[8WR] XenAtendo (Events)

[8WR] XenAtendo (Events) 1.5.0b

No permission to download
I can't find the exact spot to make that change.

James
Go to Templates, search for "EWRatendo_EventsCreate".
Right here is the code to make invisible:
Code:
<xen:if hascontent="true">
<li><label for="ctrl_thread"><input type="checkbox" name="create_thread" value="1" id="ctrl_thread" {xen:if '{$input.event_rsvp}', 'checked'} /> {xen:phrase create_event_thread}:</label>
<ul id="ctrl_thread_Disabler">
<li>
<select name="event_node" class="textCtrl autoSize">
<xen:contentcheck>
<xen:foreach loop="$forums" value="$forum">
<option value="{$forum.node_id}" {xen:selected "{$selected} == {$forum.node_id}"}>{$forum.title}</option>
</xen:foreach>
</xen:contentcheck>
</select>
</li>
</ul>
</li>
</xen:if>

Go to Templates, search for "EWRatendo_EventsCreate".
Right here is the code to make invisible:
Code:
<xen:if hascontent="true">
<li><label for="ctrl_thread"><input type="checkbox" name="create_thread" value="1" id="ctrl_thread" {xen:if '{$input.event_rsvp}', 'checked'} /> {xen:phrase create_event_thread}:</label>
<ul id="ctrl_thread_Disabler">
<li>
<select name="event_node" class="textCtrl autoSize">
<xen:contentcheck>
<xen:foreach loop="$forums" value="$forum">
<option value="{$forum.node_id}" {xen:selected "{$selected} == {$forum.node_id}"}>{$forum.title}</option>
</xen:foreach>
</xen:contentcheck>
</select>
</li>
</ul>
</li>
</xen:if>

Thanks. So this will make it invisible and pre selected?

James

Thanks. So this will make it invisible and pre selected?

James
You're still gonna need to adjust it -- I haven't tested this, but I think I believe this should work.

Change this line:
Code:

to:
Code:
<li style="display:none;"><label for="ctrl_thread"><input type="checkbox" name="create_thread" value="1" id="ctrl_thread" {xen:if '{$input.event_rsvp}', 'checked'} /> {xen:phrase create_event_thread}:</label>

All we're doing here is telling it to not show up, so the user won't see that there's an option to uncheck. Obviously there's much more elegant solutions, but I've done similar things on my own site when it would lead to the same end result.

You're still gonna need to adjust it -- I haven't tested this, but I think I believe this should work.

Change this line:
Code:

to:
Code:
<li style="display:none;"><label for="ctrl_thread"><input type="checkbox" name="create_thread" value="1" id="ctrl_thread" {xen:if '{$input.event_rsvp}', 'checked'} /> {xen:phrase create_event_thread}:</label>

All we're doing here is telling it to not show up, so the user won't see that there's an option to uncheck. Obviously there's much more elegant solutions, but I've done similar things on my own site when it would lead to the same end result.

Thanks. I did a test and it created a thread for it. Some would forget to click the box or wouldn't notice it so this solves that problem.

James

I've made a post about it before, but there's several features that would really help my site's implementation of XenAtendo. If there's other people who could also benefit from new features, let Jaxel know -- maybe we can pool together some money to get it done!

Here's what I've got:
1) alerts to the host and RSVPs -- before and after events.
2) a list of the events that you have RSVPd to (including archive?)
3) send an alert if somebody you follow makes an event

Is there a way to put the date in the EventsUpcoming block? I see in Template EWRatendo_Bit is where it is, but there doesn't seem to be an $event.??? for it.

After trying everything I can with this hack and getting little to no response I have uninstalled it for my site. Too bad its so buggy and does not work as it should. It could be helpful to use on a site like mine.

- Timezone: (UTC) Dublin, Edinburgh, Lisbon, London (default) -> (UTC+07:00) Bangkok, Hanoi, Jakarta (default)
- Delete: End Time (EventsCreate)

Thanks

After trying everything I can with this hack and getting little to no response I have uninstalled it for my site. Too bad its so buggy and does not work as it should. It could be helpful to use on a site like mine.
I believe what Jaxel was saying was that you were using the "Revoke" option. Basically, when doing permissions, "Revoke" means that ALL levels that follow (I think) are unable to use the option. So what you want to do is almost never use "Revoke" -- I personally never use it on my own site's permissions -- and rely instead on the default option. Since the default is set to "No", that means you can explicitly allow certain behavior at each level of usergroup permissions (such as "bypass moderation" or "post event").

Here's how I've got my site set up:
Unregistered: all [not set]

Registered Member:
can post events: [allow]
bypass moderation: [allow]
can RSVP for events: [allow]
can moderate events: [not set]
can administrate events: [not set]

Staff: all [allow]

Can't say I've had any problems with it, and it's really low on bugs, and it works exactly as it should. Maybe you are doing something incorrectly?

I've found that if XenAtendo is pointed towards a forum that has a subforum within it as the event forum, the 'Post NewEevent' button does not appear in the breadcrumb. (i.e. it appears in the breadcrumb for leaf-nodes only).

Is there any fix for this?

I've found that if XenAtendo is pointed towards a forum that has a subforum within it as the event forum, the 'Post NewEevent' button does not appear in the breadcrumb. (i.e. it appears in the breadcrumb for leaf-nodes only).

Is there any fix for this?
From the changelog:
KNOWN BUG: There is a known bug where if an event forum has a subforum, its create event topctrl will disappear. This is due to XenForo's inherit design in that XenForo will kill all topctrls on forum_view when the forum has children in order to move the topctrl down below the children.

Currently there is no XenForo hooks in place to get around this issue so I will not be fixing it as I would prefer not to require users to edit templates to use my mods. You can get around this issue for now by enabling "override top control" for that specific forum.

From the changelog:
KNOWN BUG: There is a known bug where if an event forum has a subforum, its create event topctrl will disappear. This is due to XenForo's inherit design in that XenForo will kill all topctrls on forum_view when the forum has children in order to move the topctrl down below the children.

Currently there is no XenForo hooks in place to get around this issue so I will not be fixing it as I would prefer not to require users to edit templates to use my mods. You can get around this issue for now by enabling "override top control" for that specific forum.
Thanks. Must have missed that.

Locale: Forum's in Russian, locale set according to language file, displays correctly everywhere on the forum, except XenAttendo (Events calendar and threads on forum created by it). Any solution for this? I don't know where to look anymore :(

Is there a way to put the date in the EventsUpcoming block? I see in Template EWRatendo_Bit is where it is, but there doesn't seem to be an $event.??? for it.
D'oh found it, was staring me right in the face: {$event.formatted_strtime}

Top Bottom