[8WR] XenAtendo (Events)

[8WR] XenAtendo (Events) 1.5.0b

No permission to download
I previously had 2 "event" categories you could choose from in xenatendo... I moved all of the threads to one of the categories and deleted the empty one. It seems to work fine on the user end but when I go into the ACP options I get the following errors:
Code:
An exception occurred: Undefined index: 23 in /home/mike/public_html/library/EWRatendo/Option/ForumChooser2.php on line 21

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in EWRatendo/Option/ForumChooser2.php at line 21
EWRatendo_Option_ForumChooser2::renderOption()
call_user_func() in XenForo/ViewAdmin/Helper/Option.php at line 327
XenForo_ViewAdmin_Helper_Option::_renderCallbackOptionHtml() in XenForo/ViewAdmin/Helper/Option.php at line 71
XenForo_ViewAdmin_Helper_Option::renderPreparedOptionHtml() in XenForo/ViewAdmin/Helper/Option.php at line 33
XenForo_ViewAdmin_Helper_Option::renderPreparedOptionsHtml() in XenForo/ViewAdmin/Option/ListOptions.php at line 30
XenForo_ViewAdmin_Option_ListOptions->renderHtml() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php at line 215
XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlAdmin.php at line 63
XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlAdmin->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 533
XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 156
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/mike/public_html/admin.php at line 13

Do I need to reinstall xenatendo? Will it keep all of my events if I reinstall it?
Still have this issue.

Can the events be created based on usergroups, too? For example, if a user belongs to usergroup A and B, then in addition to the events everyone can create/see, he/she can create/edit/see the events that are only accessible to members within usergroup A and B?

I enabled the UpcomingEvents module on Xenporta, but none of my events are populating. What am i doing wrong?

Jaxel updated [8wayRun.Com] XenAtendo (Events) with a new update entry:

Version 1.4.9 CHANGELOG

• Cleaned up the "Location Information URL" option. The reason for this is to make it easier to change the option to suit other services than googlemaps. One user in particular wanted to use this feature to display a Minecraft Map instead; now you can with far less errors.
  • Added an option to disable the inclusion of extended venue information: address, city, state and zip. Some people just don't have a need for this since all of their events are online. Keep in mind events that dont...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Wish for the future! :)
Not enough an alternative point of guidance meetings in GPS-coordinates. For example, the right to put a dot on the map and the description of the event appear coordinates, or vice versa, you register the position and there is a mark on the map.

Can you add an option to allow for a custom image to be used instead of an avatar? Preferably allow an admin to define a list of images in the ACP which can be selected from while making an event.

Could we see a separate field to set an end date? Setting it by the number of hours is painful to calculate exactly the number of hours from start to finish. Setting it the exact same way as setting the start date.

Also possible bug? The last day of an event isn't showing up on the calendar.

Could we see a separate field to set an end date? Setting it by the number of hours is painful to calculate exactly the number of hours from start to finish. Setting it the exact same way as setting the start date.

Also possible bug? The last day of an event isn't showing up on the calendar.

I would love to have an end date as well. I think it would make it much easier for members as well.

One question I have is about threads. If a member creates an event and doesn't click the button to create a thread, why can't that option be done when I go in to edit it?

James

I think I've come across a bug, or at least a problem. If you create an event linked to a thread and then merge that thread with another, then there is no way of removing the event itself (which remains, because the thread ws not deleted) because any attempt to edit it throws a 'thread not found' error.

EDIT: Nevermind, it appears to have been solved in 1.4.9

Hello, I have searched this thread and everywhere and I cannot find an answer to my problem. I installed this with no problem on my board and I posted a event with no problem, but when I view the event I see the first screen shot. How do I "approve" the event and why should I have to since I have already set it up to allow automatic approval or at least that is what I thought I was doing. My admin perms are in the second screen shot. eventscreen.webpscreen2.webp

Hello, I have searched this thread and everywhere and I cannot find an answer to my problem. I installed this with no problem on my board and I posted a event with no problem, but when I view the event I see the first screen shot. How do I "approve" the event and why should I have to since I have already set it up to allow automatic approval or at least that is what I thought I was doing. My admin perms are in the second screen shot. View attachment 40651View attachment 40652
You are REVOKING permissions from the registered users aren't you? I suggest you check some of the other help forums on how to properly set permissions.

Can you add an option to allow for a custom image to be used instead of an avatar? Preferably allow an admin to define a list of images in the ACP which can be selected from while making an event.
He didn't add an option to do this, but it can be EASILY accomplished just by editing 2 templates, as follows:

Template -> EWRatendo_Bit (7th line down from the top)
Template -> EWRatendo_Bit_Weekly (6th line down form the top)

Code:
<xen:comment><span class="img s" style="background-image: url('{xen:helper avatar, $event, s}');"></span></xen:comment>
<span class="img s" style="background-image: url('/forum/styles/8wayrun/event_icon.jpg');"></span>

I copied a nice jpg image I found at ( http://nearbythis.com/images/event_icon.jpg ) and uploaded into the 8wayrun styles folder so it loads from my server, not theirs!

I have a suggestion --- Would it be possible to have "Sunday" come first on the Monthly View (ie: SMTWTFS instead of default MTWTFSS)?

I know the simple change would be to modify the EWRatendo_Monthly template:

Code:
div -> sectionMain -> table -> monthBlock

move: <td class="subHeading weekday">{xen:phrase day_sunday}</td>
above: monday

But I doubt that would work with how the actual days are coded, and within EWRatendo_Monthly_Bit, you have some xenCode as:

Code:
{xen:if '{$date.weekday} >= 6', 'weekends'}

change to? {date.weekday} == 1 || {date.weekday} == 7

Which would also need to be modified, and not sure if I'm missing other areas too.

He didn't add an option to do this, but it can be EASILY accomplished just by editing 2 templates, as follows:

Template -> EWRatendo_Bit (7th line down from the top)
Template -> EWRatendo_Bit_Weekly (6th line down form the top)

Code:
<xen:comment><span class="img s" style="background-image: url('{xen:helper avatar, $event, s}');"></span></xen:comment>
<span class="img s" style="background-image: url('/forum/styles/8wayrun/event_icon.jpg');"></span>

I copied a nice jpg image I found at ( http://nearbythis.com/images/event_icon.jpg ) and uploaded into the 8wayrun styles folder so it loads from my server, not theirs!
Thanks although that wouldn't really help as I want the image to selectable by the user, rather than a static custom image.

You are REVOKING permissions from the registered users aren't you? I suggest you check some of the other help forums on how to properly set permissions.

No why would I do that? I want users to post their events that is the whole point of having it installed. Otherwise its useless to have on the site! Revoking permissions is no where in site for the usergroups.

Regular members perms:

screen1.webp

Mods Perms:

mods.webp

VIP Members Perms:

vipmembers.webp

Admins Perms:

admin.webp

The only place I've ever seen revoking perms is in the forum nodes themselves, I don't see what that would have to do with me being able to SEE the admin stuff for the events while logged in AS an administrator to the board.

Incidentally I have other hacks that you have done installed and they are working just fine with the permissions set, so why is it that this one does not? I have the portal, events, wiki (which again I'm having the same issue where I see no admin options), media & tools. All the others work fine except events & the wiki.

I have a questions that may or may not effect this. Do I have to use a forum area that I do not want member posting actual threads in or something? I have this set in a forum area that I also would like members to post threads in like they would normally.

Top Bottom