• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup follow this link : http://xenforo.com/community/threads/8wayrun-com-xenporta-portal.7586/page-60#post-188148

Do as it's explained about moving directory to another location you should be able to make it happen but keep back up before doing it all .

That works, but it looks like I have to physically move my forum to root in order for xenporta to do "Move forums to /forum/ and set /portal/ as the index."

Is there no other way to keep my forum physically at /forum but with xenporta as index?

I don't think so you need to move the Board to your root and set everything as explained on above posts your portal will show up in www.yoursite.com & forum in www.yoursite.com/forum.

I followed it however the portal becomes http://www.smsmasters.co.uk/forum/ and the forum becomes http://www.smsmasters.co.uk/forum/forum/

When I physically moved my forum to root the portal becomes http://www.smsmasters.co.uk and the forum becomes http://www.smsmasters.co.uk/forum/

Any ideas? :(

When you physically move your forum to root yes that's how it's going to work as you explained in second line there .I don't know if there's is another way around with this add-on to keep forum physically at /forum but with xenporta as index.

Hi Jaxel,

if my site was established I wouldnt care too much about the load times, but since im trying to get new users the load times are very imporant to me so caching wont really help.

If i use just the prebreak tags it says array, so i added a space in there and it works now thanks.

This is a good workaround for now Jaxel, thank you. Would it be feasible to add the blank prebreak tags to a future release of XenPorta?? The speed difference is massive. Maybe automatic prebreak tags to be entered at the end of the charecter limit?

Bump...

I plan to make the same move later today. Assuming I do everything correctly are there any issues to expect concerning broken links or anything else?

I just moved my entire site from my /community folder to the public_html folder. My main issue is whenever I type in the URL www.terapvp.com it is still transformed into www.terapvp.com/community/portal

My forum link works as www.terapvp.com/forum, and my other nav tabs work such as blog, media, events, etc.

I have checked my Board URL (ACP > Options > Basic Board Info). I have also checked my XenPorta and have checked Set as Index Controller (Move forums to /forum/ and set /portal/ as the index).

Can anyone tell me what I am missing to fix this issue?

When I hover my cursor over Home tab the URL shows perfectly as www.terapvp.com/ but on any pc when that URL is entered it is quickly transformed into the /community/portal URL

issue resolved itself after some time, disregard

Where do you control the width of the three possible columns? I looked at the options and some of the related css but did find anything.

added
I believe the width of both side columns are controlled by the sidebar.css template.

Please try the attached version of the RecentNews block and tell me if it still consumes resources as much. It's now using the XenForo built in snippet function.

Attachments

Please try the attached version of the RecentNews block and tell me if it still consumes resources as much. It's now using the XenForo built in snippet function.
Not sure if this was for me? But i tried this anyway, no speed difference. Prebreak still seems to be the best fix for now. Recentnews_limit set to 7, I add prebreaks before moving news over to the forum that holds the portal news and it loads in 1-2 seconds. I never use the promote thread option, not sure if this matters? Thanks

Suggestion - Recent Threads

1. I'd like to suggest the creation of new XenPorta templates to remove the dependency on core forum templates such as thread_list_item. This would enable users to fine tune the Recent Threads module for smaller width areas without affecting the overall forum style.

2. I also suggest adding a thread title limit (wordtrim) to the module's options.

Do you have the facebook module visible to all usergroups? You can go into the permissions and block it from guests (I know not ideal) Obviously, the person can keep signing up over and over again as well with new IP's as suggested.

I've also wondered about the facebook plugin - showing two different users twice w/pictures, (on one page load) when there are more than 8 people who've "liked" the site. Is there a way to remove the pictures showing up more than once?

<snip> $50 right now to anyone who can <snip> come up with a sure way of stopping him from doing this

I think shooting him would do the trick. Please send the $50 to my address whenever it's convenient for you.

Thanks!

(p.s. attempt at humour. The guy sounds like a real piece of work. When i come home I'll see if I can think of something when I see the code).

I have a HUGE serious problem with a part of this mod...the Facebook module. I have a user that is banned from my site, had the police on to him for attempts to blackmail me saying he had broken into the database and got everyone's email address, disgusting emails and more, however he keeps changing his IP address etc so we all know that you can't completely ban someone but what he does is gets on the site and clicks the "Like" in the Facebook module which brings him up in the pictures of the module. I have banned him from my site's Facebook page and it shows him as being banned in the list of people who liked the page but this module doesn't stop him from being displayed. I am removing him up to 10 times a day and there isn't any way to tell Facebook that he is harassing using this module.

However, I believe there is a way to capture the "Like" click feature and do something with it so $50 right now to anyone who can create this for me URGENTLY or come up with a sure way of stopping him from doing this
This may help you...

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/prevent-guests-users-from-using-proxies-at-your-forum.14394/

Jaxel,

I am using the recentnews module you posted earlier.. not sure how this may help but I have 48 pages of news. When I click say page 48 or page 45 etc which are from December and Jan BEFORE i started using the prebreaks they load quite fast. Infact they load as fast as the posts im using prebreaks with. I cant work out how that is happening but thought you may like to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom