• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenMedio (Media)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In that case this add-on obviously isn't using those settings.
I don't have it installed so I am unable to check.
No doubt Jaxel will advise shortly.

I made the modification that you recommended, the style I'm using is the "flexible dark", will I have to wait for the cache recheck everything again?

In that case this add-on obviously isn't using those settings.
I don't have it installed so I am unable to check.
No doubt Jaxel will advise shortly.

Hi Brogan,

Just a thought, is it maybe because the video is just encoded with the black down the sides??

Hi Brogan,

Just a thought, is it maybe because the video is just encoded with the black down the sides??

I think ddmmh is right. I watched several YouTube videos on my site and all appear fine. I checked out the same video jonatan reported and when it plays on the YouTube site, it has that same black padding on the sides. It's in the video recording, and not part of XenMedio.

Okay so once we've deleted the Medio folder...and uploaded the new one, and re-added our XML files...what then? XF is still showing my version as 1.2.4?

The black side borders don't affect the size of the YouTube object/iframe - that's just because the video format has a different screen ratio to the player.

You can see from the menu bar at the bottom that it is too wide for the content container.
The YouTube object is 640px wide and the content window is only 605px.

Quite simply the YouTube element is too wide and needs to be made narrower or he needs to increase the overall fixed width of the style.

I still don't understand how people can use these mods and not look it over and see the administration links.

Surely you've been releasing modifications for long enough now that you're used to it.. :whistle:

Hehe, no disrespect intended for the less experienced.

I think this is because your workflow logic is different to everyone elses, you can't please everyone all of the time. I can hold my hands up and say I never saw the administrate links, but then I would never think of looking at the bottom of the sidebar, I would expect to see those functions in the ACP rather than on the forum view. That's how my workflow logic operates. Anything that deals with the behind the scenes operation of the forum happens in the ACP.

Likewise with the upgrades, there's nothing in the Medio documentation that tells you how to upgrade your install, there's information on installing from fresh but not an upgrade hence the reason why people are asking. Now that I know how i'll never ask again.

Jaxel, I am stuck on several XenMedio issues which I have brought up in this thread. I am hoping you can offer some guidance.

1. XenMedio search is not working properly. The default XF search option allows partial word searches, but XenMedio presently does not. Is this a bug which will be fixed? Or will this functionality be offered in an upcoming version?
The Search option for XenMedio either has a bug or lacks full functionality. If I do a partial word search and use a wildcard "*" no results appear. For example if I search for "sorc" or "sorc*" I get no results, but if I search for "sorceror" I find the related media.

2. The XenMedio delete window needs to be "always on top" otherwise users cannot properly see it always.

Minor issue with XenMedio. During movie playback from the Media tab I made a double post. I tried to delete it but the delete window appears behind the movie player. Eventually I figured out I could use the firefox scroll bar to move the window and make the selection.

View attachment 11683

3. Local WMV files are not playing. I received your e-mail with "Local Video Hoster Fixes". I followed your instructions placing the 4 XML files into the library/EWRmedio/XML/ directory, then I clicked on Rebuild Services in the Administrate Services page. I also placed the Parser.php file in library/EWRmedio/Model directory. Local WMV files still will not play. Seeing as all my files are local and many are WMV, this is a big issue for me.

Any assistance you can offer would be appreciated.

2. The XenMedio delete window needs to be "always on top" otherwise users cannot properly see it always.
That's a browser bug with it not respecting wmode.
Add type="application/x-shockwave-flash" to the <object> tag in your media BB Code.

Thank you Brogan. There are 47 EWRmedio templates, assuming the code is in a template and not a php file. I don't know where to look and even if I found the right template, I am not sure where within the template to modify the code. I am hoping Jaxel can offer a bit of direction here.

Jaxel, I am stuck on several XenMedio issues which I have brought up in this thread. I am hoping you can offer some guidance.

1. XenMedio search is not working properly. The default XF search option allows partial word searches, but XenMedio presently does not. Is this a bug which will be fixed? Or will this functionality be offered in an upcoming version?

3. Local WMV files are not playing. I received your e-mail with "Local Video Hoster Fixes". I followed your instructions placing the 4 XML files into the library/EWRmedio/XML/ directory, then I clicked on Rebuild Services in the Administrate Services page. I also placed the Parser.php file in library/EWRmedio/Model directory. Local WMV files still will not play. Seeing as all my files are local and many are WMV, this is a big issue for me.

Any assistance you can offer would be appreciated.
1. the search uses mySQL full-text search... I'm waiting for XenForo to have a common search standard (sphinx?) before I work on changing anything.

2. On a normal video, the delete window will appear on top. However, you are talking about a Silverlight video... and silverlight is not displayed in an object/embed; it is run through a javascript embedder, so I have no ability to define it's z-index, since its loaded automatically after the fact. Complain to microsoft.

3. I have no idea then. I have tested WMV video on MULTIPLE websites now, and none of them had any issues.

Is there a media sidebar block. Like there was back on Vb Jaxel? (other than the porta one)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom