[8WR] XenPorta (Portal)

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) 1.6.0

No permission to download
Ok... I have re-downloaded.... checked and rechecked that the files I upload are overwriting the old ones.
Everything is in order.... same error.

Jaxel?
May I suggest moving the porta directory to EWRporta_bk and then upload straight from the zip.

Jaxel.... can you please give any insight into this error as mentioned on the previous page? Everything has been uploaded from the new package and everything overwritten. I have checked and rechecked this. The error persists.

I would be grateful if you could work with me in order to resolve this issue as our site currently has no portal which is upsetting some clients.

Thanks for your response.

Rob

We had a user the same problem, check your blocks in the option Format Parameters in the zone of select the forums, remember activate the mode debug.

You must change:
Code:
EWRporta_Option_ForumChooser::verifyOption

For:
Code:
EWRporta_Option_ForumChooser::renderOption

Sorry for my English.

Edit: If you are upgrading I would recommend uninstalling the old and installing the new

Jaxel.... can you please give any insight into this error as mentioned on the previous page? Everything has been uploaded from the new package and everything overwritten. I have checked and rechecked this. The error persists.

I would be grateful if you could work with me in order to resolve this issue as our site currently has no portal which is upsetting some clients.

Thanks for your response.

Rob
In your RecentNews.xml file, search for similar to
Rich (BB code):
    <option option_id="recentnews_forum" edit_format="callback" data_type="array" display_order="1" validation_class="EWRporta_Option_ForumChooser" validation_method="verifyOption">
      <option_value>a:1:{i:0;s:2:"78";}</option_value>
      <edit_format_params>EWRporta_Option_ForumChooser::renderOption</edit_format_params>
      <sub_options>*</sub_options>
      <title>News Source Forums</title>
      <explain><![CDATA[Only selected forums will be searched. (unspecify to disable)]]></explain>
    </option>
Chage it for:
Code:
    <option option_id="recentnews_forum" edit_format="callback" data_type="array" display_order="1">
      <edit_format_params>EWRporta_Option_ForumChooser::renderOption</edit_format_params>
      <explain><![CDATA[Only selected forums will be searched. (unspecify to disable)]]></explain>
    </option>
Save changes and install it again.

Salud2

I am so totally lost with the layout set up.

I want my index page to look as is... here
But I want the forums here to have the recent topics and board totals blocks on the right under the the users online block. Problem is I'm not sure how to set up the type and id (properly) When I choose the drop down which choice do I use? I have tried various. and none are working.

Is this due to the "/" at the end of url? IE: ***.tld/index.php?forum/ ????

maybe I just need to get some sleep and i'll figure it out in the morning... none the less any assistance woudl be appreciated.... lol.

Content titles in URL?

* I have not resolved this issue yet. However I am ready to call it a night. Off to bed. Will check to see if there is an answer or link to further information on this, tomorrow.

Thanks. Have a good night.

Hi all,

I'm having an issue with attachments. They show fine on the threads, but on the portal ( http://www.kh-vids.net/ ) they simply show as "View attachment ###" links. I've tried setting Guest permissions to be able to view attachments (both for the usergroup and the news nodes) but I'm still having no luck.
Just got around to updating to the latest version, posting to say that the issue (whatever it was) was fixed. Thanks for the great add-on Jaxel!

I have made a few visual changes to my forum recently and noticed when i change the width the recent slider is off a bit. I am looking for a way to fix this. I have no clue where to go to make this look less off.. lol

ld1NY3p.png

On the left you can see a decent sized gap. I would like to expand the slides and the right side to fit correctly.

Is it possible to make a matching Prefix -> Category?

I want to show on the Frontpage only Threads with a special Prefix from the whole Forum. Is this possible?

Where is a list with Blocks that I can install? Any Documentation? I did not found something.

Hi,

I've been trying to display the results of a php file in a block but for the life of me I can't get it to work - it always displays at the very top of the forum instead of in the block.

The php file displays banners that randomly load every refresh.

I've tried using HTMLblock and includephp, any help gratefully received.

OK, I've found the additional Blocks. Great!

I have just added some Posts/Articles a Category. Where does this appear on the frontpage? Is there a Category Selector?

Does anyone know how to standardize the image size that displays in the recent news block? It's too small for me and varies the size. I made a workaround by floating the image & text on the page directly but it's choppy.

In your RecentNews.xml file, search for similar to
Rich (BB code):
    <option option_id="recentnews_forum" edit_format="callback" data_type="array" display_order="1" validation_class="EWRporta_Option_ForumChooser" validation_method="verifyOption">
    </option>
Chage it for:
Code:
    <option option_id="recentnews_forum" edit_format="callback" data_type="array" display_order="1">
    </option>
Save changes and install it again.

Salud2

Hi good advice, but it wasnt in that file. I did check all the other xml files and found reference to the code in glossary.xml. I have corrected that and all seems to upgrade fine. Now im just gonna check its all functioning ok.

Thanks for the pointers.

Rob

I have to disable this add-on because one particular query is bringing the site to grind.

The culprit query is this:-
SELECT xf_thread.*, xf_user.*, xf_post.message, xf_post.attach_count, xf_node.title AS node_title,
IF(xf_user.username IS NULL, xf_thread.username, xf_user.username) AS username,
IF(EWRporta_promotes.promote_date IS NULL, xf_thread.post_date, EWRporta_promotes.promote_date) AS promote_date,
EWRporta_promotes.promote_icon, EWRporta_promotes.promote_data
FROM xf_thread
LEFT JOIN xf_user ON (xf_user.user_id = xf_thread.user_id)
INNER JOIN xf_post ON (xf_post.post_id = xf_thread.first_post_id)
INNER JOIN xf_node ON (xf_node.node_id = xf_thread.node_id)
LEFT JOIN EWRporta_promotes ON (EWRporta_promotes.thread_id = xf_thread.thread_id)

I might be wrong here but is it really nessesary to have such a heavy selection? It seems to me to be selecting every single thread.

Regardless, I have had to turn this off as the upgrade I thought would have solved the issues I was having. I cannot have a portal at the expense of heavy downtime.

Is anyone else noticing a huge resource hit when this mod is enabled?

I have to disable this add-on because one particular query is bringing the site to grind.

The culprit query is this:-

I might be wrong here but is it really nessesary to have such a heavy selection? It seems to me to be selecting every single thread.

Regardless, I have had to turn this off as the upgrade I thought would have solved the issues I was having. I cannot have a portal at the expense of heavy downtime.

Is anyone else noticing a huge resource hit when this mod is enabled?

What are your cache settings for the blocks? Specifically the recentnews and recentthread blocks?

Top Bottom