• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenMedio (Media)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can submit YouTube videos fine. Whenever I try to submit local media I receive the error message "Media URL did not match any supported service." I have taken the following troubleshooting steps:

1. Confirmed the media is on my host server in the community/data/local directory
2. Confirmed the /local and /media directions are 0777
3. Confirmed I have XenMedio 1.2.6 add-on installed
4. Confirmed the premium.php file is located in community/library/EWRmedio/Model folder
5. Confirmed the new parser.php file (for premium users) is located in community/library/EWRmedio/Model folder
6. Confirmed the video-wmv.xml, video-flv.xml, audio-xml.xml and audio-mp3.xml files are located in /library/EWRmedio/XML directory
7. After confirming the above I tried using Rebuild Services in the Administrate Services window

After following all the above steps the issue remained. I tried importing each Service individually from the Administrative Services window and then again pressing Rebuild Services. No change.

Next I tried re-downloading 1.2.6, erasing my EWRmedio folder and starting over, no luck.

Lastly I tried uninstalling, re-installing, and trying again. Same issue.

I've tried with .wmv, .flv and .m4v files. To submit media I am going Media > Submit Media > Media URL: and entering local:filename ( example local:GreatAction.wmv )

Anyone have any ideas of anything else to try or look at?

Thank you Jaxel. Using "video:" works so I can import all videos again.

I still have the issue where .wmv files will not play back. I tried making a clean installation of EWRmedio on my test server following all of the above steps. The results are identical. All videos will play except .wmv files. I tried two seperate pc's as well. No error message, just a blank screen. The player doesn't seem to load.

Thought I saw this in here before, but I can't find it now. A user reported this and I can confirm it:
"Is this a bug, or some setting?

I posted a video from youtube, it had some spammy text in the "description" box, so I blanked it, and hit submit. Boom, nothing, it just took me back to the submit page, didn't submit, didn't error, nothing.

Maybe this is a bug worth reporting to Jaxel? I dunno if it is a setting or not. Figured I'd let you know anyway."

tl;dr: No description = back to submit page w/o error notice

[8wayRun.Com] XenMedio (Media) 1.3.0 CHANGELOG
  • Hopefully fixed the local video playback error...
    MAKE SURE YOUR BOARDURL OPTION IN THE ADMIN CP IS CORRECT!
  • Fixed media thread moderation bypass.
  • Fixed media cloud generation. Now if a browser doesn't have javascript/flash, they will get the text-based cloud.
  • Moved administration links to the navbar, instead of the sidebar.

And the instructions to upgrade? Same as before?

Delete the EWRMedio folder inside library
Upload the new version
Re-upload the premium scripts
Run the upgrade through the ACP

?

I deleted teh old EWRMedio folder and uploaded the new version. I also uploaded the premium.php file to community/library/EWRmedio/Model folder.

The 1.3.0 version came with it's own parser.php, and the 4 xml files for audio, flv and wmw. Should we keep those files? Or over-write them with the files you sent to premium subscribers?

I deleted teh old EWRMedio folder and uploaded the new version. I also uploaded the premium.php file to community/library/EWRmedio/Model folder.

The 1.3.0 version came with it's own parser.php, and the 4 xml files for audio, flv and wmw. Should we keep those files? Or over-write them with the files you sent to premium subscribers?
overwrite.

And the instructions to upgrade? Same as before?

Delete the EWRMedio folder inside library
Upload the new version
Re-upload the premium scripts
Run the upgrade through the ACP

?
You never have to delete anything unless I say so...otherwise just overwrite.

No joy.

I upgraded my XF to 1.0.0 gold today. After I upgraded XenMedio to 1.3.0. I followed all instructions, overwrote parser.php and the 4 xml files, and Rebuilt Services. I am able to import all media fine. I can play all media except wmv files.

Jaxel, I am upgrading my test forums to 1.0.0 gold right now. If it is helpful to testing, I can give you admin access to the site and let you do anything you want there. I have tried with multiple wmv files which worked before the 1.2.6 upgrade, but none of them are working now. All other files play normally.

Sorry for this issue being such a pain in the ass, and I appreciate your efforts.

No joy.

I upgraded my XF to 1.0.0 gold today. After I upgraded XenMedio to 1.3.0. I followed all instructions, overwrote parser.php and the 4 xml files, and Rebuilt Services. I am able to import all media fine. I can play all media except wmv files.

Jaxel, I am upgrading my test forums to 1.0.0 gold right now. If it is helpful to testing, I can give you admin access to the site and let you do anything you want there. I have tried with multiple wmv files which worked before the 1.2.6 upgrade, but none of them are working now. All other files play normally.

Sorry for this issue being such a pain in the ass, and I appreciate your efforts.
PM me information... FTP access, SQL access, as well as an admin account. I will check it tomorrow.

Just updated to latest version but i still have this option in same position .

I am guessing you performed all upgrade steps except going to ACP and installing the upgrade. Once you perform that last step you should see the options contained in the Media tab sub-menu assuming you are on an account with permissions.

Just updated to latest version but i still have this option in same position .
Upgrade from file on server: "library/EWRmedio/addon-EWRmedio.xml"

NOT "library/EWRmedio/addon_EWRmedio.xml"

This change is part of XenForo itself. Unless you are using the hyphen instead of the underscore, you haven't actually upgraded.

I just checked Oracle's dev site, and its working fine for me...

Makes me think this is a browser cache problem... clear your browser cache.

I am using FF 3.6.15. I closed all windows open to my site, cleared my cache (Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Clear Now). I re-opened my site in the browser. Issue remained with both the existing WMV and the new one you uploaded.

I went to a second pc using IE 8 (I know you hate it, but it helps rule out any FF issues). I repeated the same process above, issue remains. Neither soldnerx2.wmv nor the other .wmv file would play. All I see is a white screen.

XenMedioWMVissue.webp

When I right-click in the white space for the player, I see a single option for Silverlight. If I select it, some Silverlight properties are visible. I didn't notice any settings which might affect this issue.

I am using FF 3.6.15. I closed all windows open to my site, cleared my cache (Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Clear Now). I re-opened my site in the browser. Issue remained with both the existing WMV and the new one you uploaded.

I went to a second pc using IE 8 (I know you hate it, but it helps rule out any FF issues). I repeated the same process above, issue remains. Neither soldnerx2.wmv nor the other .wmv file would play. All I see is a white screen.

View attachment 12150

When I right-click in the white space for the player, I see a single option for Silverlight. If I select it, some Silverlight properties are visible. I didn't notice any settings which might affect this issue.
works on all browsers for me. if you right click the video, you can bring up your silverlight settings. check those.

Ok I personally have tested the site on 4 different pc's in my home. The WMV files will not play on any of them. I asked a friend to try to view the videos. He used FF and was able to play all the other videos without any issues. When he tried to play the WMV he was prompted to install Silverlight 4 which he did. After he experienced the same issue where the video would not play.

I am thinking you may have some add-on or developer software/setting on your pc that other users do not. Maybe if you can access another pc and try?

Below are my screenshots from my pc's Silverlight panel

Silverlight1.webp Silverlight2.webp Silverlight3.webp Silverlight4.webp Silverlight5.webp Silverlight6.webp

Is the ParseHTML-BBCode-Addon not compatible with XenMedio? If I activate it in the ACP it only shows
Code:
[medio]43[/medio]
in the Post which belongs to the video.
I click at change and save the post again, everything is OK, but when I reload the page
Code:
[medio]43[/medio]
I see this again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom