• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Home -> Administrate modules -> click in Recent News module name -> Change module settings.

I did not understand before

Salud2

EDIT: It's not possible (or do not know how to do). Sorry

It's not possible (or do not know how to do). Sorry.
Not trim titles (or so I think)

Salud2
Everything is possible... CSS is your friend. But I'm not going to teach people who to use CSS...

You keep giving people edits with template edits... which is absolutely the last thing you should do.

Everything is possible... CSS is your friend. But I'm not going to teach people who to use CSS...

You keep giving people edits with template edits... which is absolutely the last thing you should do.
Then hope that in the next update, we can change the size & font of news name :)

It's kind of off topic from this trade perspective.

But I dont know how to do. If I try to do, I will made my forum crash :(

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/links-to-html5-css3.3782/

Edit EWRporta_Block_RecentNews.css

Find:

.recentNews .subHeading a { color: @subHeading.color;}

Replace with:
Code:
.recentNews .subHeading a { color: @subHeading.color; font-size: 15px;}

The font-size: 15px; is the font size you are interesting for. Change the number 15 to what you want.

Add under:

Code:
.recentNews .subHeading .OverlayTrigger  { color: @subHeading.color; font-size: 11px; }
.recentNews .subHeading .DateTime  { color: @subHeading.color; font-size: 11px; }

Please do not go offtopic in a posting.

I want to remind people that XenPorta is now a FRAMEWORK...

You don't even have to use the portal! If you want to use XenPorta simply as a sidebar widget framework you can!

So i am runnig THREE Frameworks now..... yours, ragteks and xfrocks..... Will that not become problematic?
Why don´t you guys put your Heads together and realize just one Framework where everybody else can work with instead of blowing xenforo with so many addons.....

It's kind of off topic from this trade perspective.

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/links-to-html5-css3.3782/

Edit EWRporta_Block_RecentNews.css

Find:
.recentNews .subHeading a { color: @subHeading.color;}

Replace with:
Code:
.recentNews .subHeading a { color: @subHeading.color; font-size: 15px;}
The font-size: 15px; is the font size you are interesting for. Change the number 15 to what you want.........

I would not edit the default templates. You need to edit them on every new Update of xenPorta or any other addon.
I would suggest to add the CSS for your changes into the EXTRA.css.
If you want, for example, change any Font size just add !important to your CSS
Here is explained what it means
But use with care.

Is there any chance to allow users choose from what category they want to read news? For example we have serveral different categories: software news, hardware news and gaming news. If some people want to see only software & gaming news on main page is it possible to do? Make it selectable under control panel or better on main news page as buttons or checkboxes?

Also is it possible to insert category title (where from news was taken) with news subject together?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom