[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) PRO

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) PRO [Paid] 1.2.2b

No permission to buy ($40.00)
Ok so maybe I am just ignorant and missing something. On your site if I navigate to the root at www.8WAYRUN.com, I am taken to the portal.

If I click on the tab for forums, or navigate directly to www.8WAYRUN.com/forums/, I am taken to xenForo. How is it that xenForo is installed at the ROOT, when I am directed to a subdirectory for the forums? I'm not gonna call bulls^$t at this point, but I want to hear about it.

Like I said, I just want to do what is on the example site. If I install xenForo in the root, it isn't going to be located at www.mysite.com/forums/ unless you are capable of some pretty amazing Jedi mind tricks.

My forum is installed in my root directory. When going to mysite.com it takes me to the portal because I have this set:

Screenshot_13.webp

By doing that it will make it so your forums load via mysite.com/forums automatically. Currently on your site when I try to access the root domain(no /forums/ I get a server error. I'd look into moving that.

My forum is installed in my root directory. When going to mysite.com it takes me to the portal because I have this set:

View attachment 97138

By doing that it will make it so your forums load via mysite.com/forums automatically. Currently on your site when I try to access the root domain(no /forums/ I get a server error. I'd look into moving that.

Ok Russ - I just edited my post because I see now (I think) what you were able to accomplish with your site.

I am just testing everything regardless, so I can check out a quick install in a root directory on another domain and see where it gets me.

I specifically left my root empty because I thought I was going to have to hard code a portal page and that was where it was going to sit. It is the way I used to set up vBulletin sites with vBadvanced CMPS.

This product requires you to do things in reverse - install the forums in the root and then forward to the portal page.

Last edited:
This product requires you to do things in reverse - install the forums in the root and then forward to the portal page.

For what it's worth it's not just this product it's a default xenforo functionality. Our main site for our styles is run by a page, the index route is set to: /pages/home or whatever which it turns our main domain into the home page and shifts the forum list to /forums/ You could set the index route to anything you wanted too and it would shift the forums into /forums/

Is there/could there be an option to automatically redirect from the portal to the forum if a user is logged in and has selected an option in their preferences to do so?

I'm not great at explaining, here is something a little more visual.

Guest visits site.com
Guest gets directed to the portal.

Registered visits site.com
Registered gets directed to the portal.

Registered (with bypass option selected) visits site.com
Registered gets directed to the forum.

For what it's worth it's not just this product it's a default xenforo functionality. Our main site for our styles is run by a page, the index route is set to: /pages/home or whatever which it turns our main domain into the home page and shifts the forum list to /forums/ You could set the index route to anything you wanted too and it would shift the forums into /forums/

I understand now. It is (to me) completely counter-intuitive :) You are installing things counter logically, and then having to insert code to get them to act logically :)

I understand now. It is (to me) completely counter-intuitive :) You are installing things counter logically, and then having to insert code to get them to act logically :)

You aren't inserting code to make it act logically. You are changing the route. By default the route is set to /forums/ you are just changing the route to /articles/ so no code is being changed to make it work just a setting. Even with just xF in the root folder by default it's still going to show http://mysite.com/forums/ in the address bar.

my order#40S72753X0757xxxx

you can confirm
Okay, fine. You asked ONE question: how to disable the navigation menu.
To which I responded immediately: Turn xenforo debug mode on and disable the listener for the navtab.

I guess you asking a question, and me giving you the exact answer is "bad support".

Also... question #4 in the FAQ already answers a way to disable the main navigation item.

Last edited:
As I am getting more comfortable with this product, I am liking it more and more.

Questions about AdSense Widgit:
(1) How would I make this widgit holder transparent on my site? No formatting, no title - so all the you see is the adsense ad?
(2) If I want to display two AdSense ads (one horizontal, one vertical) do I need to make two separate AdSense Widgits (because the Widgit stores the ad ID)? How would I go about making a copy of the AdSense Widget so that I could have different ads?

Okay, fine. You asked ONE question: how to disable the navigation menu.
To which I responded immediately: Turn xenforo debug mode on and disable the listener for the navtab.

I guess you asking a question, and me giving you the exact answer is "bad support".

Also... question #4 in the FAQ already answers a way to disable the main navigation item.

You know that is not so, I have sent yo at least five emails and when answered your answers have been tablespoons.

You have no simple manual for someone who is first used Xenporta also the forum that link when purchasing the add on is a forum of the game Soul Calibur, which has nothing to do with the add on .

You should see the other person who sells an add on to Portal works, has a unique forum to support the application, making its user friendliness for the end user.

Besides that open thread is this section that you call your support is a disorder of 52 pages, which is very difficult to find the doubt that one can have.

I understand what you want to do is try to discredit my opinion, to face other potential buyers your stay as you give excellent support when it is completely false. If you have not only a user's manual when you download the add on. One has to find out where you hid the xml and look like make install Xenporta.

As a final customer if there is a warning before purchasing the add on, "No I offer manual and see if I answer questions with monosyllables mail". Understand what he was buying, not I would have never contacted the mail.

What you can do to keep my mouth shut is making a real user manual, create an exclusive forum for the application you sell and perform a set of video tutorials for using Xenporta, not laughter videos you have. For the price of $ 40 it costs you should do it.

You may find users who are content with the wrong level of support you give, but that's up to them.

To conclude, I would leave it at that and would not write more, but your intention to be as good of the film forced me to. It was better to just say if I gave you a bad apology support, I'll try to help resolve any questions you may have.

Check these emails...
Hi,

I bought XenPorta 2 today,

but I can't use it, I need the instructions about "How to use XenPorta 2"

Thanks
Code:
https://xenforo.com/community/resources/8wayrun-com-xenporta-2-portal-pro.3894/field?field=faq
Hi,

UPDATES
I have a question about the updates of XenPorta 2:

The updates are included in the $40 dollars or if I want to update my version 1.07 to 1.08 or higher I need to purchase XenPorta for every new version.

I need to know all about the updates.

Thanks
Code:
Updates are included.
Code:
They get emailed to you automatically.

Sure, I give "short" answers... but I've given you all the answers you've asked.

Hey Jaxel;
I am working with Google's new responsive adsense, and I don't like how one of the templates looks on my article page. How would I block the ad_above_top_breadcrumb template from showing up on this page (and this page alone)?

Hey Jaxel;
I am working with Google's new responsive adsense, and I don't like how one of the templates looks on my article page. How would I block the ad_above_top_breadcrumb template from showing up on this page (and this page alone)?
Couldn't you put a conditional in your template to make it not show on the portal?

Couldn't you put a conditional in your template to make it not show on the portal?

Thanks! That's all I needed. I am new to xenForo so I'm still getting oriented.

[EDIT]For anyone who cares, here's the conditional:

Code:
<xen:if is="{$contentTemplate} != 'EWRporta2_ArticleList'">
YOUR ADSENSE TEMPLATE CONTENT HERE
</xen:if>

Just wrap that around your adsense template content in xenForo and it will not show up on your articles page.[/EDIT]

Last edited:
Hello!

Thanks for this wonderful piece of software @Jaxel :) It works great and it looks great. I even managed to build my first widget.

I've got one problem though. I use Last Post Avatar by Waindigo to make the last posters avatar show up in the right side wherever threads are listed. The XenPorta2 PRO thread listings also gets an avatar listed beside the last poster's name but it's not the poster's avatar, it's the default XenForo avatar showing up. I believe it wouldn't be vey difficult for someone skilled to pinpoint the cause and add the missing info. I've spent a few hours today but I failed to solve it. Any chanse that You can help me out? Thanks! :)

Top Bottom