[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) PRO

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) PRO [Paid] 1.2.2b

No permission to buy ($40.00)
Its in the settings screen of your articles list...

Couldn't find that option, the settings for the article list looks like that:

Bildschirmfoto 2015-05-17 um 20.35.48.webp

However, I noticed that it's just my Admin-Account which shows the sidebar always. When I'm logged in as a normal registered user or guest everything seems fine. So is there any option to handle the widgets differently depending on the user group and which I eventually accidentally set?

I'm trying to upgrade from 1.07 to 1.10a and I'm getting an error when running the XML file in upgrade add-on:
The callback class 'EWRporta2_Option_ForumChooser' for option 'EWRporta2_promote_autoforums' is not valid.

EDIT: Somehow the files didn't update on the server first time around. Basically I'm crazy apparently. Move along! :)

Hi Jaxel

Im wondering, how to configure own articles list pages.
Ive right now a "Home" list Page which includes all News from all Categories.
But i want to have for every Category a standalone News Page.

Do you have a tutorial, how to configure this?
Or is there a simple URL Solution possible, like http://www.john.doe/articles/category-name ?

Thanks a lot!
ondsen

Hi Jaxel

Im wondering, how to configure own articles list pages.
Ive right now a "Home" list Page which includes all News from all Categories.
But i want to have for every Category a standalone News Page.

Do you have a tutorial, how to configure this?
Or is there a simple URL Solution possible, like http://www.john.doe/articles/category-name ?

Thanks a lot!
ondsen
If you click on the category itself, it will take you to the category page.

http://8wayrun.com/articles/site-updates.21/category

Also, the FAQ lists an evaluation check for making layouts for individual categories.

@Jaxel

Is it possible to add a Forum selection option for the Articles widget apart from Categories and Authors selection option? A forum option would be excellent... we prefer not to use categories and tags on our forum: use well defined forums instead.

Example: ArticlesSimple

Screen Shot 2015-05-18 at 9.16.37 PM.webp

Last edited:
Does anyone know how to change the most users online stat on the forum statistics box? I've done a fresh import of my old XF database into a new XF database and this number is showing as 3 now when it was 1386 on the old database.

Does anyone know how to change the most users online stat on the forum statistics box? I've done a fresh import of my old XF database into a new XF database and this number is showing as 3 now when it was 1386 on the old database.
You can manually set it by running the following code somewhere:

Code:
XenForo_Application::setSimpleCacheData('mostUsers', 1386);

@Jaxel I saw in your website that message_user_infor is so simple, just avatar and the user name. Can we change back them to normal with full of other fields?

Hi. A few questions. Sorry if these have been asked.

1) How do you display an entire post in an article?
2) How do you hide tablinks in portal view?
3) How do you create an AdSense unit without a title?

I'm using the slider on the article list. Does anyone know how I can reduce the size of the slider? I want to make it a little bit slimmer as it's overlapping the sidebar

as an sql query?
No, its just PHP code... you need to run it somewhere in XenForo...

@Jaxel I saw in your website that message_user_infor is so simple, just avatar and the user name. Can we change back them to normal with full of other fields?
You can enable/disable this feature in an article-by-article basis. Its called "Enable custom comments layout".

Hi. A few questions. Sorry if these have been asked.

1) How do you display an entire post in an article?
2) How do you hide tablinks in portal view?
3) How do you create an AdSense unit without a title?
  1. There is an option in the admin cp called "excerpt trim". Set it to 0.
  2. huh?
  3. Use a Raw HTML block and disable the title.

1M4MSvF.png

These are called tablinks, I don't want them to show in portal/articles view.

Use a Raw HTML block and disable the title.
I'm already using a Raw HTML block, but I don't see an option to disable the title. Something has to be entered in the Title field.

Is there a way to edit the image you set to appear above an article on the index?

Edit: Also how do you unfeature an article?

Edit2: Found out how to change the picture and unfeature an article. You just do 'Promote to Article/Promote to Feature' over again

Last edited:
Top Bottom