• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenAtendo (Events)

Status
Not open for further replies.
can confirm. after commenting the lines the modul works (I have also not installed the carta addon) :eek:
thanks very much to Laric. (y)

Whoops... I guess its a mistake on my part... the mod should say EWRatendo, not EWRcarta.

Is there a chance that there's another whoops in there somewhere, since you can't make a thread when you create an event?
Or would this fix that too?

Is there a chance that there's another whoops in there somewhere, since you can't make a thread when you create an event?
Or would this fix that too?
Just checking--do you have Override Thread Creation unchecked (it's under Options in the ACP)?

Just checking--do you have Override Thread Creation unchecked (it's under Options in the ACP)?
I uninstalled this mod this afternoon.

Before I updated this mod, when I created an event, there was a box to check if I wanted a thread created also.

After the update, there was no such option.

Don't think so. Should it be checked or not?
If you're trying to get your new event to automatically post a new thread (that's what you were talking about, right? I may have been confused), it should be unchecked and you should have an "Event Forum" (it's the list right above the Override option) classified where all of your events will get posted.

Speaking of which, Jason, I just noticed a minor "error" with the wording in the ACP: under the Event Forums list, it says "separate by comma," but since it's a selectable list and not a text box, you just have to click to select them.

oh in there. The override was UNchecked, I had the Upcoming events dicussion forum selected to start a thread in.
Ryan Kent (FKA Oracle) went over the settings with me via PC, so I know they were correct. And still not working.

Yes it worked for me too.
Unfortunately I still can't get the module to show up on my portal. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....

EDIT: I take it back, it's working! yaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!

This is me doing a happy dance ---- >>
egyptiandance.gif

Whoops... I guess its a mistake on my part... the mod should say EWRatendo, not EWRcarta.

Will you have a look so all the modules are checking for the correct addon and give us a new version or should we change it ourselves?

I think the upcoming birthdays are checking for ewrmedio addon.

[Bug]

When Im going into a normal thread, there it looks as follows:

1.webp

but there must stand: create answer.
if i click on the button the following appears:

2.webp (change date for a event)

wich makes absolut no sense. this error is only shown to me (adin and supernoderator) not to
normal members or guests.

This is the designed behavior.

As an admin you have the ability to Promote any thread to your portal page. If you choose to promote a thread, then the thread's position on the portal is based on the promotion date/time you choose.

This is the designed behavior.

As an admin you have the ability to Promote any thread to your portal page. If you choose to promote a thread, then the thread's position on the portal is based on the promotion date/time you choose.

ah, I understand. Thank you.

ok grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.... why am I not able to create an event that starts at 7pm and ends at 10pm the same day?
I can create the start time, but the end time won't let me select the same day, only the next day.
What am I doing wrong, or have set wrong?

ok grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.... why am I not able to create an event that starts at 7pm and ends at 10pm the same day?
I can create the start time, but the end time won't let me select the same day, only the next day.
What am I doing wrong, or have set wrong?
Lower the Minimum Event Hours option to 3 or lower.

Just encountered a strange issue. We created an event with a long title name, about 67 characters long. The software errored out and told us to reduce our title to less than 100 characters. We ended up needing to reduce the title below 60 characters because it seems the mod is automatically adding the date and the location name to the thread title, all together creating a title of about 107 characters.

This was confusing us for quite a while, it's not automatically obvious that the location and date need to be accounted for in the character limit..

It was kind of strange but now that we figured it out it makes sense. Is this character limit an limitation of Xenforo or of the mod? Is there a way to increase the character limit? Just curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom