1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta 2 (Portal) PRO [Paid] 1.2.0

Article System and Widget Framework all-in-one!

1. Jaxel

Jaxel Well-Known Member

Jaxel submitted a new resource:

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta 2 PRO (Portal) - Article System and Widget Framework all-in-one!

Read more about this resource...

Last edited: Dec 18, 2014
  2. Jaxel

Jaxel Well-Known Member

3. Jaxel

Jaxel Well-Known Member

I am currently sending out orders for those who invested in the crowd-fund. Please check your emails.

Lindal_Oronar and RobParker like this.
  4. dono

dono Member

this is awesomeeee..
    • Support for local, Disqus and Facebook comments. <-- does it mean can use post in the thread as post comments for local ?

5. Jaxel

Jaxel Well-Known Member

"local" comments are basically thread replies formatted to look like comments.

6. Jaxel

Jaxel Well-Known Member

BTW, I will be re-doing all the videos I did during the beta test, during the upcoming weeks.

wickedstangs likes this.
  7. JABRONI

JABRONI Well-Known Member

Totally did not see this ever coming. Awesome that you got it done man. Kudos.

8. Jaxel

Jaxel Well-Known Member

Also, if anyone wants their forum featured in the Demos list, just let me know.

9. otaku

otaku Member

What does the tag feature do? Is it the same as xentags?

10. Enguerran A

Enguerran A Well-Known Member

Tag can be created by certain people from the front end. It allows people with the permission to create a quick portal that will list threads with this tag.

Epi likes this.
  11. Daniel-SP

Daniel-SP Active Member

Can't believe my eyes, lol.

Edit: Am I able to keep the tags from this addon ? I know that its impossible to integrate with every single addon around, Im just asking in case there is a main way to sync it, idk.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2014
  12. Jaxel

Jaxel Well-Known Member

Articles ARE threads. So any addon that works with threads, will work with articles. However, that doesn't necessarily mean the object will actually show on an article page. You may need to do some template edits.

13. Jaxel

Jaxel Well-Known Member

For the person who asked on the beta forums...
    • Why does this addon require XenForo 1.3.5, even though it should work perfectly fine in XenForo 1.2.0?
    1.3.5 enacts an important security fix for XML processing. You really should upgrade to it.
    (https://xenforo.com/community/threads/xenforo-1-3-5-released-security-fix.80630/)

Technically, you can edit the install scripts to allow it to work in older versions of XenForo by making two file edits:

Open up library/EWRporta2/Model/Widgets.php and replace line 131:
    Code:
    $document = XenForo_Helper_DevelopmentXml::scanFile($fileName);
    with:
    Code:
    $document = new SimpleXMLElement($fileName, 0, true);
    Open up library/EWRporta2/Install.php and delete lines 30-33
    Code:
    if (XenForo_Application::$versionId <= 1030570)
    {
        throw new XenForo_Exception('Addon requires minimum XenForo version: 1.3.5', true);
    }

14. Jaxel

Jaxel Well-Known Member

15. Luxus

Luxus Well-Known Member

Pretty awesome. Big thanks for the tag feature. I can finally work on my project again :)

16. Lemminator

Lemminator Well-Known Member

i have some error

17. Jaxel

Jaxel Well-Known Member

I dont understand how that error is even possible. If you look in the code for EWRporta2_Widget_ArticlesRandom, you can clearly see it specifically asks for xf_post.message. So the index MUST exist; even if it's null.

18. Enguerran A

Enguerran A Well-Known Member

I have tried the block and it's working fine for me

19. Jaxel

Jaxel Well-Known Member

No wait... I figured it out. If the function doesn't find ANY threads; it returns that error. Replace the "ArticlesRandom.php" file with this one:

Attached Files:

Lemminator likes this.
  20. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Well-Known Member

How do we download XP2 1.0.1b?