[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) PRO

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) PRO [Paid] 1.2.2b

No permission to buy ($40.00)
Hey, I was off for a loong time but now I'm back. So, as you know, I'm using the auto-promote feature and for now, everything I wanted with XP2 is there so I can't be more happy than that.

I still have a problem which is not a serious one but I'm sure you can do something about it. The design of my block is simple and the description of the articles is set to have 160 letters. The problem I have is that the description take bbcodes inside it and I don't want all of them in the desc. Is it possible to take 160 letters + bbcodes instead? and don't pay attention to the img bbcode?

Also, I have noticed that the title of the Thread Widget was related to a XenForo phrase. Is it possible to change it to something related to XP2? We could keep the widget's template free from modifications and just translate your new phrase. It would be better imo.
It uses the built in XenForo BBcode Parser. It is what it is. As for the phrase, you are pretty much the only person who would want a different phrase; everyone else would rather it conforms to XenForo. So I wont be changing that.

After playing with this I wanted to say I love this mod. I purchased this mod as well as CTA and I find this to be the best portal/articles mod available. Reminds me a lot of vBadvnaced. I also appreciate the support.
Thanks! If you like it, please give it a 5 star review!
https://xenforo.com/community/resources/8wayrun-com-xenporta-2-portal-pro.3894/reviews

Any ETA on the next update?
I dont give ETAs. The next update wont be anything major anyways.

It uses the built in XenForo BBcode Parser. It is what it is. As for the phrase, you are pretty much the only person who would want a different phrase; everyone else would rather it conforms to XenForo. So I wont be changing that.

Thanks! If you like it, please give it a 5 star review!
https://xenforo.com/community/resources/8wayrun-com-xenporta-2-portal-pro.3894/reviews

I dont give ETAs. The next update wont be anything major anyways.
Can you give any time frame whatsoever? Less then 3mths? The articles not promoting at the correct time is easily the most vexing thing.

Can you give any time frame whatsoever? Less then 3mths? The articles not promoting at the correct time is easily the most vexing thing.
It only happens with articles posted between midnight and 1am... Simply change the time to after 1am or before midnight and you should be fine.

Ok awesome, will do. I didn't see anywhere to specify the size of the article blocks so they can be even. Is that a template edit?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-01-29 at 2.07.42 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2015-01-29 at 2.07.42 PM.webp
    73 KB · Views: 36
Just to know, if I select 2 category in the Articles Widget, what with the widget display? Articles with the 2 categories attached or articles from either one or the other category?

I have 3 questions:

1. Does this add-on change url's to my site if used as a portal? (example: my forum link is "site.com"... does Xenporta instalation change my forum link to "site.com/forum", so that "site.com" would be the portal page?)
2. If i have another portal add-on installed (ex: Extra Portal), can i use both portals with separate buttons?
3. Can i change Home Button (portal button) to anything else?

Thank you!

Ok awesome, will do. I didn't see anywhere to specify the size of the article blocks so they can be even. Is that a template edit?
Code:
.articleItem .excerptContent { height: 200px; overflow: hidden; }
This may cause some quirks with floating though.

Just to know, if I select 2 category in the Articles Widget, what with the widget display? Articles with the 2 categories attached or articles from either one or the other category?
Articles from either category.

@Jaxel you did not answer :( I bought it today, can I install it on 2 forums or do I need 2 licenses?
1 License 1 Forum.

How can I remove the author and settings page from the nav bar? (I would like to disable these pages completely)
You would have to edit the EWRporta2_NavTabs template. Or add some CSS to hide the links.

I have 3 questions:

1. Does this add-on change url's to my site if used as a portal? (example: my forum link is "site.com"... does Xenporta instalation change my forum link to "site.com/forum", so that "site.com" would be the portal page?)
2. If i have another portal add-on installed (ex: Extra Portal), can i use both portals with separate buttons?
3. Can i change Home Button (portal button) to anything else?

Thank you!
1. This addon doesn't change ANY urls. However, you can set it to change URLs by using XenForo's built in index route changer. So for instance, on my forums I do exactly what you mentioned in your example.

2. They probably can; it all depends on the route uniqueness. I used the route "articles" for this portal, instead of "portal", because I know other addons use the portal route already. In addition, I wanted people to be able to install XP2 while still using XP1 during the upgrade process.

3. Yes, its phrased using porta2_home.

Getting closer @Jaxel !

The overflow hidden causes some formatting issues. This is really the only downer for me with this mod is I really want the blocks to be the same sizes. Is there anything that can be done to have a block thats say 400px in height and have it work as if the height was no metered? I have layout OCD :P

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-01-31 at 1.52.35 AM.webp
    Screen Shot 2015-01-31 at 1.52.35 AM.webp
    99.6 KB · Views: 38
I have a little problem: i enabled Masonry layout but the articles are not like demo site...i have only 1 column ( default theme is the same problem)
Please see attached screenshot
Thanks
Antonio

masonry.webp

Top Bottom