[8WR] XenAtendo (Events) PRO

[8WR] XenAtendo (Events) PRO [Paid] 1.1.5

No permission to buy ($30.00)
Add this to extra.css:
Code:
.monthTable .monthMain .monthOccur {
    background-color: red;
}

So you started a flame war instead of supplying three lines of code? Really?

Its completely compatible with the PixelExit themes. The theme I use on 8wayrun.com is a PixelExit theme.

Xenatendo 2 is not compatible out of the box with PixelExit themes. It requires additional coding for colors and for margin adjustments. My recommendation for those that do not know CSS is to AVOID your products, because you choose to not give even minimal level of support without attacking your customers.

This is NOT something that should be handled by the addon developer... as it is honestly an issue unrelated to the addon and more a slight issue with your skin. One easily fixed with one line of code. Just as addon developers can't make addons that magically work with all skins, skin developers can't make skins that magically work with all addons. You has a forum administrator are responsible for making the slight COSMETIC tweaks to make things look right for you and your community, or finding someone who can help you out with the coding aspects of your forum.

I've said MANY times, that I don't give support fixing people's skin issues; including to you. You seem to want me to hold your hand and help you code your forum; but I wont do that. And you got hostile extremely quickly... so you get a bad attitude.

Your entire reply above is completely unprofessional.

In my lifetime I've been both a retail store manager and a real estate agent. Imagine a customer walks into my a store and asks me questions about a product. I know the answers but instead of sharing my knowledge I tell them "You seem to want me to hold your hand and shop for you; but I wont do that. You can look over your head and read the isle signs, or find someone else to read them for you" Or in the real estate world a new client asks me questions about a couple of houses. I tell them "You seem to want me to hold your hand and teach you how to use Zillow.com and read the screen for you; but I wont do that. You need new glasses."

Naturally, when clients come to me I provide them with a product, but the service is something I CHOOSE to provide over and beyond what I am "required" to do because I consider myself a professional, and one that cares about my customers/clients, and would like to see them again someday. I believe in "selling myself", then "my company" and then the product. That is how I've found to be successful in the world.

You seem literally blind to the feedback many have given you over the past years, as they ask for help and you simply pass them off to others (but gladly keep their money). I'm sorry, but treating your clients well before AND AFTER a sale may not be required but it sure as heck makes good business sense. You choose to waste more time arguing with your customers, then providing basic support.

XenAtendo2 is a single calendar; however, you can use "event keywords" to filter out events you don't wish to see. Right now there is no way to view the calendar of a single keyword (aside from the Agenda view: ex https://8wayrun.com/calendar/soulcalibur-v.6/agenda)... though that is a good idea and I will look into adding it in the next version.

Considering I gladly author two guild directories for two games with millions of players, I have plenty of ideas how this product can better cater to gamers. Guild leaders often come to me publicly and privately seeking guild or website advice. It's a real shame you decided to go down this route of refusing to answer a few questions you obviously knew the answer to instead of sharing your knowledge and making a customer happy (and perhaps making your product better suited for your clients).

Last edited:
Add this to extra.css:
Code:
.monthTable .monthMain .monthOccur {
    background-color: red;
}

I am sorry to say this, but your code did not work. No change.

I also need to make changes to the text size of the days (the numbers), color changes to the background box and the borders on the bottom left and right. I want it to look like it does below. I found the settings in the browser inspect feature, but could not figure how to CSS code it properly.

vnX9oB6.png

Last edited:
I was able to get what I needed from others in the community that were quite gracious.

Again, unless you are going to provide service for your add ons I can not in good faith recommend your addons to anyone that needs even the slightest assistance. I will certainly not spend a dime more on your products, and sorry I spent $70.

I am not going to ask for a refund because I am continuing to use the software, but I'll be looking for new solutions for next year.

Hello, I currently have a XA2PRO license and we actively use it our site. Was recently asked by a member if there was an app that integrated it with Google calendars.

Thanks

Hello, I currently have a XA2PRO license and we actively use it our site. Was recently asked by a member if there was an app that integrated it with Google calendars.

Thanks
Single events can be exported to google calendar... not the entire calendar itself however.

Hypothetically speaking, could this be connected to someones google calendars? I know that this would require custom coding.

Is there way to add an "Import to Calendars" button so people can have it on there cellphones?

Hi there,

I've just bought the add-on and now I'm completely lost with the Google API. I'm not a beginner, but this stuff seems extreme difficult ... so I need help, because I'm not able to use it ...

Edit: Works now ... it seems, that the activation needs some time with Google ...

Last edited:
When we set up events, there appears to be no place where guildies can post. How do you turn this feature on? I thought the system created a thread when an even was created so forum users can correspond.

You have to specify that a thread must be created when the event is created to enable that. Otherwise there's a chance they will create an event, but forget to create a thread at the same time.

Check the Admin Options

upload_2016-11-29_8-32-50.webp

Well I checked off the
upload_2016-11-29_8-32-50-png.144421
but then I get this error.

The following error occurred:

This forum requires you to create an event thread when submitting an event. Please check the specified option and select a forum.

Do you create the event first or the thread? How do you bind an event to a thread?

You still have specify the event thread forum when creating the event.

It would be a nice feature if it defaulted to a selected event forum. On XenAtendo 1 I edited the code so it populated the event forum by default, reducing the steps a user had to take when creating an event.

upload_2016-11-29_9-19-6.webp

Oh my, its hard enough getting people to post an event IN THE FIRST PLACE. Having to do two tasks to create one event is not going to go over well in our gaming community. Things that are considered "time consuming" simply don't get used as often.

Where do you specify the event thread forum? Can't find it.

We call our event calendar "The War Room". I suppose I could create a War Room section, where guildies can post event threads. Then they go to the "War Room" button in the menu to create an event, and link to the thread they just created.

Is that the idea??

Where do you specify the event thread forum? Can't find it.
Sorry to jump in, I noticed this conversation going on. The setting for this is in the XenAtendo2 options in the ACP:

7-png.116108

That's from the screenshot on the Description page of this add-on.

This part looks very similar to XenAtendo 1. I have an Events forum specifically for events. For me, it automatically selects the forum. I also set mine so that people know to go to the Events forum to create an event (and they typically don't go to the Events tab to create it). I also set my Event forum so that the only thing they can create is an event (I see the option to remove the Post New Thread from event forums has been made easier in XenAtendo 2).

Ahhh ok. I thought I read somewhere to click unspecified.

You guys are really great. Thanks. I hope I can get this set up today

Well we are in four games, and have been using 4 keywords, each one representing a game we play.

In the forums however, we have one categories representing each game, and I'd like each category to have its own War Room section to create in-game events...

Unfortunately we cannot designate more than one forum, or tie a keyword to a different forum though. So do I need to create one category and have all four games's playerbases create events in it???

That would seem very confusing as one game's playerbase would be looking at events from three other games they don't play.

Last edited:
Top Bottom