[8WR] XenPorta (Portal)

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) 1.6.0

No permission to download
guys, help me please! willing to pay for the work
Under XenPorta > Options, have you Globalized any layouts? If not, then you'll need to globalize the layout for component you wish to customise (index, forum, etc).

Then, under XenPorta > Layouts, create a new layout for that component (index, forum, etc) and place the Slider where you want.

Note: if you intend to globalize Thread and/or Forums, then you also need to make template modifications as instructed in the original resource post: [8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal)

Does anyone know how to control the way the Recent Slider sorts it's content? It appears as though it sorts alphabetically by title. Ideally, I would like to have it sort by date in descending order.

Under XenPorta > Options, have you Globalized any layouts? If not, then you'll need to globalize the layout for component you wish to customise (index, forum, etc).

Then, under XenPorta > Layouts, create a new layout for that component (index, forum, etc) and place the Slider where you want.

Note: if you intend to globalize Thread and/or Forums, then you also need to make template modifications as instructed in the original resource post: [8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal)
Thank you! It worked. Now the problem is different. The forum is used Widget Framework. As a result, conflict jquery slider and sidebar. This problem can be solved?

I'm getting my sidebar not working on the forum page... however it works fine when i go into forum nodes and forum threads

After creating a new thread which will be visible in Porta's Recent News Block on my portal homepage, I can click on 'continue reading' which takes me to the appropriate forum/thread and displays the comments block etc, but below 'comments' it displays the same opening post text o_O

I think my reply a few posts above may also apply to you guys.

If you globalize a custom layout (XenPorta > Options), then you must also define that layout or its fallback (XenPorta > Layouts), and take note of the template modification required if you globalize forum or thread layouts.

How do you create new layouts ?

How do you create new layouts ?
When I said "create" perhaps I should have used "customise" instead.

Under ACP > XenPorta > Layouts you'll see the layouts you currently have customised, and by default there'll only be one for the Portal. To customise more, use the drop-down selector at the bottom to choose the appropriate layout, optionally include the node ID (if applicable), then click on the Customise New Layout button. Your new layout will then appear in the main list, and then you can modify it.

For example, if I wanted to create a layout for all my forums, I would select Layout: forum, leave the ID field blank and click the Customise New Layout button. If I wanted to create a layout specific to one forum, I would repeat the same steps except I would enter that forum's node ID in the ID field.

There's also a button at the top called +Install Layout which I assume allows you import pre-defined layouts. For example, you can export a layout and share it with another user provided they have the same blocks. I say "assume" because I haven't actually used it.

Right, so to get an image displaying across the top of a news article which is promoted to the front page, I believe this can only be done by having uploaded a file "attachment" set to full preview.

Is that correct?

I really want to use an image embedded via IMG tags. The promote does let you choose one of those, but the image does not display.....:confused:

Right, so to get an image displaying across the top of a news article which is promoted to the front page, I believe this can only be done by having uploaded a file "attachment" set to full preview.

Is that correct?

I really want to use an image embedded via IMG tags. The promote does let you choose one of those, but the image does not display.....:confused:
Images "contained" in your article will only appear as the avatar on the front page. I deliberately use the word "contained" because you can either:
  1. Upload the image as an attachment, and not include it in the post body
  2. Upload the image as an attachment, and include it in the post body as a thumbnail
  3. Upload the image as an attachment, and include it in the post body at full size
Either one of those methods will result in the image appearing on the front page as the avatar. Now, when you view the article you'll obviously see the image appearing in the post body, provided you included it (step 2 or 3 above).

However, I get the sense that you want the entire image appearing on the front page (i.e. not just when viewing the article) and not in the avatar either, but within the preview text? XenPorta strips out any IMG and similar tags from the preview text, but if you search around (perhaps even in this thread) you'll find that someone has shared a way to disable the stripping.

However, I get the sense that you want the entire image appearing on the front page (i.e. not just when viewing the article) and not in the avatar either, but within the preview text? XenPorta strips out any IMG and similar tags from the preview text, but if you search around (perhaps even in this thread) you'll find that someone has shared a way to disable the stripping.

That's exactly what i am after :)

I will search this discussion again. Thanks for the reply :)

EDIT: I think i found the post in question:
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/8wayrun-com-xenporta-portal.26838/page-44#post-387773

I now just need to work out how to edit that block - can't see a template for it.....

That's exactly what i am after :)

I will search this discussion again. Thanks for the reply :)

EDIT: I think i found the post in question:
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/8wayrun-com-xenporta-portal.26838/page-44#post-387773

I now just need to work out how to edit that block - can't see a template for it.....
Yep, that's the post I was thinking of!

You have to actually edit the module, and not a template. The module in question is library/EWRporta/Block/RecentNews.php. Good luck!

Anyone else notice that the donations block will take a user to paypal and complete the donation but doesn't show the donations? Ergo: We've received a total $0.00 in donations! Any way to fix this?
Same issue. Anyone ever figure out the fix for this? Checked the DB, no record of the donations in the table. Little to nothing on the net.

Now the problem is different. The forum is used Widget Framework. As a result, conflict jquery slider and sidebar. This problem can be solved?

Can somebody help? Thanks in advance!

For some reason, I have some paging appearing on my forum homepage. This is somehow coming from XenPorta (I believe) as if I click page 2, it takes me to the last article which would have been the very first one I promoted. I just don't know why the paging is appearing on the top of the forum homepage.....

forum-paging.webp

Top Bottom