• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow you guys respond quickly.
Any instructions really. I have it installed, but I don't understand how to set anything up. I'm new to Xenforo, just bought it today, but the only options I see for the mod are Set as index, Show Navigation Tab etc etc and some addon edit options which change the version number, nothing to set up module blocks or set the forum linking. I'm probably just not looking in the right place for them.

Well you need to setup permission for Add-on's properly once it's done you should be able to see Modules option in Portal page that's where you can setup your modules ...Calendar ,Events - you need to have Events Addon by Jaxel installed too , for Media - Xenmedio installed .

If you are trying to get rid of second home tab and make portal your homepage : http://xenforo.com/community/threads/8wayrun-com-xenporta-portal.7586/page-60#post-187803

Well my PC is straight up dead now. In case you don't know, the raid controller on my MOBO died last week, taking out my main hard drive (which was not raid'd, ironically, the drives that were in raid0, work perfectly fine)... so I ran to best buy, bought a hard drive and a new raid controller and everything was working again... although with a major performance decrease.

Well yesterday my MOBO died completely. I've just ordered a new case (better for transport), new mobo, cpu, coolers and ram... but I wont have a computer up and running till sometime next week. So until then, I wont really be looking at anyone's comments or recommendations, except on my cell phone. If you can, please donate! =P

Well you need to setup permission for Add-on's properly once it's done you should be able to see Modules option in Portal page that's where you can setup your modules ...Calendar ,Events - you need to have Events Addon by Jaxel installed too , for Media - Xenmedio installed .

If you are trying to get rid of second home tab and make portal your homepage : http://xenforo.com/community/threads/8wayrun-com-xenporta-portal.7586/page-60#post-187803

Thanks, that helped alot, didn't realize I had to set permissions for admins to control addons. I'll have to read up on the forum more and learn how to use it.

When trying to install the portal via this link library/EWRporta/addon-EWRporta.xml it comes up with a 403 forbidden error. I asked the web host was it something on their end and this is what they said -

The issue is due to a .htaccess file in the library sub-directory which is denying access from everyone. Here are the contents of said file:
/home/******/public_html/****/library/.htaccess:
Order deny,allow
Deny from all

I could remove these directives for you, but they look intentional as part of the XenForo install. Just let us know.

What do I do?

Any help with this appreciated thanks

my suggestion is delete that particular .htaccess file. I am not an expert in web security. The first step is getting your site working. After the site is going, then loop back and determine if there is any open security issue.

Edit .htaccess file and delete
Order deny,allow
Deny from all

Put
// Order deny,allow

// Deny from all
And save changes and please, try again.
Salud2

The issue is due to a .htaccess file in the library sub-directory which is denying access from everyone.

You informed us the file was there.

I have the file in that location and it's settings are:
Code:
Order deny,allow
Deny from all

Apparently same as yours. I have no issues. I believe your root issue may have been misdiagnosed.

Is there a way to setup the portal in www.root.com and xenforo in www.root.com/community ?
Not really. Since the entire forum would not be in /community nor in /forum as for instance a thread link would be /threads and not in /forum/threads..

You would have to use some nifty .htaccess to get around it. But in essence you have to decide if you want xenforo to reside in /community or in /.

Is version 1.3.5 close to being done as I have not installed it yet and dont want to install 1.3.4 and 1.3.5 comes out in a day or so?

Is version 1.3.5 close to being done as I have not installed it yet and dont want to install 1.3.4 and 1.3.5 comes out in a day or so?

Jaxel stated he is having pc issues and wont be doing much for the next week. Besides, upgrading usually takes all of 5 minutes.

My best suggestion for upgrades...don't run out and install any upgrades the moment they are posted. Wait a few days for those who install right away to work out any new bugs which may show up.

Not really. Since the entire forum would not be in /community nor in /forum as for instance a thread link would be /threads and not in /forum/threads..

You would have to use some nifty .htaccess to get around it. But in essence you have to decide if you want xenforo to reside in /community or in /.

Yup, ended up moving everything to root.

Search is controlled from the following template: template: EWRporta_Block_Twitter

The specific line involved is
Code:
<a href="http://twitter.com/#search?q={$option.twitter_search}" target="_blank">Join the conversation</a>

{$option.twitter_search} is the value you enter into the Twitter module. That module filters out the quotation marks. It is my best guess they are filtered because they disrupt the code. Notice how the line begins with a quotation mark? If you used "comic book' as your search value you would get.

Code:
<a href="http://twitter.com/#search?q="comic book"" target="_blank">Join the conversation</a>

We need to determine how to enter quotation marks. Perhaps a single ' mark would work? You can wait for Jaxel or experiment. Before you try anything go to the Twitter search site and get it to work there.

Maybe I'm just missing something that is completely obvious, or maybe I'm missing something that's really hard to find. Either way, I believe that I'm the one at fault here. I've got the portal installed on my forum, that wasn't hard, and I can access the options for it and all, but I'm not sure how to set which forum's threads appear in the portal. I can't get anything to appear in the portal, actually. Anybody have any suggestions?

Maybe I'm just missing something that is completely obvious, or maybe I'm missing something that's really hard to find. Either way, I believe that I'm the one at fault here. I've got the portal installed on my forum, that wasn't hard, and I can access the options for it and all, but I'm not sure how to set which forum's threads appear in the portal. I can't get anything to appear in the portal, actually. Anybody have any suggestions?

If you have set Permission correctly you will see Modules option below Menu Bar in Portal page - Click on Recent Threads you will see your forums lists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom