[8WR] XenPorta (Portal)

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) 1.6.0

No permission to download
New to XenPorta, it's a great must have addon!

Quick question, how to i increase the font / padding of the header?

kB2Mnxq.png

Thanks in advance!

What timezone do 'promoted thread' options follow? I've set the recentNews catching time to 5 minutes but even after I promote the threads, they don't appear on the front page in 5-10 minutes. But they do appear after a long time which I'm unable to figure out.

I have noticed that posts promoted from private nodes are fully visible on the XenPorta front page to everyone, including guests (though the comments aren't). Is there any way to either have promoted posts be visible only to those who have permissions for those private nodes, or to prevent posts from private nodes being promoted? I've searched the forum and can't find an answer to this.

i just started using Xenporta and it does not save my layout. I remove or change the blocks around, and save, but i never see it update the pages. :( I have tried enabling and disabling the module. Short of having to uninstall and resinstall it, is there anything else i can do? - - I dont want to invest time in making sophisticated pages, if i end up losing all of it.

i just started using Xenporta and it does not save my layout. I remove or change the blocks around, and save, but i never see it update the pages. :( I have tried enabling and disabling the module. Short of having to uninstall and resinstall it, is there anything else i can do? - - I dont want to invest time in making sophisticated pages, if i end up losing all of it.
You have a custom layout designed in "Customize this page"... that overwrites all layouts.

Is there a hook that is used only in xenPorta that isn't used in the forums? I am trying to use the rotating ads addon because I like the slider is has much better as I don't have to assign forums and create threads with a slide.jpg image attached. The only way I can gather to accomplish this is with a hook that is in the portal only. I would really like some help getting this going. Thanks in advance.

You have a custom layout designed in "Customize this page"... that overwrites all layouts.

The Recent news module is selected, it does not show on the front page, but there is the numbered breadcrumb at the bottom, if you select page 2, it will display the second page and pull the information. - In random threads, blocks from Xenporta are displayed in the middle of threads or at the bottom after content but before the replies! :/

Is there any documentation for this, for the latest version? it is so confusing - I want to use Xenporta but it does not seem to do what I tell it.

On the default theme with XF 1.1.2 there's an error with the article view, it is putting the home page layout and blocks between the comments title/description and thread tools. Have no other add-ons installed.

Can remove the blocks by commenting out"

However this removes the 'Promote Options' button plus isn't a good way of fixing it.

same problem.

NOTE: I sorted the problem, needed to make a default Article layout

Thanks lms that's sorted, new question

Can i rename the "Home" button on the menu bar to something different e.g. "Articles" ??

Tried that but it changes both "Home" buttons
I want original "Home" button to stay as home and link to main website , then one created by Xenporta to be tagged "Articles" and link to xenporta page.
Is this possible??:)

It'll require a file-edit, but is possible, yes :)

Edit /library/EWRporta/Listener/NavTabs.php, and replace:

Code:
            $extraTabs['portal'] = array(
                'title' => new XenForo_Phrase('home'),
                'href' => XenForo_Link::buildPublicLink('full:portal'),
                'position' => 'home',
                'linksTemplate' => 'EWRporta_Navtabs',
                'perms' => $perms,
            );

with

Code:
            $extraTabs['portal'] = array(
                'title' => 'Articles',
                'href' => XenForo_Link::buildPublicLink('full:portal'),
                'position' => 'home',
                'linksTemplate' => 'EWRporta_Navtabs',
                'perms' => $perms,
            );

Keep in mind that you will have to redo the edit whenever you upgrade XenPorta.

Top Bottom