• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I previously had my xenforo installed in the root of the domain and when I installed this portal I ended up with two home tabs what did I do Wrong ? I reinstalled xenforo last night into a sub directory and have nothing in the root not even a redirect right now. I ask some more complicated questions in another thread, but I believe this may be what I want to use to unify the site options into a simple easy to use format.

I previously had my xenforo installed in the root of the domain and when I installed this portal I ended up with two home tabs what did I do Wrong ? I reinstalled xenforo last night into a sub directory and have nothing in the root not even a redirect right now. I ask some more complicated questions in another thread, but I believe this may be what I want to use to unify the site options into a simple easy to use format.

Remove your URL here - it will fix the two home page tabs.

ACP > Options > Home Page URL - make sure this is blank

Regards,
Renada

Renada thank you , however I think I might need a little more help to make this work. I have not installed xenporta yet and my xenforo is in a sub directory that I think I should rename to something more generic. what must I do to force the load of the proper sub directory when someone goes to the root url. and do I instll this xenpota into the same sub directory as the xenforo package ? right now I have the xenforo installed into example.com/748zip I want to be able to keep the root example.com/ as clean as possible so I can use other folders with password access to install things like ' example.com/chat' or ' example.com/wiki' .
keeping the typed in url as simple as possible and maintaining the versatility to pigeonhole different software's or use some sort of mobile app or location detection. I am sure that I am making this too complicated, I have just discovered the follow feature that may be the answer to my new post clutter.

"Search within thread" feature would be sweet. But since I cannot find a way to search all 42 pages of this thread = I'll ask here... Auto promotion of threads ==> where is this setting please?

We have an announcements forum - but we'd generally like to promote threads manually instead of automatically. How can we do this please?

Thanks in advance and apologies if this has been asked/answered. I'm just not sure where to find the setting :( so enquiring minds need to know

J.

Renada thank you , however I think I might need a little more help to make this work. I have not installed xenporta yet and my xenforo is in a sub directory that I think I should rename to something more generic. what must I do to force the load of the proper sub directory when someone goes to the root url. and do I instll this xenpota into the same sub directory as the xenforo package ? right now I have the xenforo installed into example.com/748zip I want to be able to keep the root example.com/ as clean as possible so I can use other folders with password access to install things like ' example.com/chat' or ' example.com/wiki' .
keeping the typed in url as simple as possible and maintaining the versatility to pigeonhole different software's or use some sort of mobile app or location detection. I am sure that I am making this too complicated, I have just discovered the follow feature that may be the answer to my new post clutter.

Ok I'm sure there are other ways of doing this and someone might jump in and tell you a better way. The way I point my URL at the forums is via my cPanel on my web hosting so that www.mydomain.com is pointed to www.mydomain.com/forums.

XenPorto must be installed inside your forum (XenForo) folder. The structure inside the XenPorto zip file will match that of the forum so you shouldn't have trouble with that. Jaxel has also written a wiki that you'll find here if you need it.

Hope this helps :)

Regards,
Renada

that worked Great Thank you I renamed the folder and I didn't have to do anything to the install either YEAH. now a logo and a facebook Icon ill be in business

WELL maybe it didn't work so good facebook connect had worked but now its broke I get this error
{ "error": { "type": "OAuthException", "message": "redirect_uri isn't an absolute URI. Check RFC 3986." } }

You SHOULDN'T delete the moduls without an confirmedPost request.

For example if you click http://8wayrun.com/SharePage/delete or http://8wayrun.com/portal/SharePage/delete it deletes the block without asking the user if he wants to delete it.

OK nobody's a idiot and clicks this link, but i could use goo.gl or any other shorter service to mask this URL and to post it on several places. If i have luck, somebody from the admins will click it and the block will be deleted

EWRporta_ControllerPublic_Forum
and
EWRporta_ControllerPublic_Index
are identical (except the class name)
do you really need both?

You SHOULDN'T delete the moduls without an confirmedPost request.

For example if you click http://8wayrun.com/SharePage/delete or http://8wayrun.com/portal/SharePage/delete it deletes the block without asking the user if he wants to delete it.

OK nobody's a idiot and clicks this link, but i could use goo.gl or any other shorter service to mask this URL and to post it on several places. If i have luck, somebody from the admins will click it and the block will be deleted
Good point... fixed...

EWRporta_ControllerPublic_Forum
and
EWRporta_ControllerPublic_Index
are identical (except the class name)
do you really need both?
they are not identical

I want to remind people that XenPorta is now a FRAMEWORK...

You don't even have to use the portal! If you want to use XenPorta simply as a sidebar widget framework you can!
Thank you for reminding that, Jason. :)

May I ask that if I were to show the "Recent Threads" and "Recent Status Updates" blocks in the sidebar on the forum homepage, how would I go about that? Thank you. :)

Where it was crazy to try to support an addon with one thread.
It is "really" really crazy to support a Framework with one thread.

Q: when will Xenporta have a forum addon ? :)

Is there a way to get the output of only 1 widget, so we're able to include this in custom pages? Like: http://community.invisionpower.com/blog/1174/entry-5434-ipcontent-21-dev-update-external-widgets/

reason i'm asking for this is, that i have a block/widget, which i'd like to reload automatic, but i have no clue if i can access only this 1:D

2. question
If this (question 1) is possible, is there a way to send params to the block models?

And a small clean code suggestion:
you could define a abstract block class with a abstract getModule method which have to be the parent of all block php files.
So it would be sure, that they have all necessary methods are implemented (ok ATM it's only 1, but who knows what the feature brings....:D ).

Same thing with the controllers.
All controllers inside EWRporta have the same method
PHP:
    public $perms;

public function _preDispatch($action)
    {
        parent::_preDispatch($action);

$this->perms = $this->getModelFromCache('EWRporta_Model_Perms')->getPermissions();
    }
this could also be placed in a own file, so it wouldn't be necessary to have it in all the controllers if they extend your abstract controller.

(only a suggestion;) )

3. have you any plans about a "export module" feature, which creates a zip file with the 2 block files (xml + php)

4. How can we export blocks, which have more then 1 template?
ATM there's only the block css template + main block template, but what if the block have more?

Is there a way to get the output of only 1 widget, so we're able to include this in custom pages? Like: http://community.invisionpower.com/blog/1174/entry-5434-ipcontent-21-dev-update-external-widgets/

reason i'm asking for this is, that i have a block/widget, which i'd like to reload automatic, but i have no clue if i can access only this 1:D
OK finished with an own add-on extending the portal, but it would be a really cool core feature.

http://ragtek.org/videos/module.htm

Have you checked the settings of the Twitter module? :)

Of course but there arent that many settings, my search is "gamingonlinux" so i dont see how football and windows tweets are showing up, has only been recently too and they stay at the top while recent tweets are pushed below making the twitter box unsablebfor me at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom