[8WR] XenPorta (Portal)

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) 1.6.0

No permission to download
@Martok What Xenforo must do is take away Addons from the resource list that aren't working, that are some, even PAID ones... and nobody cares to organize this, an add-on can be completely broken in a newer version of Xenforo that in contrary of what others do, Xenforo won't have a option to say "this add-on is not compatible with 1.1.X".

If Xenforo 1.2 comes and nothing is done about this, this is going to be messy with no info about 1.2 compatibility in the add-ons and spam everywhere of people asking "is this working?" "this isn't working!".

Last edited:
@Martok What Xenforo must do is take away Addons from the resource list that aren't working, that are some, even PAID ones... and nobody cares to organize this, an add-on can be completely broken in a newer version of Xenforo that in contrary of what others do, Xenforo won't have a option to say "this add-on is not compatible with 1.1.X".

If Xenforo 1.2 comes and nothing is done about this, this is going to be messy with no info about 1.2 compatibility in the add-ons and spam everywhere of people asking "is this working?" "this isn't working!".

I disagree... if something is being done in the name of XenForo then XenForo must have minimum standards of practice, especially for free ad-ons - and no one doe free ad-ons for nothing, they are all bound to release paid versions at some time.

I disagree... if something is being done in the name of XenForo then XenForo must have minimum standards of practice, especially for free ad-ons - and no one doe free ad-ons for nothing, they are all bound to release paid versions at some time.
For me one add-on creator is free to support it or not if it states that we agree with the modder terms when using the mod. Xenforo must just implement something to let us know when mods are non-working, abandoned, incompatible with X version, etc...

The modders can't simply do what already happened in this forum, some buyed one add-on, installed it, didn't work in the newest version of Xenforo when there wasn't any info about version support in the pages, that same person asked for SUPPORT, the modder REFUSED, the same person asked for REFUND, the modder REFUSED. For me modders be allowed to do that, is allow a scam.
(non-referring to this mod or something of this author, what makes us off-topic in here)

@OverHere and @mauzao9 - I suggest that you raise your points with the Xenforo team in a new thread rather than in this one if you feel that strongly about it. I'll be interested to see their responses and those of other members and developers.

are you people for real?
over its life, ive seen more action, updates, implemented feedback, and flexibility with xenporta than with xenforo itself.

Where can I find the RecentSlider. in version (1.5.8)?

You can't, it was removed in version 1.5.6.

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/8wayrun-com-xenporta-portal.90/update?update=3012

The RecentSlider and RecentAccordion blocks have been removed from the install files. You can still use these blocks from the old install files if you wish; but I will no longer be supporting them. These blocks have been deprecated in favor of the new RecentFeatures block.

Thank you very much for your interest.

Where can I find old version of XenPorta th.

What do you mean RecentFeatures Are RecentNews and RecentThreads?

Hi All. Looks like a twitter API update has broken the twitter block - does anyone have an update for it or workaround? Thanks!

Thank you very much for your help.

I do not know how to use this RecentFeatures.See the picture?
How does this RecentFeatures? I need help.

View attachment 48883

RecentFeatures is a replacement for the RecentSlider block (as far as I am aware) and I think it works in the same way. Info on this is in the FAQs I linked to.

RecentSlider

The recentslider block will pull any post from your specified recentnews forums that contains an attachment named slide.jpg (note the file just needs to be attached, not actually embedded in the post) and displays the attachment and post summary within a slidershow-type box.

Hi All. Looks like a twitter API update has broken the twitter block - does anyone have an update for it or workaround? Thanks!
It's broke, but not only in this Addon, there are some sites where the twitter addons stopped working, something with their JS some days just isn't working. But there are workarounds, sadly only @Jaxel can have a look into that since his site widget is also broken. ^^

Found an error in 1.5.8. When deleting a promotion, an error occurs:
Code:
[error] 976#0: *51248 FastCGI sent in stderr: PHP Fatal error:  Call to a member function query() on a non-object in /var/www/[...]/library/EWRporta/Model/Promotes.php on line 95" while reading response header from upstream, client: x.x.x.x, server: x, request: "POST /threads/[...]/promote HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php-fastcgi/php-fastcgi.socket:", host: "[...]", referrer: "http://[...]/threads/[...]/
Looks like there is a typo on line 95 of library/EWRporta/Model/Promotes.php:
Code:
      $db->query("DELETE FROM EWRporta_catlinks WHERE thread_id = ?", $input['thread_id']);
However, $db is undefined in this scope. Thus the abovementioned line has to be changed to:
Code:
      $this->_getDb()->query("DELETE FROM EWRporta_catlinks WHERE thread_id = ?", $input['thread_id']);

Top Bottom