• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenAtendo (Events)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all

Here is a strange issue, cant seem to explain whats happening:

This is the month of August 2011 and an event entered for the 31 July 2011 is being repeated everyday for the month:

3-07-2011 2-36-30 PM.png

If when logged in I drill down into say the 15th of August a completely different event appears:

3-07-2011 2-37-10 PM.png

Then when I log out and view the same page is doesn't appear:

3-07-2011 2-38-03 PM.png

Very strange indeed, not sure if there is an issue with the permissions...

Attachments

• 3-07-2011 2-36-30 PM.webp
    3-07-2011 2-36-30 PM.webp
    47.9 KB · Views: 15
  • 3-07-2011 2-37-10 PM.webp
    3-07-2011 2-37-10 PM.webp
    49.4 KB · Views: 13
  • 3-07-2011 2-38-03 PM.webp
    3-07-2011 2-38-03 PM.webp
    22 KB · Views: 9
Hi all

Here is a strange issue, cant seem to explain whats happening:

This is the month of August 2011 and an event entered for the 31 July 2011 is being repeated everyday for the month:

3-07-2011 2-36-30 PM.png

If when logged in I drill down into say the 15th of August a completely different event appears:

3-07-2011 2-37-10 PM.png

Then when I log out and view the same page is doesn't appear:

3-07-2011 2-38-03 PM.png

Very strange indeed, not sure if there is an issue with the permissions...

UPDATE

It appears the the users timezone in their preferences is driving this issue. When I change my default timezone the view changes and in this case when i select UTC + 3:00 it fixes itself.

I have a few questions, please:
- is there a "8-way-run-framework" which needs to be installed first in order to make this plugin work? (like e.g. user "Ragtek"´s plugins only work when using his framework).
- what is the meaning of "RSVP" and what does it do ?
- what is the cost for this plugin?
- where to download this plugin from, in order to make it properly work?
- what else is required? Xencarta?

thanks.

- No framework; the plug can standalone
- RSVP = Repondez s'il vous plait = "reply, if you please" = allows you to say if you're attending the event or not
- free
- see post #1
- nothing

Very nice add-on.

I have one question; I added an event, with a forum thread.
Now I deleted the entire forum where the event thread was in. (Thinking the event would also be deleted because the thread is deleted)
But the event is still in the calendar, and when I click it I get : The requested forum could not be found.

Can I still delete the event?

Just installed this and input a test event for today and it's illegible due to the colour in the default monthly view. Anyone else have this?

If you see the image attached there's an entry on the 10 but it's impossible to read.

Capture.webp

You just need to change the colour via CSS. By default Jaxel has it set up so it uses the colour palette light/dark values. If you've modified the colour palette so it's not light/dark any more then you need to mody the css for the event styling.

You just need to change the colour via CSS. By default Jaxel has it set up so it uses the colour palette light/dark values. If you've modified the colour palette so it's not light/dark any more then you need to mody the css for the event styling.

Yeah, it just want to be careful messing with the text colour pallette as I'm using a theme someone else has designed and thought through and I don't wan't to make sure I don't cause any other clashes if I edit it.

It looks like it's using a really light gray, any idea how I can pinpoint which property needs to be altered and where I can do this?

The Firebug addon for firefox is great and lets you "inspect element" which brings up the CSS. You can then edit it in the browser until you're happy without it changing for anyone else.

I too am now having this error.

Jaxel said:
[8wayRun.Com] XenAtendo (Events) v1.4.0 CHANGELOG

• Fixed a very big bug that was breaking the event recurrence cron job.
  • If you have archive recurring events disabled, events will retain their event id.
  • Recurring events with event threads will now automatically update thread titles.
  • Fixed some phrasing issues... I accidentally linked phrases to the wrong mod.

This version seems to have fixed the issues i was having. :)

Carl got his working.
Cory: did you get your working ?

Carl got his working.
Cory: did you get your working ?

Thanks for the check, but I wound up removing the mod and reinstalling.
That sorta sucked because I knew all the events I had in the Event Forum would no longer link to the Calendar entries (since I would have to reenter them upon reinstall).

I added a new event, edited event thread by adding slide.jpg file. I then configured event thread to be included with recentsnews module in the XenPorta portal. EVERYTHING was fine until I decided that slide.jpg file needed to be edited. I again edited event thread by deleting and replacing slide.jpg file. The google map and event specific now appear in event thread comment area. Please advise.

UPDATE - I went back to recentnews module in the portal and REMOVED event thread from being included with recent news. event thread now appears as expected. Google map and event specifics need to be dealt with in order to bring event thread into recentnews module

~peace

Attachments

• events.webp
    events.webp
    40.6 KB · Views: 18
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom