• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having an issue with this... When I move modules around and click Update Module Order, they all go back to disabled immediately.

Edit, it seems to be working now. I just can't use recent threads because it jumps down to below everything else. I'm guessing it's too wide, trying to figure that out now

There seems to be an issue with the Upcoming Events block on the portal.

I am working with a clean install of XF 1.0.2 and a clean install of the 8wayrun add-ons with XenPorta 1.3.9 and Flexile 1.0.2. The Upcoming Events block currently looks as below:
View attachment 16338

I have also tried removing the avatar with the code Jaxel previously provided:
Code:
.EWRporta_Portal #eventsUpcoming.eventList li { width: 100%; }
.EWRporta_Portal #eventsUpcoming.eventList li .avatar { display: none; }
.EWRporta_Portal #eventsUpcoming.eventList li .eventInfo { margin-left: 0px; }

The result is this image:
View attachment 16339

The venue is listed as "Battle.net $50 Prize, Free Entry". Apparently it is appearing twice for some reason. I looked at the event itself and do not see any issues. Looking at the code in firebug, I can see the eventDate and eventText fields are both set to the value of the Venue field.

This install has no template edits. There is only one other add-on installed which I tried disabling, but that had no effect on this issue. EXTRA.css is clean except for the code I added above while troubleshooting this issue. The "enable 8wayrun support" box for Flexile is checked.

Did the css get bugged in a recent update?
This is not an issue... this is by design. The upcoming events block is designed to go in a central area and default to 2 per row; this is why you needed to do the CSS edit with the width: 100% if you plan on putting it on the sidebar. Also if an event does not have an address, it will list the venue as the address... thats why you are seeing the venue twice. Go into your module settings and uncheck the setting for "Show Event Venue?".

Why did you remove the padding here?
delpadding.webp
I fixed it with this code in the EXTRA.CSS:
Code:
.messageArticle .message {
padding-bottom:8px !important;
}

When using the article view, quoted replies seem to mess up a bit. This is on the default style as well as on Xenfocus's Uniform style.

The quoted text overflows from the quote box header (where it says "XXX said:")

Apart from that this is exactly what we were looking for in an article system :-)

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal) v1.4.0 CHANGELOG
This is a huge update... so if you can afford a donation, that would be appreciated.
  • [pre?break] tags will now trim one leading line.
  • There is now an option in the ACP to enable "article style postbit views" for promoted threads.

I updated and dont really see any change... ??

The articles are styled so that the first post is the main story and any replies are smaller comments below it. Take a look at the link Jaxel posted to his own site.

Jaxel.. I am doing something wrong, it is just not working at my site.

UPDATE: I disabled quite a few addons and the feature is now working for me. I will spend some time next couple of days to narrow down which ones are causing problems.

This is not an issue... this is by design. The upcoming events block is designed to go in a central area and default to 2 per row; this is why you needed to do the CSS edit with the width: 100% if you plan on putting it on the sidebar. Also if an event does not have an address, it will list the venue as the address... thats why you are seeing the venue twice. Go into your module settings and uncheck the setting for "Show Event Venue?".
worked perfectly, thx

I noticed the same thing but it's the [xfr] Board Notices add-on so maybe the change needs to be made in that, rather than in Jaxel's portal?

Another question while I'm here, is it possible to put some of the modules that are on the portal page into the forum sidebar? At the minute my homepage has all the modules as set on the portal but then when I go to forumhome it only has the standard ones (Members Online, Forum Statistics, Share This Page).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom