[8WR] XenCarta (Wiki)

[8WR] XenCarta (Wiki) 1.3.9a

No permission to download
I see that the first post in the discussion topic is using the [wiki=full]title[/wiki] functionality "for embedding a cached ver." I would suggest that this is changed to just [wiki]title[/wiki] "for a link". Or, of even great benefit here and throughout the wiki, add the functionality of [wiki=partial]title[/wiki] with the xx characters value for partial being defined in Wiki admin options.
Options are good.
I'd probably like the whole thing (full wiki entry) inserted :)

Kankan just informed me of an error in one of the templates: EWRcarta_PageEdit:

Find:
Code:
<option value="html" {xen:selected "{$page.page_type} == 'bbcode'"}>{xen:phrase html}</option>

Replace with:
Code:
<option value="html" {xen:selected "{$page.page_type} == 'html'"}>{xen:phrase html}</option>

If you don't do this, everytime an ADMIN edits a wiki page, it will change the page type to HTML if they aren't paying attention. This really isn't much of an issue except for the fact that HTML pages are automatically locked.

I will include the fix built in, in the next release.

I am getting this error:
This page has been modified by another user since you initially opened it. Your changes have not been saved. Please reload the page and try again
I have seen in previous post that some others were experiencing this issue. Did anyone figure it out? I have repaired all relevant tables (i think) & I have updated to the latest version. Still not working.. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks, -Bill

I'd like to report a bug:

If you create a page with:

Code:
[h2]Title[/h2]

[h3]Sub-Title[/h3]

Some text here.

[h2]Title[/h2]

[h3]Sub-Title[/h3]

Some text here.

The page won't render correctly as seen in the screenshot.
wiki-page-bug.webp

It appears that some text must appear after the H2 tag, and before the H3 tag, in order for the page to render properly:

Code:
[h2]Title[/h2]

Some text here.

[h3]Sub-Title[/h3]

Some text here.

[h2]Title[/h2]

Some text here.

[h3]Sub-Title[/h3]

Some text here.

Produces:

wiki-page-work-around.webp

I am getting this error:

I have seen in previous post that some others were experiencing this issue. Did anyone figure it out? I have repaired all relevant tables (i think) & I have updated to the latest version. Still not working.. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks, -Bill

This conditional in ControllerPublic -> Wiki.php appears to throw the error phrase:

Code:
if ($page['page_date'] > $input['timestamp']

Is there any issue with changing it to the following?

Code:
if ($page['page_date'] > XenForo_Application::$time)

Seems like that resolves the issue, but I'm not sure if it might cause other problems.

I'm not sure if it might cause other problems.
It does... it completely breaks the timestamp checking.

The way the system works, when you bring up the edit form for a page, it adds a timestamp to the form. When you click save on the page, it compares the timestamp with the last edit date of the page. If the last edit date of the page is greater than the timestamp, that means someone else has edited the page since you first opened the form... so it returns the error; as designed.

It does... it completely breaks the timestamp checking.

The way the system works, when you bring up the edit form for a page, it adds a timestamp to the form. When you click save on the page, it compares the timestamp with the last edit date of the page. If the last edit date of the page is greater than the timestamp, that means someone else has edited the page since you first opened the form... so it returns the error; as designed.

I was afraid it might screw things up :p

So the same problem still exists. No user can currently edit wiki pages because it always throws this error - despite there being no other users attempting an edit (we've tried this on our dev site so we can be confident that is the case). Any idea why edits don't seem to be possible in our install?

Thanks.

Look at the table `EWRcarta_pages` for the page you are trying to edit and find the value for `page_date`.

Then when you are editing a page, bring up your inspector and find the form value for "timestamp". Tell me what they are.

Look at the table `EWRcarta_pages` for the page you are trying to edit and find the value for `page_date`.

Then when you are editing a page, bring up your inspector and find the form value for "timestamp". Tell me what they are.

Jaxel you are 'The Man' :)

In doing what you suggested I discovered we had edited our EWRcarta_PageEdit template and were still using the older customized version, rather than the newer 1.3.8 version - and as a result we weren't passing a timestamp variable at all.

Thanks for helping us figure this out.

Decided to test the watched pages. In the e-mail notification it says at the bottom: "You may also review all your watched pages." and it links to http://mysite.com/watched/wiki/all - however upon going to this URL I get "The controller XenForo_ControllerPublic_Watched does not define an action called WikiAll." - Is this just something leftover because you used the watched threads e-mail template as a base? In relation to this... is there anywhere where one can view the pages they're currently watching? Is there a watch all option? Just curious.

Everything else appears to be working well thus far. Noticed that locked ordeal but saw the fix above. Thanks for the update!

I think I found a bug to do with uploading files on new pages.

If I click on a link to a wiki page (foo) that does not exist, I'm presented with the standard:

The requested page could not be found.

Search Wiki: foo
Search Everything: foo

[ Create New Page Button]

Then if click on the "Create New Page" button and try to upload file(s) to the new page, an error always occurs. The work-around is to first save the page, then edit it again and upload files.

If I create a new page via a different route (i.e. via the Wiki > Create New Page menu), I can upload files without error before the page is saved.

Request: To be able to sort the display order of pages as they appear in the Navigation side block. In my wiki, I have a number of sections (child pages) that follow a particular order, but in the nav block that order is lost since it sorts alphabetically.

Kind of like how the Wiki Index rating works, but for the Navigation block.

I think I found a bug to do with uploading files on new pages.

If I click on a link to a wiki page (foo) that does not exist, I'm presented with the standard:

The requested page could not be found.

Search Wiki: foo
Search Everything: foo

[ Create New Page Button]

Then if click on the "Create New Page" button and try to upload file(s) to the new page, an error always occurs. The work-around is to first save the page, then edit it again and upload files.

If I create a new page via a different route (i.e. via the Wiki > Create New Page menu), I can upload files without error before the page is saved.
I can confirm this error, and it is fixed for the next version.

Request: To be able to sort the display order of pages as they appear in the Navigation side block. In my wiki, I have a number of sections (child pages) that follow a particular order, but in the nav block that order is lost since it sorts alphabetically.

Kind of like how the Wiki Index rating works, but for the Navigation block.
You can always add #s to the titles...

You can always add #s to the titles...
True, but this is not ideal. If you're going to have a wiki nodes with hierarchy, then an option to order the children would be great.

While I'm at it, assigning permissions based on wiki nodes would be fantastic too. Right now, it's an edit-all-or-nothing affair, with the exception of any protected pages.

True, but this is not ideal. If you're going to have a wiki nodes with hierarchy, then an option to order the children would be great.
Is your wiki need very hierachial ?
A pure wiki doesn't have hierarchy, but I find most people want some hierarchy and others want relatively rigid hierarchy.

Assigning permissions based on wiki nodes would be fantastic too. Right now, it's an edit-all-or-nothing affair, with the exception of any protected pages.
I've thought alot about what would be the "optimal" permissions for a wiki. Currently the only permission is "can edit wiki" yes/no.
Each wiki article probably needs an owner (or steward) whom agrees to keep the article up to date. Others might be able to edit the article, but encouraging members to take ownership of their articles is important.

Certainly being able to watch and like articles would be useful.

Is your wiki need very hierachial ?
A pure wiki doesn't have hierarchy, but I find most people want some hierarchy and others want relatively rigid hierarchy.
I wouldn't say my need to control hierarchy in navigation is that great, but I think it could be useful to have as an option. To give you an example, I recently wrote a guide that contains around 10 sections, and the order of the sections is somewhat important. The index can be seen here:

http://virtuafighter.com/wiki/

and it has links to all the sections, in a particular order.

However, when you go to the first section:

http://virtuafighter.com/wiki/controls/

You'll notice that in the "Wiki Navigation" block, it appears second in the navigation list due to the alphabetic sorting. If one continues to navigate down this list, they could potentially "miss" a section. Ideally, I would like the order of the pages to controllable in this block, just as they are for the Wiki Index. But I understand that this is a "nice-to-have" feature.

I've thought alot about what would be the "optimal" permissions for a wiki. Currently the only permission is "can edit wiki" yes/no.
Each wiki article probably needs an owner (or steward) whom agrees to keep the article up to date. Others might be able to edit the article, but encouraging members to take ownership of their articles is important.
Agreed in principle. I'm not sure if Jaxel has plans to implement something like this. I envisaged an implementation similar to the xenforo nodes and permissions system. But to have a wiki be a community driven resource, I think some level of permission control more than all-or-nothing is needed.

Certainly being able to watch and like articles would be useful.
That's already possible. Aren't you using the latest version?

Seem to be having an issue with the thread tabs. They look perfect on page #1 of a thread, but the css doesn't seem to be applying correctly on page #2. Anyone else noticed this?

Top Bottom