XF2 [8WR] XenMedio 2 (Media) PRO

XF2 [8WR] XenMedio 2 (Media) PRO [Paid] 2.1.1.5

No permission to buy ($40.00)
hello,
i was wondering if anyone can tell me how to change the browser tab/header text from inside this addon's main page...

the default text is "Media"....problem is, the phrase is tied into other unrelated things...like the stock media bbcode for some reason, which of course we do not want to change...

tried to even find in template where it called the phrase to hack a simple text in but i failed...

is there a way to do this?

Navigation tabs are not part of the normal XenForo phrasing system. Just edit the tab itself in XenForo's nav manager.
I can't edit the name in the nav manager. Its locked as media. do I need to hide the original and make a new link in the Manager

Is there any way to make tags case insensitive or force tags to be all lowercase?
My users ended up making multiple versions of all their tags by mixing cases lol.

Great plugin BTW. My community loves it.

Last edited:
I've been subject to an audit on the usage of the YouTube API, and have been asked the specific question of:

Kindly confirm whether you are storing YouTube data for more than 30 days. Regarding data storage, we only allow the API Clients to store the public data temporarily, but not more than 30 days and the stored data must either be refreshed or deleted after 30 days.

@Jaxel as the developer of this and the Rio add-on, how would you respond to this? Is storing a bunch of YouTube videos and associated metadata in the Medio library in breach of the 30 day storage requirement? If so, would a work-around be to have a cronjob automatically refresh (as taxing as that might be) all the stored YouTube data on a monthly basis?

Doesn't Medio store YouTube titles, URLs, descriptions and thumbnails? Isn't all of this considered public data?
That's not what they mean by YouTube data. They mean metadata. I went through my own review last month.

That's a fairly ambiguous question from Google in that case, because it just refers to "public data" but you suggest they mean metadata. What's an example of this metadata?

Yes, the yearly API review is horrid.

Metadata are things like view counts, publish dates, etc. We technically store no data except the ID of the video. We populate form fields with existing data from YouTube, such as titles, descriptions and lengths, and it can be changed freely at submission time.

Adding this line to our privacy policy was all we needed to do:
We use the YouTube API to populate data from submitted user videos. Videos embedded from the YouTube API serve up third party content and may include advertisements from that content. We do not collect any user data from any connections made to the YouTube API.

@Jaxel how is it possible to change the link for a media item? sometimes a link needs to be changed ive noticed for diff reasons.....and we do not want to loose the comments...

i thought at least on admin side should be able to, but i didnt see an option.

regards

What do you mean "link"? You can change the service values directly in the database.
just, say for example a youtube link for a video stops working but still exists on youtube by another url.....so the initial creation "link" changes...

ok so direct edit in db is the only way tho?.....thank you

Never noticed or at least do not see the option; I would like to create albums or folders, say for specific groups or content. How can I do that?

Neither Youtube nor Twitch seem to work right now for some reason. When I try adding a Youtube video I get the error "An error occurred while connecting with YouTube. Please try again later."

for Twitch it simply displays unable to connect to twitch even after adding client id and secret key to the service.

@Jaxel

When I want to add keywords, nothing happens except a loading.
Also, I don't have icons on the block "share this page".

Thanks for your help.

@Jaxel

When I want to add keywords, nothing happens except a loading.
Also, I don't have icons on the block "share this page".

Thanks for your help.

@Jaxel
Found it except for "share this page"

How to send an alert to members when a new media has been posted?
If not, how to add an unread count on the media tab?

1666808870355.webp

Top Bottom