[8WR] XenCarta (Wiki)

[8WR] XenCarta (Wiki) 1.3.9a

No permission to download
News from my White Page problems.
Seems that my XenCarta does not like the insertion of BBcodes (as far as i know)
Code:
[quote][/quote]
[user][/user]

resulting to a white page display.
Did someone met this issue with Xencarta ?

PS : BBCode Manager setup as addon

Hello,

it doesn't work here: When I click on the wiki-link in the navigation, i will only get an "error 500" Does somebody knows, what this is? It's the same with the events addon.

Is there a guide for EWRCarta that starts right after installation? Not understanding the next step to take, Whenever I click my wiki link on my forum I get

The requested page could not be found.

At the link of: index.php?wiki/

Ok got the wiki all setup nicely, wonderful addon! I use portal with carta and it is a fantastic setup for my forum. My only question now is what template or file do I need to edit to change the Navigation Text from Wiki to whatever I want?

So I'm working on updating the wiki... I'm going to be adding "comments" to pages.
Nice !

Would you guys prefer if I added a content type for commenting wiki pages (like my media library), or simply linking it to a thread, and displaying the thread in a tab?
Well ... I think the wiki could become much more alive if the comments (and ideally the wiki entry itself) show up in What's New.
I think a new content type would make it hard to integrate with What's New ... so I vote for the thread in a Tab. Ideally for me, it wouldn't be in a Tab ... it would be displayed below the Wiki entry.
You could do it how the Resource Manager does it (with a discussion tab as you suggest).

- integration with What's New
- comments
- add in some permissions and the wiki will be great :)

Regarding displaying the wiki entry first .... could it be "automatically" inserted before the discussion thread as a [wiki]talim[/wiki] entry ? (you know what I mean ?)

Nice !

Well ... I think the wiki could become much more alive if the comments (and ideally the wiki entry itself) show up in What's New.
I think a new content type would make it hard to integrate with What's New ... so I vote for the thread in a Tab. Ideally for me, it wouldn't be in a Tab ... it would be displayed below the Wiki entry.
You could do it how the Resource Manager does it (with a discussion tab as you suggest).

- comments

Regarding displaying the wiki entry first .... could it be "automatically" inserted before the discussion thread as a [wiki]talim[/wiki] entry ? (you know what I mean ?)
Well there is an "alert" system coming (like I recently did with the media library). So people can "watch" a wiki page, and get notified when someone posts a comment, or updates the wiki. Wouldn't that solve the What's New issue?

Well there is an "alert" system coming (like I recently did with the media library). So people can "watch" a wiki page, and get notified when someone posts a comment, or updates the wiki. Wouldn't that solve the What's New issue?

Not really.
Example: I am not watching this resource ... I only learned about your plans by seeing it what's new.

Just like Resource discussion is only possible because of the discussion tab ... the wiki items will only have ongoing discussion if they show up in what's new.

Just imagine how dead the resource tab would be here if it were not for the discussion tab.

- comments

I fully support and agree with this. Integrate, not duplicate :)

..... Ideally for me, it wouldn't be in a Tab ... it would be displayed below the Wiki entry.
+1

It'd be nice if we can replicate what xF RM does. It allows people to review the wiki pages and authors or admin to give responses.. while having a different tab for detailed discussion where members can contribute their knowledge on the subject.

Top Bottom