• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenAtendo (Events)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Jaxel There is an event on your website that I have been studying and I have a question. How did user make this entry located between RSVP banner and the XenAtendo footer copyright??

Attachments

• events.webp
    events.webp
    6.3 KB · Views: 24
@Jaxel There is an event on your website that I have been studying and I have a question. How did user make this entry located between RSVP banner and the XenAtendo footer copyright??

People can comment when they RSVP

Capture.webp

Is it possible to send an email notification to a specific usergroup when creating an event?

Still wondering if I can get an answer to this or if it's something that couple be implemented as it's a feature that would be extremely handy.

Also I can't read the text for events on the current week, I'm using xenfratcure theme from themes inc. is it a xenattendo clash with it? Any ideas which fonts need to be changed and where I can do this please?

Capture.webp

Installation on localhost doesn't work, i get this:

Server Error
Unable to Connect to tcp://api.justin.tv:80. Error #0: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: No such host is known.

Are you blocking justin.tv via your firewall?
No, there's not any firewall or antivirus program running in my Windows 7, I'm using AppServ.

Update: yeah it was Microsoft Firewall Client for ISA Server, just disabled ISA Server and it works now, thanks for pointing it out.

How would I set up an event that is only active on the 4 summer months? Say once a month on the last tuesday of the month?

still not sure whether this plugin is working properly as there are still many bug reports.
Are you guys happy with this plugin? Should I wait for XF 1.1 and then try to install this plugin?

I love this plug in, and every thing jaxel makes.....he got my donation, he DESERVES it. Only thing I would love is to be able to make this one to be flexible like a calendar so that I could make entries for earlier events if the date has already passed. And maybe "entry groups" for instance "nba event" "nfl event" "mlb event". But to answer the question, I love it.

We're (finally) about to go live with Xenforo, with Xenattendo being our only user-facing add-on. It's fantastic and we think our users are going to really like it (especially compared to the abomination of the VB calendar). We'll send a donation your way, Jaxel.

Are there any plans for a .ics feed for the calendar? I know I'd love to see our forum calendar on my Google calendar...

We're (finally) about to go live with Xenforo, with Xenattendo being our only user-facing add-on. It's fantastic and we think our users are going to really like it (especially compared to the abomination of the VB calendar). We'll send a donation your way, Jaxel.

Are there any plans for a .ics feed for the calendar? I know I'd love to see our forum calendar on my Google calendar...
I've looked into calendar exportability, but there doesn't seem to be a JSON or XML standard for Google, Microsoft and Apple. So I probably wont be doing it.

Have you seen http://www.helioscalendar.com/features.php they use iCal and other formats so users can sync calendar events. It would be nice to be able to put the events into categories so users can sift/sort ones that they are interested in. There are a lot of features on Helios Calendar that may be worth considering for this mod.

I am just wondering if there are a couple language-files for this add-on available ?
I would need the following language-files for this Event add-on:

Chinese 简体中文
Chinese 繁體中文
Deutsch
Español
Español Latin
Français
Indonesia Bahasa
Italiano
Magyar
Nederlands
Norsk
Polski
Português
Russian русски
Svenska
Türkçe

Expect my donation coming your way if you can provide language-files for this add-on.
Please contact me via Private Converstion.
Thanks!

I have checked the option in ACP in order to show the button "Post New Event" instead of "Post New Thread" at the checkbox which says:
"Override Thread Creation: If set, the "Post New Thread" button on will be replaced with a "Post New Event" button."

Unfortunately, it still shows "Post New Thread" for the button at the bottom ???
I would like to have both buttons (the button at the top and also the button at the bottom) to show "Post New Event" for the "Events Forum". Having 2 buttons showing two different things is quite confusing for the user.

I would like the users to ONLY be able to create events in the "Events Forum", not creating normal threads.

xf_atendo_button.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom