you guys are talking about.

Top Bottom