• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you have set Permission correctly you will see Modules option below Menu Bar in Portal page - Click on Recent Threads you will see your forums lists.
I sure didn't notice that "modules" button. See, knew it was something that was sticking right out at me. Thanks.

If you have set Permission correctly you will see Modules option below Menu Bar in Portal page - Click on Recent Threads you will see your forums lists.
Well, even still, the portal looks NOTHING like what I thought it would. The example on 8wayrun.com is beautiful, this portal just shows the title of the thread. :/

Well you need other Modules Enabled also is Registration open at the moment ? if it's it should be showing Sign up button in side bar in your portal page . Jaxel's site pretty much have all modules enabled .

Well you need other Modules Enabled also is Registration open at the moment ? if it's it should be showing Sign up button in side bar in your portal page . Jaxel's site pretty much have all modules enabled .

I don't mean about the other Modules, I just want it so it shows an expanded version of the latest post I put in the thread that I selected for it to pull information from. But all it is showing is a small strip with the title of the thread

I JUST got it, I should have been using the recent news module. It's all fine and dandy now. Sorry for any trouble I've caused.

I don't mean about the other Modules, I just want it so it shows an expanded version of the latest post I put in the thread that I selected for it to pull information from. But all it is showing is a small strip with the title of the thread

Well cause that's Latest Threads module enabled there that's how it will show for latest Threads .

I think you are looking for Recent News guess ?

Quick question: I haven't got the very latest XenPorta installed (going to rectify that next week), but I have this really strange layout issue. I have the same version on two forums. The logos are nearly the same height for both, or may actually be the same height (60px high, which will match the ads I'm eventually going to place up there).

Does the XenPorta add-on set the positioning of the forum logo, or is that still handled by XF? On one forum, the logo is positioned exactly where it should be when viewing the portal, and matches the main forum. On another forum, the logo has been fine on the forum pages, but in the portal it is sitting too low. The only thing is, I made some changes to the Recent News to get rid of the links back to the original post, changed a font size, hid the bottom bar on each post, etc. If I remove Recent News from the portal, the logo pops back into place. And, this only happens in IE8, of course: in Chrome it still looks perfect.

I wouldn't think the Recent News module would make the logo shift around like that...or would it? I am probably going to have to backtrack to find out which one of my edits are causing this, if any.

How do you get the RecentThreads to show more than 3 posts, I cant find no option?

UPDATE - Found it

if I dont use facebook, does this /js/ folder still need uploading?

Hi there. I have just installed the newest Version, i wanted to join the modules Tab but i cant. There is no error nothing....

Hi there. I have just installed the newest Version, i wanted to join the modules Tab but i cant. There is no error nothing....

"join the tab"? I am guessing you mean view it? That would be a permissions issue. Go to ACP > Users > and ensure you have the permissions set for XenPorta.

What i meant is to edit the modules. But its not working. All set to allowed

When you go to your Home page you should see Modules listed in the sub-navigation bar as a selection. If you do not, then you have not set the permissions correctly for the account you are using OR you have a NEVER set on a user group which is being inherited by that user. Those are the only reasonable options.

Use the Not Set (No) option for other users. Do not use Never.

XenPortaPermissions.webp

portal.webp

Well i have this tab already and i set all to allowed, as i wrote before, but i cant enter the modules page ;)
If i click to the tab i just get redirected to the home´s (portal) page.
I have no idea why

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom