• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, ok, I've just tested a 3 column live and it's dreadful on the iPhone. My screenshots earlier pretty much say it all. :rolleyes:
Any width above a certain value will throw this error, so that discounts using a Fluid style.
Facebook is going to...go and be deployed elsewhere on a static page I reckon.

Yep, ok, I've just tested a 3 column live and it's dreadful on the iPhone. My screenshots earlier pretty much say it all. :rolleyes:
Any width above a certain value will throw this error, so that discounts using a Fluid style.
Facebook is going to...go and be deployed elsewhere on a static page I reckon.
my iphone works well for me

my iphone works well for me
Thank you. :) Can you please either post a link to your site or PC me with the URL? I really need to check it on every browser.

EDIT: No matter, I've found your site.
And it's equally wrong, on many levels.

EDIT2: For me, the Facebook block (right hand side) has to go until a fix is found.

Just have a quick question about the included facebook block. Everything else appears to be working as intended, and my users are enjoying the added functionality. However, the fb block seems to be producing some odds results in comparison to pics others have posted.

Any idea what is happening with the user image doubles? Also with the slight cutoff of the second row of user images? It also says 4 people have liked the app, but only 3 unique users are shown. =P

Is this a fb problem? XenPorta problem? xF problem? User error (most likely lol)?

Thanks for any suggestions or insight. =)

**EDIT**

Another like seems to have corrected the slight cutoff, but still duplicating images. =P I've included a second ss for comparisons. Thanks!

Attachments

• fblikes.webp
    fblikes.webp
    9.9 KB · Views: 6
  • fblikes2.webp
    fblikes2.webp
    12.3 KB · Views: 3
Just have a quick question about the included facebook block. Everything else appears to be working as intended, and my users are enjoying the added functionality. However, the fb block seems to be producing some odds results in comparison to pics others have posted.

Any idea what is happening with the user image doubles? Also with the slight cutoff of the second row of user images? It also says 4 people have liked the app, but only 3 unique users are shown. =P

Is this a fb problem? XenPorta problem? xF problem? User error (most likely lol)?

Thanks for any suggestions or insight. =)

**EDIT**

Another like seems to have corrected the slight cutoff, but still duplicating images. =P I've included a second ss for comparisons. Thanks!
++1000
Sin título.webp

That sounds really awesome!

Hmm, just make sure you include that <span>Promote Options</span> fix too. ;)

I'm sure this has been asked/answered many times but not being able to search within the thread doesn't help.

Is there a way to remove the duplicate "Home" buttons in the navigation tab?

Sorry, you're correct :-)

The description says removing it will remove the link from the logo and default to your forum index but Jaxel must do something to get around that.

Thanks

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal) v1.4.0 CHANGELOG
This is a huge update... so if you can afford a donation, that would be appreciated.
  • [pre?break] tags will now trim one leading line.
  • There is now an option in the ACP to enable "article style postbit views" for promoted threads.
If enabled, any thread that has been promoted, or is within the "recent news forum" will automatically have a new style that presents the thread more as an article. This is a highly requested feature in order to get the portal to link more to a CMS style system.​

I do feel obligated to mention however that enabling this option will automatically add up to two very small database queries to EVERY thread view in order for the system to determine if the thread is within the news forum, or promoted. If false, it will simply continue on as a normal thread. If true, there will be three additional very small database queries in order to fetch sidebar modules, settings and caches.​

Any module set on the RIGHT sidebar of your portal will be displayed in the article posbit view.​

An example of this new feature can be seen here:
http://8wayrun.com/threads/8wayrun-com-now-running-the-xenforo-beta.6406/

There seems to be an issue with the Upcoming Events block on the portal.

I am working with a clean install of XF 1.0.2 and a clean install of the 8wayrun add-ons with XenPorta 1.3.9 and Flexile 1.0.2. The Upcoming Events block currently looks as below:
Hasu-1.webp

I have also tried removing the avatar with the code Jaxel previously provided:
Code:
.EWRporta_Portal #eventsUpcoming.eventList li { width: 100%; }
.EWRporta_Portal #eventsUpcoming.eventList li .avatar { display: none; }
.EWRporta_Portal #eventsUpcoming.eventList li .eventInfo { margin-left: 0px; }

The result is this image:
Hasu-2.webp

The venue is listed as "Battle.net $50 Prize, Free Entry". Apparently it is appearing twice for some reason. I looked at the event itself and do not see any issues. Looking at the code in firebug, I can see the eventDate and eventText fields are both set to the value of the Venue field.

This install has no template edits. There is only one other add-on installed which I tried disabling, but that had no effect on this issue. EXTRA.css is clean except for the code I added above while troubleshooting this issue. The "enable 8wayrun support" box for Flexile is checked.

Did the css get bugged in a recent update?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom