• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenAtendo (Events)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I just figured out most of the part on my own. But don't know how to remove the copyright.

By the way, I already donated $50. I like this mod and hope someone helps me out.

Let me help out those who want to change the thread title -

Find following code in library\EWRatendo\Model\events.php

Code:
$input['event_title'] = XenForo_Helper_String::wholeWordTrim($input['event_title'], 100 - ($dCount + $cCount));

Change the line just below it to whatever you want. Mine is -

Code:
$input['thread_title'] = $input['event_title']." at $threadCity"." on $threadDate ";

Still do not know how to update the title thing.

...and you can remove the copyright from the addon-xml and then re-install the product. This removes the copyright.

Well, I just figured out most of the part on my own. But don't know how to remove the copyright.

By the way, I already donated $50. I like this mod and hope someone helps me out.
Ill send you a message how to remove it. I dont put it on here otherwise it may encourage people to do the wrong thing

Thanks! One more question: Where does the live-video play once the event begins? Does it play in the maps section?

Jaxel, thank you for this Event mod but I can't understand why the US does offer a default date format. I get that there are thousands of things that could be customized, but date formats are so basic that they should have a setting. Not everybody is using the USA'ian date formats and I'm not live in the US so, can anyone tell me why I can't change the format of the date timestamp in template or php files or mod options? There are two options for (date and time formats) but it doesn't work for me. I live in Turkey and in generally, we used the 24-hour time system, not AM/PM time system. I think, you was not aware that the 24-hour time format was so widely used. We can't find month names in templates and I know we cannot find them 'cause date formats always written in PHP/JS files then I just think that's could be a PHP or JS issue or I'm not sure. Whatever, please let us know how to we would fix names of month in Turkish language and AM/PM format replace with 24 hours date and time formats?

Regards,

Actually, the next version of this mod has options to format thread titles...
Jaxel, thank you for this Event mod but I can't understand why the US does offer a default date format. I get that there are thousands of things that could be customized, but date formats are so basic that they should have a setting. Not everybody is using the USA'ian date formats and I'm not live in the US so...

Ah, I completely forgot to ask this as well! Thanks for bringing it up, BlackThorn.

Yes, Jaxel; while you're busy updating this (as you clearly are :p ) could you allow us to use 24hr time in the next version? I hate 12hr time format, and the way it is currently implemented is a bit confusing when you are setting the start/end time of events (e.g. if an event starts are 13:00, you have to select "01:00" then "PM", when to most people 01:00 is 1:00am)!

Thanks again. :)

Ah, I completely forgot to ask this as well! Thanks for bringing it up, BlackThorn.

Yes, Jaxel; while you're busy updating this (as you clearly are :p ) could you allow us to use 24hr time in the next version? I hate 12hr time format, and the way it is currently implemented is a bit confusing when you are setting the start/end time of events (e.g. if an event starts are 13:00, you have to select "01:00" then "PM", when to most people 01:00 is 1:00am)!

Thanks again. :)

You're welcome and fully agreed, I like the 24 hour system better also. I already said that I live in Turkey and in generally, we used the 24-hour time system. I personally hate the AM/PM time format. If I would become ruler of the whole world, the first thing I would do is scrap the AM/PM system and replace it with the 24 hour system. For now I have changed the format of the time format input selectbox with "after/before non" but that's looking very bad now. I still cannot change names of the Month. When will Jaxel release the new version I don't know but that's not so useful.

I'm getting the following error when I click the Event Archive link.
Code:
Template Errors: EWRatendo_EventsHistory

Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /var/www/vhosts/dirtbikeaddicts.com/httpdocs/xf_main/library/XenForo/Template/Abstract.php(265) : eval()'d code, line 32:

31:        ';
    32: foreach ($events AS $event)
    33: {

Actually, the next version of this mod has options to format thread titles...

As for the copyright... the copyright is in it's own template... edit the template?

didn't you say that you "hate this mod" a couple pages back ?
As far as I understood, you've said you are not going to support this mod anymore?

Not sure if I understood correctly?

didn't you say that you "hate this mod" a couple pages back ?
As far as I understood, you've said you are not going to support this mod anymore?

Not sure if I understood correctly?
I said I hate the CALENDAR part of this mod. The event stuff I like, as it was the entire purpose of this mod. But the calendar, which is tacked on because of the number of people who requested it... drives me nuts.

I said I hate the CALENDAR part of this mod. The event stuff I like, as it was the entire purpose of this mod. But the calendar, which is tacked on because of the number of people who requested it... drives me nuts.

many thanks for your reply!

Is it possible to get this add-on containing just the "Events"-stuff without the "Calendar"-elements ?

I am looking for an Events-Management-add-on, but I do not need the birthday-stuff.
Also looking for this having Prefixes integrated.

Maybe someone else is willing to fork this mod and extend the calendar functionality. There is a need for a feature-rich calendar mod and I think people would be willing to pay for that.

thanks for this addon. among other things i'll be using it for celeb birthdays but the way it's setup makes it less than perfect for that. I tweaked it a bit & would be happy to post what I did but I don't know if it's cool to post hacks to your mod.

I removed the need for a venue. then tweaked the thread title to only insert "($threadCity)" when a city is available

I added a checkbox for "all day event" which basically sets the time to 12am & duration to 24hrs for you. then when you edit the event, it looks to see if it's 12am x 24hr & rechecks the all day box. i felt rigging it this way changed the addon the least amount possible to get the result I wanted.

I added "years" to the recurring field. like all day event, choosing yearly actually saves it as 12 months to avoid too many changes to the mod.

I also moved things around a bit so all my required fields were at the top & the optional fields like venue & stream were at the bottom.

PS - the date field really wants you to use the popup calendar & it does not let you simply type a date. since the popup only goes back to 2007 it made entering birthdays tough. I found that it I copies & "ctlr + V" pasted the date it it worked just fine though I'd love a nicer workaround if anyone has a suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom