[8WR] XenPorta (Portal)

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) 1.6.0

No permission to download
hello,

theire is a bug in the new slider. jaxel please got to your startsite and scroll down to the bottom (please go complete to the end of the startsite). and then wait a moment. your page jump from alone to the top, if the slider jumps to the next slide. the problem is on my site too, in all browsers.

hello,

theire is a bug in the new slider. jaxel please got to your startsite and scroll down to the bottom (please go complete to the end of the startsite). and then wait a moment. your page jump from alone to the top, if the slider jumps to the next slide. the problem is on my site too, in all browsers.
Ah... I was wondering why I had a heightFix outer div on the old version... Now I remember why. Will fix for next version.

Jaxel, your articles on your portal should be inside h2 tags. Currently they are just inside div tags. This isn't good for SEO.

There is also a very typical duplicated content issue. Both domain.com and domain.com/articles point to the same content, which could lead to a penalty by google. I recommend to 404 the blank articles route, just like /threads, /posts, etc.

An exception occurred: Mysqli statement execute error : Incorrect arguments to mysqld_stmt_execute in /home/user/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 214
  1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 734
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchAll() in EWRporta/Block/RecentNews.php at line 38
  5. EWRporta_Block_RecentNews->getModule() in EWRporta/Model/Blocks.php at line 116
  6. EWRporta_Model_Blocks->getBlockParams() in EWRporta/ViewPublic/Custom.php at line 71
  7. EWRporta_ViewPublic_Custom->renderHtml() in Tinhte/XenTag/XenForo/ViewPublic/Thread/View.php at line 5
  8. Tinhte_XenTag_XenForo_ViewPublic_Thread_View->renderHtml() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php at line 215
  9. XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php at line 67
  10. XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 533
  11. XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 156
  12. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/user/public_html/index.php at line 13

Jaxel, your articles on your portal should be inside h2 tags. Currently they are just inside div tags. This isn't good for SEO.
Hmm... the ENTIRE article? Or just the article header?
An exception occurred: Mysqli statement execute error : Incorrect arguments to mysqld_stmt_execute in /home/user/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 214
Don't know. Try reuploading the files and reinstalling.
I have XenPorta 1.5.3 installed, how do I go about upgrading with minimal fuss?
Run the install script?

Don't know. Try reuploading the files and reinstalling.

Run the install script?
I tried that and it didn't work. I installed someone elses slider and it works just fine.

I think there's something wrong with the new slider or recent news block that you uploaded for this latest version.

Moderation Overlay bug.

screen-shot-2013-01-06-at-9-24-05-am-png.38881

Not the entire article, but the titles of your articles. Currently your sidebar widgets have more significance to google than your articles because their titles are wrapped insided h3 tags, which still are more important to google than div tags. For CMSes or portals it is recommended that on article-overview pages (also called category pages) first the name of your site should be in h1 tags, your article titles in h2 tags and titles of your sidebar widgets in h3 tags.
Specifically for your site:

8WAYRUN.COM - Soulcalibur (h1, the title of your book)

Articles (h2, the index entries of your book)

Sidebar widgets (h3, the extras of your book)

Hi Jaxel,

I notice on your 8wayrun.com news and announcements forum the layout is more like that of a blog where you have the original post and the the comments section under it, are you running a blog there or is still part of the forum and if so how did you get that separate comments section instead of the normal post replies that a forum layout has?

Regards

Paul

I supposed you are referring to the "article layout" of xenPorta. There is a news block for which you need to select a forum.. all threads in these forums will have that "article" layout... otherwise you may also use the "promote thread" option to get that "article" layout.

Yep, that looks like it, I'm still new to this and setting up the forum, I noticed the "article look" on 8wayrun and thought that is just what I want.

I'll play around a bit more to find my way around :-)

Top Bottom