• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jaxel,

I have a few questions about the twitter block.

1. What is the twitter_toptweets setting used for?

2. How can I adjust my twitter block to only show the last x tweets?

3. I would like twitter to show up as purely text without any clickable links. The below example is one tweet which offers 8 links. From an SEO perspective this causes two problems. First, I am linking to other sites and have no control over these links. Anyone can make a tweet and then I am auto linking to it. Second, the SEO value of any other links I have is devalued because my link power is divided amongst all my links, followed or not.

mmoshpit The MMOsh Pit Daily is out! http://bit.ly/e3AkXm ▸ Top stories today via @mmorpgcom @mmoshpit @kiven @teraonline @dragonoath

Issue 1 - resolved. I was able to read a twitter help article on the subject: http://support.twitter.com/entries/131209-what-are-top-tweets

Issue 2 - resolved. You can add a variable "rpp" to the widget. The twitter code in XenPorta is a match for the official twitter widget code except this variable is missing. http://twitter.com/about/resources/widgets/widget_list

I still would love to find a way to break all links in the twitter widget, or otherwise reduce the number of links. That block is my portal page's biggest SEO gap due to offering so many links.

I upgraded to the recent Xenporta version last night and now get a server error when rebuilding styles. I do have a few custom modules. Is this a result of me not removing those custom modules before upgrading?
Mysqli statement execute error : Duplicate entry '46-EWRporta_BLOCK_BLnav' for key 2

I believe Jaxel shared the need to remove any custom blocks before upgrading to the latest XenPorta. That could be the issue.

I believe Jaxel shared the need to remove any custom blocks before upgrading to the latest XenPorta. That could be the issue.
I'm thinking that is probably what happened. The error occurred on a test server so it's not a huge deal. Will we have to remove custom modules during every upgrade?

I'm thinking that is probably what happened. The error occurred on a test server so it's not a huge deal. Will we have to remove custom modules during every upgrade?
No, only with this last upgrade... in which I rewrote a lot of the custom XML system to make things easier.

Thanks Jaxel - Just donated $10 - will try to donate more on the 15th (payday)...

I don't know why I waited so long to install this! I have a simple install of it here: http://www.Linux-Forums.net (Hey, if anyone's into Linux.. sign up PLEASE - help me grow this forum!)

If you look at the image below, the size of the count boxes in the Recent News block are huge when compared to the same boxes in the Share This Page block.

untitled.webp

just change .css to fix tweeter button

HTML:
.vcount .t-count a {
background-image: none;
font: bold 16px Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;
color: #2A7090;
height: 34px;
line-height: 34px;
}

about the facebook like is an iframe :S i don't know how to change it, maybe you can set up it from facebook's page

just change .css to fix tweeter button
about the facebook like is an iframe :S i don't know how to change it, maybe you can set up it from facebook's page
Your reply is of no help at all. If you don't know the answer, please don't post as others may look at the code you offered and think the issue has been responded to when it has not.

My question is, if someone has addressed this issue could they please share the css adjustments they made in EXTRA.css. Thanks.

Jaxel,

I upgraded my portal from 1.3.6 to the latest. Ever since then the upcoming events module has stopped working.

Can you confirm if this is just an issue with my site or if its a bug? thanks

Jaxel,

I upgraded my portal from 1.3.6 to the latest. Ever since then the upcoming events module has stopped working.

Can you confirm if this is just an issue with my site or if its a bug? thanks
There are a bunch of posts about this on the xenAtendo thread.

Definitely not an issue with the default XF installation and XenPorta but can someone please do a spot check on this please?:
http://mx5life.com/community/portal/

The side scrolling bar is present whilst loading and something is triggering it. Although it does vanish when page is fully loaded on every browser.
It's mod related (portal) but I need to find what is doing it.

I had thought originally it could be a Min-Width attribute but, this is happening on all styles: Default, DXF, Flexile and Flexile Dark. :oops:

Your reply is of no help at all. If you don't know the answer, please don't post as others may look at the code you offered and think the issue has been responded to when it has not.

My question is, if someone has addressed this issue could they please share the css adjustments they made in EXTRA.css. Thanks.

Just try to copy the code in EXTRA.css and add !important next to the new height/width value. I'm not using xenporta atm and I can't test it

Definitely not an issue with the default XF installation and XenPorta but can someone please do a spot check on this please?:
http://mx5life.com/community/portal/

The side scrolling bar is present whilst loading and something is triggering it. Although it does vanish when page is fully loaded on every browser.
It's mod related (portal) but I need to find what is doing it.

I had thought originally it could be a Min-Width attribute but, this is happening on all styles: Default, DXF, Flexile and Flexile Dark. :oops:
Aha! Facebook block. :D
When "Custom" moved to the left instead of the right sidebar or moved entirely off the Portal, the issue disappears. Soooo I'm thinking a width thing?
Something was telling me it had something to do with FB (doesn't it always?) ;)
Quite likely to be a template thing or some EXTRA.css tweaks.

I still cant get EventsUpcommign to show on the portal...

its enabled, its reverted and wont show whatsoever...EventsCalender shows, but not upcomming....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom