• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenAtendo (Events)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish there was, but so far, no other calendaring mods have been created that I am aware of. The only one is this, and it's not really a calendar mod anyway. Jaxel wanted to create an Event mod and well, he did that. But unfortunately for those of us looking for something a little more... we're out of luck.

With a bit of coding this plugin could be expanded. Maybe another developer will want to tackle a more comprehensive calendar mod? Or maybe Jaxel will re-consider. I think this is a premium plugin that people would be willing to pay for. An integrated calendar mod is sorely needed.

With a bit of coding this plugin could be expanded. Maybe another developer will want to tackle a more comprehensive calendar mod? Or maybe Jaxel will re-consider. I think this is a premium plugin that people would be willing to pay for. An integrated calendar mod is sorely needed.

No one has mentioning creating a good calendar mod and Jaxel pretty much only writes what he's interested in and he's made that clear, it's not a calendar mod. hehe So... don't lose hope, but I wouldn't hold my breath either.

Is it possible to remove the avatar icons from the events page? I have mine set to upcoming events not calendar, I think it would look much nicer without the avatars but no idea how to remove them, thanks

Is it possible to remove the avatar icons from the events page? I have mine set to upcoming events not calendar, I think it would look much nicer without the avatars but no idea how to remove them, thanks

I'm not a great coder so don't take this as gospel, but I believe.... In template "EWRatendo_Bit" find....

<div class="avatar Av1s">
<xen:if is="{$event.event_thumb}">
<span class="img s" style="background-image: url('{$event.event_thumb}');"></span>
<xen:else />
<span class="img s" style="background-image: url('{xen:helper avatar, $event, s}');"></span>
</xen:if>
</div>

And delete the part I put in bold.... <xen:else /> through </span> ...that will delete the avatar, if you want to delete all thumbnails for events delete that whole div.

I'm not a great coder so don't take this as gospel, but I believe.... In template "EWRatendo_Bit" find....

<div class="avatar Av1s">
<xen:if is="{$event.event_thumb}">
<span class="img s" style="background-image: url('{$event.event_thumb}');"></span>
<xen:else />
<span class="img s" style="background-image: url('{xen:helper avatar, $event, s}');"></span>
</xen:if>
</div>

And delete the part I put in bold.... <xen:else /> through </span> ...that will delete the avatar, if you want to delete all thumbnails for events delete that whole div.
That worked :)

Thanks. Im going to push my luck here, is there anyway the avatar can be replaced with the first image in each event post? I may be asking too much :P

I am using the events calendar on my site. Really works perfect. Excellent work.
Since I would need it to show different events calenders or lists for different categories ( e.g. Milan events, Rome events, Napoli events).
( I read somewhere in this enourmous thread that Jaxel had no intention to add a different category feature to this mod), so
I wondered if I can install the mod somehow 3 times and each time set it up to connect with a different category?

Is this possible - or does anyone have any idea on how i could achieve different events calenders for different categories ?

I have installed this add-on a few moments ago...

Installation was perfect!

1) But you all keep referring to RSVP - I don't see this option anywhere.

2) Plus I have linked the add-on to a Events Forum but when I click on POST NEW THREAD - it says I dont have permission ? I am a Super Admin and I have given myself all permissions.

3) ALSO Override Thead Creation is ticked - but the button still says POST NEW THREAD why doesn't it say POST NEW EVENT ????

I am on xenforo 1.1.0

4) And why isn't there an option to POST NEW EVENT within Events? Some members may get confused and won't know they need to post the event in the events forum.

Once I get answers I will make the donation because it's a great add-on.

Please help ASAP.

Once I get answers I will make the donation because it's a great add-on.
Please help ASAP.

Okay.. so you should than send the money to Jaxel.

Ah, and the answer to all four of your BLUE questions:
... Go to Users - User Group Permissions - and SCROLL down...

[8wayRun.Com] XenAtendo (RSVP)Not Set (No)AllowNever
Can Post Events:
Can Bypass Moderation:
Can RSVP for Events:
Can Moderate Events:
Can Administrate Events:

and that should do the trick.

AND ... dont forget to donate the money to Jaxel now ( in blue of course).

Okay.. so you should than send the money to Jaxel.

Ah, and the answer to all four of your BLUE questions:
... Go to Users - User Group Permissions - and SCROLL down...

[8wayRun.Com] XenAtendo (RSVP)Not Set (No)AllowNever
Can Post Events:
Can Bypass Moderation:
Can RSVP for Events:
Can Moderate Events:
Can Administrate Events:

and that should do the trick.

AND ... dont forget to donate the money to Jaxel now ( in blue of course).
Yes I will donate today.

Why do I need to:

Can Bypass Moderation?
Can Moderate Events
Can Admin Events

Aren't these options only for mods/admins and not users?

Which options should I set for users?

Also why does the calendar have 2010 in it...

Can we add YouTube to the stream? Does it Have to be a Live Stream or a recording as well

Thanks.

How do I select multiple forums for Events to display in? It says (separate by comma) but this is not possible, as it's a select only option, you can't select more than 1 forum.

What does Administrate Streams do ?

Is there a way to remove the post code (zip code) from the forum thread title?

If you dont use the zip code then just dont enter it when making events, or otherwise just edit the title and remove the zip code after creating an event

If you dont use the zip code then just dont enter it when making events, or otherwise just edit the title and remove the zip code after creating an event
i do use the post code - i love the integrated google maps feature - i just don't want the post code to be automatically inserted into the thread subject.. for example:

looks a bit "busy", and the post code doesn't really add anything, as if the reader is interested they will click the thread and thus discover the full address anyway.. i could edit it afterwards, but i was just wondering if there was a way i could prevent it from happening by default? or if jaxel could even make it an option you can turn off via a check box in the next update?

someone else asked for the same feature in this thread (i found it yesterday whilst googling the answer for the above) but i can't for the life of me find it now!

i do use the post code - i love the integrated google maps feature - i just don't want the post code to be automatically inserted into the thread subject.. for example:

looks a bit "busy", and the post code doesn't really add anything, as if the reader is interested they will click the thread and thus discover the full address anyway.. i could edit it afterwards, but i was just wondering if there was a way i could prevent it from happening by default? or if jaxel could even make it an option you can turn off via a check box in the next update?

someone else asked for the same feature in this thread (i found it yesterday whilst googling the answer for the above) but i can't for the life of me find it now!
Try this, when creating an event enter all the details and then refresh map, when you have the map then delete the zip code, create the event and see if that works..

Try this, when creating an event enter all the details and then refresh map, when you have the map then delete the zip code, create the event and see if that works..
no, i know there are various workarounds (e.g. editing the thread title, the one above, etc.), but that's not what i'm after, thanks..

as i say i just don't want the post code to be automatically inserted into the thread subject, and was wondering if jaxel could possible make that an option in a future update? in fact, the ability to completely customise the thread subject would be great (e.g. some people might not want the date in square brackets, some might want other info. to be inserted, etc.) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom