[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) PRO

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) PRO [Paid] 1.2.2b

No permission to buy ($40.00)
Hello,
I've recently bought Xenporta2, so I'm just a beginner at using it and there are (many) things I still do not understand very well. So please forgive me for my stupid questions.

First, I'm not sure I correctly understand what is a "Widget Framwork". Could someone explain what is it and what is for ?

Second question, linked to the first one, I don't understand the following options :
0092.webp

Why should I select some of them or why shouldn't I ? (I've tried to see a difference between selected and unselected and couldn't see any).

Thank you for your patience and your help :)

hi @Jaxel

When using...

Code:
{$author.author_name}

...to show the username on the article list/homepage there is no output. Is the author name exposed there?

I want to use the author name and not the poster name.

Three Quick Questions:

1. What is the best way to style only the article list without affecting the rest of the styling of XenForo?

2. How do I enable 'quote' and 'reply' options for selection of text in the comments on any article?

3. Is there any way to push the content below the article thumbnail when viewing on mobile (narrow) layout? Currently it gets cramped next to the thumbnail when on mobile layout.

The author is the person that writes the thread. Orr if you mean the authors page, go to the authors page and click Add New Author. If you can't see that, you need to add permissions to yourself or your group in Admin CP.

@Jaxel

My Authors page is empty and i could not find a place where i could permit myself to "Add New Author" on the Authors Page! Please advice. Thanks

http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/articles/authors

Screen Shot 2015-03-25 at 6.45.42 PM.webp

Last edited:
hi @Jaxel

When using...

Code:
{$author.author_name}

...to show the username on the article list/homepage there is no output. Is the author name exposed there?

I want to use the author name and not the poster name.
Huh? The author is the poster...

Three Quick Questions:

1. What is the best way to style only the article list without affecting the rest of the styling of XenForo?

2. How do I enable 'quote' and 'reply' options for selection of text in the comments on any article?

3. Is there any way to push the content below the article thumbnail when viewing on mobile (narrow) layout? Currently it gets cramped next to the thumbnail when on mobile layout.
1. the articles list has it's own CSS classes... use them.
2. hmm... I'll look into adding that for the next version.
3. CSS.

@Jaxel

My Authors page is empty and i could not find a place where i could permit myself to "Add New Author" on the Authors Page! Please advice. Thanks

http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/articles/authors

View attachment 102172
Adding authors is based on the admin permission. There is a link on the authors page.

Top Bottom