[8WR] XenMedio (Media)

[8WR] XenMedio (Media) 1.5.3a

No permission to download
hello,

if i share videos to facebook or google +1, it will not show the preview pictures from the videos. what can i do?

Hi, I've just upgraded my forum to 1.1.3 and at the same time from XenPorta 1.4.2 to latest and XenMedio 1.3.5 to latest. All has gone fine, except I had assumed that the XenMedio add-on had to be uninstalled, in the same way as the XenPorta add-on. Having done this all my Media, Categories, Stats etc. have gone from the site. I backed up the db and all my files and can easily restore the data/media directory which is just .jpg thumbs, but is there a way of recovering only the XenMedio structure and files from the db back-up(?) or another way or have I got to do it all again :( .. bit tricky as site now has new normal posts after upgrade.
Thanks for any advice.
JohnH

All OK Now :-) ... just in case anyone makes the same silly mistake I did. Recovered by fresh back-up of DB > uninstalling latest XenMedio add-on > remove any traces of /library /js and db tables > re-install XenMedio 1.3.5 > restore /media > restore XenMedio tables in DB > upload new XenMedio files > upgrade XenMedio add-on .. done!

Jaxel, the submit YouTube channel is a great feature and I have just used it without a problem so can I make a couple of suggestions:
1. For each video that you are submitting from a channel, have the ability to start a thread in the forums with each one like submitting a standard video...once you submit a channel's videos there doesn't seem to be a way to start a thread for each one even after you have submitted them
2. Make the channel additions available by the rss feed system so when a YouTube channel is updated, the rss feed automatically gets any new ones and adds them into the media library
3. Add a YouTube Browser to XenMedio so a user can browse YouTube from within XenMedio and can add a video into the library at a click of a button...vbTubePro has this incredible feature and it is very much missed on my XF site

Thank you for this brilliant mod, it's very easy to use and is a great feature for our site :)

Is there a possibility that newly added media could some how make it into the forums "what's new" list?

That would be fantastic if it could :)

Just bought the Premium GameTrailers service and it is not working. I'm guessing that the URL has changed? Any fix for this?

Just bought the Premium GameTrailers service and it is not working. I'm guessing that the URL has changed? Any fix for this?
I've just uploaded a new version of the GameTrailers XML... you can download it using the same download link you got in your email. GameTrailers changed their website a few weeks ago and it looks like they changed their embeds with it.

I've just uploaded a new version of the GameTrailers XML... you can download it using the same download link you got in your email. GameTrailers changed their website a few weeks ago and it looks like they changed their embeds with it.

Ok I will thank you Jaxel. Also I think GameSpot has changed their embed as well.

Not sure if this is an xenporta or xenmedio problem but I'll post here,,,

Any ideas why the media block on the XenPorta is not showing the preview images of the videos (youtube videos)? It shows it on the page..

Block View:
rCa4k.png

Media View:
Z4kgX.png

Stupid newb question but how can I change the title in the navbar Media to Videos?

thx!
This question has been asked several times in this thread. Not one answer ...
Can anyone share a definitive answer to ==> How can I change the title in the navbar and breadcrumb please?

Thanks!

J.

count til 30 then i'll post it:P (have to download the addon and check the code:P
This question has been asked several times in this thread. Not one answer ...
Can anyone share a definitive answer to ==> How can I change the title in the navbar and breadcrumb please?

Thanks!

J.

if you want to change ONLY the navbar, you'll need to change file library\EWRmedio\Listener\NavTabs.php

search for
PHP:
'title' => new XenForo_Phrase('media'),
replace it with
PHP:
'title' => 'my new navbar text',

if you want to replace "media" with video

change the phrase media

if you want to change ONLY the navbar, you'll need to change file library\EWRmedio\Listener\NavTabs.php

search for
PHP:
replace it with
PHP:

change the phrase media
Ah!!!!!!GREAT!
Thanks so much - I'd spent a good 45 minutes editing phrases and was at my wits end on how to edit the main navbar text. I wonder if revising as you've advised will also edit the breadcrumb "Media" as well. Suppose I'll find out momentarily.

Anyway = much appreciation to you ragtek ;)

J.

search for
PHP:
replace it with
PHP:

change the phrase media
Why hardcode change it? Since it's a phrase, just search for media in the admin phrases section and change it to the desired tab name.

Top Bottom