• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenAtendo (Events)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jaxel, i have it installed as you told (first delete old files)
now i cannot set a date or a time and if i click on "new event" there comes an error called "please enter a valid post"

event.webp

error.webp

Will deleting the folder to update mean that the existing events are lost?

Will implementing this update solve this error that has appeared? I have a date in the event calendar that has 3 events on it. The day shows 3 events but when you click you get the following.

3eventservererror.webp

Is it possible to use this in two forum areas?

If say, I have an "events for charities" Forum area and "events for music gigs" Forum area

It would be pretty cool to have a default location (for location related forums)

how difficult would it be to force xenatendo to use the external service provider used by xf rather than google maps?
when events and such are held in virtual worlds google maps arent too useful!

Yep answered here in Ryan's help file - although you'll have to make this change on every update if you use it.

Regards,
Renada

I'm sure this will be coming as a feature soon?! What about starting at different times like 1:15 pm or 2:25 pm? Shouldn't we be able to select the hour and minutes separately for the start and the end? Seems like a nice way to extend the functionality of this plugin to accommodate many needs and event types.

I've noticed many people forget about the default date.

I tried to add validation for this (but it broke then submit button):

changes made to create template are in blue:
(I cant wrap the below in code tags, since it eats the styling)

<form action="{xen:link 'events/create'}" method="post" class="xenForm" id="surreyevents">
<input type="date" size="10" name="event_date" id="event_date" class="textCtrl autoSize" value="{$input.event_date}" />
<input type="submit" name="submitrenamed" value="surreysubmit" style="display:none" />
<input value="Save Event" name="Save Event" accesskey="s" class="button primary" type="button" onClick= "submitform();" style="display:none">

<script type="text/javascript">
function submitform(){
var d = new Date();var yn = d.getFullYear();
var mn = d.getMonth();var dn = d.getDate();
var MonthName=["01", "02", "03", "04", "05", "06","07","08", "09", "10", "11", "12"];
var catDate = yn + "-" + MonthName[mn] + "-" + dn;
if (document.getElementById('event_date').value == catDate){alert('Please make sure you select a valid date. Todays date or dates before today should not be selected')}
else {document.forms['surreyevents'].submit();}
}
</script>

Any idea how I can get this working

Just letting you know that I've paid for this plug-in from my qualityposts email or my localtutor email address... it's great, many people use it, but I need some validation at least for the date

Edit....

I've done the validations by using the following (works for me now):

Code:
<input type="submit" value="{xen:phrase save_event}" name="submit" accesskey="s" class="button primary" onclick="formvalidation(this);return false" />

<script type="text/javascript">
function formvalidation(thisform){
var d = new Date();var yn = d.getFullYear();
var mn = d.getMonth();var dn = d.getDate();
var MonthName=["01", "02", "03", "04", "05", "06","07","08", "09", "10", "11", "12"];
var catDate = yn + "-" + MonthName[mn] + "-" + dn;
var selectedDate = document.getElementById('event_date').value;
var selectedv = document.getElementById('ctrl_venue').value;
if (selectedDate == catDate){
alert('Please make sure you select a valid date. Todays date or dates before today should not be selected');
return false;
}
else if(selectedv == ""){
alert('Please enter information for the required field "venue"');
return false;
}
else{
thisform.submit();
return true;}
}
</script>

If the script could make An .ics file and an email select members that would work great, like meetup.com and would be fantastic.

Any chance for the future?

Installed this after long time everything working great i tried to find some answer not sure if it's available : is there a way to show Calendar or Upcoming events in Forum sidebar block ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom