[8WR] XenPorta (Portal)

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) 1.6.0

No permission to download
Jaxel... you are the boss. Thanks for the updates.

[edit] btw does the tabs on recent threads affect the SEO. I remember Bobster had such a Tabbed Recent Threads module in vBadvanced CMPS.. and there were talks about how the tabbed function affects the SEO.

Jaxel... you are the boss. Thanks for the updates.

[edit] btw does the tabs on recent threads affect the SEO. I remember Bobster had such a Tabbed Recent Threads module in vBadvanced CMPS.. and there were talks about how the tabbed function affects the SEO.
No idea. You need to be a rocket science to figure out how SEO works... and I think these minor SEO things are mostly snake-oil.

Boss enough for a donation? =P

This recent attachments module is worthy of it's own addon. Only thing it's missing is a page where you can view the attachments as if in a gallery.

Actually, most of your addons are worthy of it's own addon now that I think about it. Sometimes your level of awesome is so high we forget.

This recent attachments module is worthy of it's own addon. Only thing it's missing is a page where you can view the attachments as if in a gallery.
I could add a page to view it as a gallery... when I rebuilt XenPorta with 1.5.0, I added in a TON of features you guys still don't know about because I don't use them. I put them in so that OTHER people can use them.

In fact, the first time I'm using the listener system with XenPorta is with the new RecentThreadx5 block. When you change the tabs, it actually browses to a page and loads the data in AJAX. For instance, if you click on the 4th tab (Soulcalibur V) on my forums, it goes to this page:
http://8wayrun.com/calibur/portal/recent-threads?tab=4

I could add a page to view it as a gallery... when I rebuilt XenPorta with 1.5.0, I added in a TON of features you guys still don't know about because I don't use them. I put them in so that OTHER people can use them.

In fact, the first time I'm using the listener system with XenPorta is with the new RecentThreadx5 block. When you change the tabs, it actually browses to a page and loads the data in AJAX. For instance, if you click on the 4th tab (Soulcalibur V) on my forums, it goes to this page:
http://8wayrun.com/calibur/portal/recent-threads?tab=4
Well ain't that some sh!!

Use RecentFeatures... the old RecentSlider is abandoned at this point.
Will RecentSlider still work with this latest and future updates?

You personally might think that Features is "MUCH nicer" than the Slider, but there's no accounting for taste (as they say). From an aesthetic point of view, I preferred Slider's ability to portray thumbnails for each element. Features just has some filled/unfilled squares which can be difficult to discern against a dark background, and requires a mouse-over to identify.

Anyway, just curious if I'm "forced" to use Features instead of Slider from now on?

Hi Jaxel,

I have copied and overwritten all files and Upgraded Add-On with the included XML, however do I also need to re-install each block as well? I have looked at the source code for my page, particularly the RecentNews v1.0.0 (should be higher?) section and I can't see any h2 tags in there at all.

Do I need to uninstall the old block, and install again using the XML's in your latest zip file to update to the latest version? I would have thought that the php files would have been replaced while overwriting all the files, and the upgrade would have happened then?

Hi Jaxel,

I have copied and overwritten all files and Upgraded Add-On with the included XML, however do I also need to re-install each block as well? I have looked at the source code for my page, particularly the RecentNews v1.0.0 (should be higher?) section and I can't see any h2 tags in there at all.

Do I need to uninstall the old block, and install again using the XML's in your latest zip file to update to the latest version? I would have thought that the php files would have been replaced while overwriting all the files, and the upgrade would have happened then?

Check in the library/EWRporta/XML_Addons

you can grab the new blocks or install from there like RecentThreadx5.

Check in the library/EWRporta/XML_Addons

you can grab the new blocks or install from there like RecentThreadx5.
Thanks, so the ones with the same name (RecentNews, for example), do I need to Uninstall the block first, then Install the new one? It is a bit hard to tell which blocks have been updated, also. Obviously I don't need to update the ones I don't use but I feel like I should be now uninstalling all the ones I do use, and reinstalling them, in case they've been updated since my initial installation.

Thanks for your assistance davespanzer.

Thanks, so the ones with the same name (RecentNews, for example), do I need to Uninstall the block first, then Install the new one? It is a bit hard to tell which blocks have been updated, also. Obviously I don't need to update the ones I don't use but I feel like I should be now uninstalling all the ones I do use, and reinstalling them, in case they've been updated since my initial installation.

Thanks for your assistance davespanzer.

I'm not going to reinstall any blocks unless I see there was changes to that specific block in the change log.
I've only been using Xenforo for a month so I'm still learning though.

I would just leave what you got, and if you want one of the updated blocks just install them.

Cheers

Jaxel, the h2 tags are placed wrong because they also wrap up the post date of an article. I recommend this:
Rich (BB code):
<div class="subHeading">
    <div style="float: right; white-space: nowrap;">
        <a href="threads/soulcast-21-the-piratecast.15674/"><abbr data-timestring="6:33 AM" data-datestring="Jan 6, 2013" data-diff="92904" data-time="1357472016" class="DateTime" title="Jan 6, 2013 at 6:33 AM">Yesterday at 6:33 AM</abbr></a>
    </div>

<h2><a class="newsTitle" href="threads/soulcast-21-the-piratecast.15674/">SoulCast #21: The PirateCast!</a></h2>
</div>

For some reason if I use the RecentThreadx5, I have pop ups that say "Ignore" on the Inbox and Alert tab, only when I visit the forum index.

Clicking them only open up the tab and they wont go away, any ideas?

Untitled-1.webp

BTW, the RecentThreadx5 is great, also any way I can center the 5 tabs at the top.

Thanks,

For some reason if I use the RecentThreadx5, I have pop ups that say "Ignore" on the Inbox and Alert tab, only when I visit the forum index.

Clicking them only open up the tab and they wont go away, any ideas?

View attachment 38936

BTW, the RecentThreadx5 is great, also any way I can center the 5 tabs at the top.

Thanks,
I think I read before that error has to do with TaigaChat... don't remember where I saw it.

Hi Jaxel,

Any blocks you already have installed should get updated automatically. If they don't, then you may have template edits.

Will RecentSlider still work with this latest and future updates?

You personally might think that Features is "MUCH nicer" than the Slider, but there's no accounting for taste (as they say). From an aesthetic point of view, I preferred Slider's ability to portray thumbnails for each element. Features just has some filled/unfilled squares which can be difficult to discern against a dark background, and requires a mouse-over to identify.

Anyway, just curious if I'm "forced" to use Features instead of Slider from now on?
It will work... just not in tandem with RecentThreadx5. As well, I won't be including the slider in future packages. I won't be including the Accordion either; but for a different reason, it was a resource hog and even my powerhouse of a computer couldn't run it at butter smooth.

I made both those blocks a long time ago... they were hacky as **** and really crappy.

If you absolutely wish, you can easily edit RecentFeatures to make the blocks bigger, and add thumbnails to the squares.

Top Bottom