• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenAtendo (Events)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure this will be coming as a feature soon?! What about starting at different times like 1:15 pm or 2:25 pm? Shouldn't we be able to select the hour and minutes separately for the start and the end? Seems like a nice way to extend the functionality of this plugin to accommodate many needs and event types.

Hope this feature comes soon!

Hı, I'm getting this error all the sudden, I had unistalled this add-on for a while ago:​

Fatal error: Class 'EWRatendo_ModerationQueueHandler_Event' not found in /home/user/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/ModerationQueue.php on line 218

Update: Some messages appearantly got into the moderation quee and this error occured. Prior to that the board was working fine. I had unistalled this add-on weeks ago... I reinstalled it and the board started working again. I'm not sure why this is happening.

Is it possible to change the default location of where the map is pointing when you goto create an event? Currently its pointed to the US, but I would like to have it pointing to the UK.

Hi,

I created a very basic script some people might be interested in. This creates a very basic .ics file from your events.

It uses the PHP class iCalcreator, available here: http://www.kigkonsult.se/iCalcreator/index.php

Code:
<?
//Edit these
$dbhost = "localhost";
$dbuser = "username";
$dbpass = "password";
$database = "xenforo";
$domain = "yourdomain.com";
$calname = "Calendar Name";
$caldesc = "Calendar Description";
$timezone = "Europe/London"; //This also needs to be set in iCalcreator.class.php

$dbc = new mysqli($dbhost, $dbuser, $dbpass, $database);

/* check connection */
if (mysqli_connect_errno()) {
    printf("Connect failed: %s\n", mysqli_connect_error());
    exit();
}
$q = ("
SELECT xf_post.thread_id,xf_post.message,EWRatendo_events.thread_id,EWRatendo_events.event_strtime,EWRatendo_events.event_endtime,EWRatendo_events.event_venue,EWRatendo_events.event_title
FROM  EWRatendo_events
INNER JOIN xf_post ON xf_post.thread_id = EWRatendo_events.thread_id
WHERE EWRatendo_events.event_state =  'visible' AND xf_post.position = 0 AND EWRatendo_events.event_endtime > UNIX_TIMESTAMP()
");
'iCalcreator.class.php' );
if ($result = $dbc->query($q)){
        $config = array( 'unique_id' => $domian );
        // set Your unique id
        $v = new vcalendar( $config );
        // create a new calendar instance
        $v->setProperty( 'method', 'PUBLISH' );
        // required of some calendar software
        $v->setProperty( "x-wr-calname", $calname );
        $v->setProperty( "X-WR-CALDESC", $caldesc );
        $v->setProperty( "X-WR-TIMEZONE", "Europe/London" );
        while ($row = $result->fetch_assoc()){
                $vevent = & $v->newComponent( 'vevent' );
                $year =  date('Y',$row['event_strtime']);
                $month =  date('m',$row['event_strtime']);
                $day =  date('d',$row['event_strtime']);
                $hour =  date('H',$row['event_strtime']);
                $min =  date('i',$row['event_strtime']);
                $sec =  date('s',$row['event_strtime']);
                $start = array( 'year'=>$year, 'month'=>$month, 'day'=>$day, 'hour'=>$hour, 'min'=>$min, 'sec'=>$sec );
                $vevent->setProperty( 'dtstart', $start);
                $year =  date('Y',$row['event_endtime']);
                $month =  date('m',$row['event_endtime']);
                $day =  date('d',$row['event_endtime']);
                $hour =  date('H',$row['event_endtime']);
                $min =  date('i',$row['event_endtime']);
                $sec =  date('s',$row['event_endtime']);
                $end = array( 'year'=>$year, 'month'=>$month, 'day'=>$day, 'hour'=>$hour, 'min'=>$min, 'sec'=>$sec );

$vevent->setProperty( 'dtend', $end );
                $vevent->setProperty( 'LOCATION', $row['event_venue'] );
                $vevent->setProperty( 'summary', $row['event_title'] );
                $vevent->setProperty( 'description', $row['message'] );

}
}
$v->returnCalendar();

?>

Usage: I have mine set in my crontab to run once an hour like so:
Code:
0 * * * * php /home/miles/ics/ical.php > /home/miles/public_html/events.ics

Hope someone else finds this useful. :)

would it be possible to change the "Start/End Time" Option, so that you can insert a certain date as an End Time and not just Start Time +x hours

would it be possible to change the "Start/End Time" Option, so that you can insert a certain date as an End Time and not just Start Time +x hours

I'm pretty sure you can already do this unless I'm misunderstanding you. When you create your event there are two little calendars select your start date from the first one and your end date from the second. Is this what you meant?

Regards,
Renada

I'm pretty sure you can already do this unless I'm misunderstanding you. When you create your event there are two little calendars select your start date from the first one and your end date from the second. Is this what you meant?

Regards,
Renada
I dont think so it looks like so:
Unbenannt.webp

there is only 1 calendar

Is it possible to create categories for event listings then sort those events by clicking on a category? This way if you have many events you can easily filter them.

I dont think so it looks like so:
View attachment 18652

there is only 1 calendar

Looks like something hasn't installed properly - this is what mine looks like

events.webp

Are you using the default style? If not change your style to the default and see if you can see the two calendars. If you can then it's your style causing the issue.

Regards,
Renada :)

Looks like something hasn't installed properly - this is what mine looks like

View attachment 18657

Are you using the default style? If not change your style to the default and see if you can see the two calendars. If you can then it's your style causing the issue.

Regards,
Renada :)
Unbenannt.webp
doesn't seem to be style...looks the same in the default style. Plus in the admincenter i can configure the maximum lenght (in hours) for events. Is there a setting which i have to change and currently overlooking or could it be that you are using a different version

View attachment 18665
doesn't seem to be style...looks the same in the default style. Plus in the admincenter i can configure the maximum lenght (in hours) for events. Is there a setting which i have to change and currently overlooking or could it be that you are using a different version

I'm really not sure what your problem is because it should look the same as mine. As you using a fixed width forum that is somehow squashing your content? I'm using the latest version, what version are you using?

Posting a link to your forum may help someone around here figure out what is going wrong. :)

Regards,
Renada

Mine looked like renadas when I was using 1.4.2 I upgraded to 1.4.3 & it looked like tealk`s so I just changed it back again. My members like to have the option of events NOT starting on the hour.

Mine looked like renadas when I was using 1.4.2 I upgraded to 1.4.3 & it looked like tealk`s so I just changed it back again. My members like to have the option of events NOT starting on the hour.
Ok thanks that is what i need :D

View attachment 18665

Hi Tealk,

Sorry, you're absolutely correct. I just installed 1.4.3 on a fresh install and there is indeed only one calendar. I've reverted back to 1.4.2.

Hope Jaxel will reinsert the second calendar for those of us that need it. :)

Regards,
Renada

Love the Dark Theme !
I like your minimalist XenPorta HomePage ... cool !
http://www.anzahcraft.de/
Maybe the Dark Theme should have darker default member icons.
http://www.anzahcraft.de/members/
They are too white ! :)

http://www.anzahcraft.de/wiki/index/
How about an image or two on the wiki landing screen, just to jazz it up a bit :)
Thanks for your tipps, if you have some more, say me :p
I have change the Member Icons
But i dont know what i should take for pictures(wiki), im not the best in this part.
Hi Tealk,

Sorry, you're absolutely correct. I just installed 1.4.3 on a fresh install and there is indeed only one calendar. I've reverted back to 1.4.2.

Hope Jaxel will reinsert the second calendar for those of us that need it. :)

Regards,
Renada
yes, this is the best way

I have a new question sorry :P
How i will manage to delite the Navigationspoint "Events" out of the Main Navigation, because i have switch it to a Sub Navigation of Roleplay,
So now i would have this menu twice but i think if i would have it 1 time it was enath :D
Is there a way to manage this?

here you can have a look
http://www.anzahcraft.de

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom