[8WR] XenPorta (Portal)

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) 1.6.0

No permission to download
I tried to create a forum layout with a sidebar last night too and I couldn't seem to get anything to display in the sidebar, only above or below the forum. Perhaps I'm missing something?

When looking at a thread from a forum referenced by the 'RecentNews' block on my portal is displays as follows:

The OP
The word 'Comments'
My recent news slider (that I want on the home page but it randomly appears in the thread?)
The actual comments
Reply box
Bottom blocks from my home page (what's this doing in the thread too?)

It's weird, it's like it's trying to apply the portal layout to the thread. Anyone know how I can either stop this being applied or hide all these blocks using css in the thread view?

You're defaulting to the portal layout on your forum. Set a forum layout in the ACP and tick the forum layout box.

(this has been covered before quite a few times)

No worries :-)

I don't think I've seen a "new" question in here for ages but appreciate it can be hard to search the huge threads :-)

Another question, I'm going a little insane trying to fix this.

I've got two slight style issues, one with XenPorta and one with XenAtendo, the issue only arises in IE (I'm testing in 9).

Social icons out of place on articles from the recent news blog
social icons.webp

Xen Atendo Weekly View
atendo.webp

After checking a few other sites that use these add ons it must be something I'm doing weird or wrong as I don't experience this problem with them. I can't figure it out though, the issues are still there when I revert to the default theme too.

I've tried removing everything from extra.css, disabling every add on but the ones in question, checked all my template edits for possible mistakes (there's not many edits).

Any ideas?

I'd start with default theme (installed fresh from master) and disabling all other addons. If that gets you no where then time to turn firebug on and work out the CSS that's causing it.

Thanks Rob, I've justed had 3 friends test it on IE on their PCs and it looks like it's just a problem with my computer is it displays fine on theirs :rolleyes: I wish I'd asked them sooner :cry:
Running Win 7 with the latest IE9, how strange o_O

I've got a problem.... trying to uninstall xenPorta (so that I can reinstall a later version), and am getting this error:

Code:
Mysqli prepare error: Table 'minecraftcc.EWRporta_blocks' doesn't exist

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in XenForo/Model.php at line 218
XenForo_Model->fetchAllKeyed() in EWRporta/Model/Blocks.php at line 7
EWRporta_Model_Blocks->getAllBlocks() in EWRporta/Install.php at line 184
EWRporta_Install->_uninstall_0() in EWRporta/Install.php at line 179
EWRporta_Install::uninstallCode()
call_user_func() in XenForo/DataWriter/AddOn.php at line 193
XenForo_DataWriter_AddOn->_postDelete() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1738
XenForo_DataWriter->delete() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 116
XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionDelete() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home1/justinbp/public_html/xenforo/admin.php at line 13

Why doesn't that table exist? And how can I fix this so I can uninstall?

I think it is via the recent News block options.

I want to show all threads in certain forums in articles mode. I dont want this to interfere with the recent news block though.

Any suggestions?

Rob

I've installed this plugin onto the flexile theme. I want to use the recentnews block on the homepage so it turns out similar to the way this one looks (although in white) http://8wayrun.com/ .

This is how my site homepage looks: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/543/examplemc.jpg/

However, whenever I activate it and select the forum I want it to get it from the box doesn't use the correct style (it uses the blue header thing) rather than the rounded corner grey boxes. Things such as the avatar holder do not display in the correct position either and the whole thing is outside the box.

I've tried installing older versions of this but it still does not work.

Does anyone have any ideas on where I'm going wrong?

Does anyone know how to remove the [IMG [ATTACH tags on the RecentSilder block when showing on the homepage the summary and having an image at the beginning of the article?

Top Bottom