[8WR] XenAtendo (Events)

[8WR] XenAtendo (Events) 1.5.0b

No permission to download
just a question about recurring events. i've installed this addon and then posted an event to occurr every fri/sat. however if you RSVP to one of the events it shows the date/time of the parent event it recurred from and the RSVP applied to ALL the recurring events..

is this correct?

Hi Jaxel, I upgraded from 1.4.4 to latest version 1.4.8b and now I'm getting the following error on "Monthly View" page

Put your forum in debug mode, go to /admin.php?add-ons/EWRatendo/edit, set version ID to 0... then upgrade addon again.

Hi Jaxel,

Two problems - One big and one small

Big problem:
(Copy and paste from one of my Moderators that manages events - we are all fairly new to them)

Note that only SOME of the events are showing, for some reason. We are wondering why this is so. Here is a link to my Events section, if that helps. http://www.hackslashrepeat.com/events/

Small problem:
(Copied from a poster in the first page of this thread)

I tried this but it only seems to hide the field, unfortunately when I go to create the event, it still actually wants me to enter the Venue, City/State, Postcode etc.

How do you remove the requirement for these?

In my case I want to remove Venue, City/State, Postcode and Address (as the event is online-only), and retain the Stream URL field.
Jaxel could I get a hand with the above? :)

View attachment 39461

This is new... one of our members mentioned this bug in the system that has the event multiple times. :(
It looks like the event is marked to repeat every 1 week... thats not a bug. You and I both know FR16 doesn't repeat every week; just go into the event and fix it.

Also... are you gonna be at FR16? I dont know if I'm going this year...

It looks like the event is marked to repeat every 1 week... thats not a bug. You and I both know FR16 doesn't repeat every week; just go into the event and fix it.

Also... are you gonna be at FR16? I dont know if I'm going this year...
Oh, in that case thanks... I'll edit the event then.

Also, I'm likely not going. The only event I plan to go to that's far away is EVO this year. I'm not ever going to be able to make it to WB this year either due to a family wedding on that Saturday.

Thanks again!

Also, I saw your profile post about Xenforo Gold? What will that have?

Is there a way to create event categories and be able to filter events on the calendar? This would be useful when you have many events listed and people want to drill down to just the type they want to see. Is there any way to do this? Or is this feature coming? I think it would add a lot of value to the addon.

Is there a way to create event categories and be able to filter events on the calendar? This would be useful when you have many events listed and people want to drill down to just the type they want to see. Is there any way to do this? Or is this feature coming? I think it would add a lot of value to the addon.
Exact same problem here :)

/signed

Can we convert pre-existing threads (standard discussion topic that existed prior to XenAtendo) that is in a XenAtendo applicable forum into a XenAtendo event?

You can use prefixes, but currently it looks like prefixes are only supported on event edit, not create. Set up prefixes for where your event threads go, then edit your events and you can do it. It's still not exactly well-implemented yet, the only way to organize by prefix is in the threads board itself (I don't think any of the views work). It looks like Jaxel is slowly adding to the prefix functionality, so I'd expect we'll have something elegant sooner than later.

My biggest issue is still the "Upcoming Events" view not showing events that start at the same time :(

Hello, I'm having the issue that I have two forums set up to have Events in them.

It's
Official Events
- Donator Events

However only the "Create New Event" button appears in Donator Events.

What might be wrong?

Just updated to 1.4.8b (download just says 1.4.8 so I presume it is b) and getting this error when trying to access the Options in the Admin Panel:
Code:
An exception occurred: Undefined index: 162 in /home/xxx/public_html/library/EWRatendo/Option/ForumChooser2.php on line 21

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in EWRatendo/Option/ForumChooser2.php at line 21
    EWRatendo_Option_ForumChooser2::renderOption()
    call_user_func() in XenForo/ViewAdmin/Helper/Option.php at line 327
    XenForo_ViewAdmin_Helper_Option::_renderCallbackOptionHtml() in XenForo/ViewAdmin/Helper/Option.php at line 71
    XenForo_ViewAdmin_Helper_Option::renderPreparedOptionHtml() in XenForo/ViewAdmin/Helper/Option.php at line 33
    XenForo_ViewAdmin_Helper_Option::renderPreparedOptionsHtml() in XenForo/ViewAdmin/Option/ListOptions.php at line 30
    XenForo_ViewAdmin_Option_ListOptions->renderHtml() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php at line 215
    XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlAdmin.php at line 63
    XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlAdmin->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 533
    XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 156
    XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/xxx/public_html/admin.php at line 13

1. How do I set it up so forum list the event in descending order? By 1/1/13, 1/2/13, 1/3/13 , 1/4/13, 1/5/13, 1/6/13, etc and not 1/1/13, 1/11/13, 1/15/13, 1/2/13, 1/22/13, 1/25/13, 1/30/13???

2. What are my options in displaying my events on XenPorta? Can i list them? Show calendar? Show next events in 10 days?

Regarding my issue on post #276 above, I exported the data out of the tables, uninstalled EWRatendo, installed it again and I can now access the Options panel. However I can't import the old data to the new tables as the fields are different even though I did an upgrade to previous install and it was working ok except for the no access to the Options panel.

My assumption is that the upgrade which was from v1.4.6 to v1.4.8b didn't upgrade properly which could mean that the upgrade script in v1.4.8b might have a bug in it...disclaimer, I also previously had Waindango XenAtendoMore installed BUT I did uninstall that prior to upgrading just in case it was going to cause any issues.

Can you offer any comments Jaxel?

Hello, I'm having the issue that I have two forums set up to have Events in them.

It's
Official Events
- Donator Events

However only the "Create New Event" button appears in Donator Events.

What might be wrong?
I reported the same issue in post #245, or at least is sounds like the same issue. If an event forum has a sub-forum, the "Create New Event" button won't be displayed in that event forum.

I reported the same issue in post #245, or at least is sounds like the same issue. If an event forum has a sub-forum, the "Create New Event" button won't be displayed in that event forum.
I found that if I hit the event, it does actually allow me to choose the parent forum.

Top Bottom