• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've noticed that BBcode images don't show up in the recent news topics in the portal, do I need to do anything for this? I don't upload and attach it to the post its just in the img bbcode. Is there a work-around to get it to show on the portal topics to? It looks really weird having the image on the actual thread but not on the portal (i.e in the preview).

The character limit for my preview of the recent news is 1000

To upgrade you just overwrite all files right and then run the upgrade via admin on the xml file? Anything else? No instructions on first page for upgrade, this really does need an FAQ.

As i just updated and my news looks funny:
http://www.gamingonlinux.com/

I reverted the template to do it again, but it seems my avatars have moved to the right...? And there is a funny image to the left? (Seems the funny image is supposed to be the date which now shows up and I quite like it - odd that it took a while to show up).

The share buttons have dissapeared too? How can i bring them back? :( (also now showing up, wander why it took so long :S)

Thread Promotion - can someone explain this to me? It shows the promote thread button on items already in the news forum but no where else - doesn't that make it pointless?

I've noticed that BBcode images don't show up in the recent news topics in the portal, do I need to do anything for this? I don't upload and attach it to the post its just in the img bbcode. Is there a work-around to get it to show on the portal topics to? It looks really weird having the image on the actual thread but not on the portal (i.e in the preview).

The character limit for my preview of the recent news is 1000
See http://xenforo.com/community/threads/8wayrun-com-xenporta-module-add-ons.7611/page-27#post-243309 and the following two posts.

Salud2

fir this step could you give me a copy paste of your breadcrumb template so i can see what you mean?

I dont understand it.

Thanks!
At very very top, put:
Code:
<xen:if is="{$contentTemplate} != 'EWRporta_Portal'">
And at very very bottom, put
Code:
</xen:if>
The rest of the template is the same as you have.

Salud2

At very very top, put:
Code:
<xen:if is="{$contentTemplate} != 'EWRporta_Portal'">
And at very very bottom, put
Code:
</xen:if>
The rest of the template is the same as you have.

Salud2
You really gotta stop telling people to edit default templates.

but this method slaps the "XenPorta © Jason Axelrod from 8WayRun.Com" right in the middle of the page and it stays there. =/ i dont mind having it on the page, just not right in the middle

Hmmm doesn't appear to do that on my site - have you populated the modules with content? I think it does that if your modules are all empty, I'm sure someone will jump in if that's wrong :)

Regards,
Renada

Hmmm doesn't appear to do that on my site - have you populated the modules with content? I think it does that if your modules are all empty, I'm sure someone will jump in if that's wrong :)

Regards,
Renada
my site is active and populated with content, so i dunno. it seems to be stuck to the botom of the recent news block.

my site is active and populated with content, so i dunno. it seems to be stuck to the botom of the recent news block.

Ahh I remember Jaxel posting something about that somewhere in this thread but I couldn't tell you where. I put my recent news block in the bottom slot which solves this problem :)

Sorry to repost, but was just wondering if anyone could help with this problem!

Im using the built in events module, but for some reason its not displaying correctly. Ive got it set to show next 7 days worth of events.

Ive added a screenshot if that helps at all!

I am having problems with the promote button.

If the current time on my server is 1 day behind the UTC day, my promoted thread does not show up in the recent news.

I always have to subtract 1 from the UTC day if this happens to get my thread to show up.

How can I fix this?

I am having problems with the promote button.

If the current time on my server is 1 day behind the UTC day, my promoted thread does not show up in the recent news.

I always have to subtract 1 from the UTC day if this happens to get my thread to show up.

How can I fix this?
The next version uses the current user's time zone... however, I'm not uploading anything till XenForo 1.1 comes out.

Hey guys, I would like to exclude a specific forum from the recent threads block of XenPortal.

Is there any way to do that ? Thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom