8thos Moderator Bar Preview

DRE

Here is a basic demonstration of a floating navigation bar I'm working on.

Most of the vid is just a showcase of some of my site's features for noobs.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

im-watching-you-focker.jpg

This looks very good, what is the estimated price of addon?

Moving the visitorTabs up into the mod bar was one of the first things I did. (regular users obviously don't see the mod items in the left)

xf.webp

xf2.webp

My next goal is to have a search box appear on the left side (where the mod items are), after you scroll down past the current one in the nav area.

BTW another nice link to have is a "Top" one.

Moving the visitorTabs up into the mod bar was one of the first things I did. (regular users obviously don't see the mod items in the left)

View attachment 30517

View attachment 30518

My next goal is to have a search box appear on the left side (where the mod items are), after you scroll down past the current one in the nav area.

BTW another nice link to have is a "Top" one.
Top link is also a great idea!

Was thinking about including an option to move the main user links (avatar, profile, inbox, alerts) to the left as well.

This is my most ambitious addon at the moment. I may or may not complete it but it's worth a shot.

It will be a floating navigation menu bar like Facebook with configurable options.

You can turn float on or off and turn your mini-me avatar on and off.

You will be able to turn the transparency off as well so that it's solid like Facebook's.

An option to add the search box will be included as well.

The basic URL structure of the links is as follows:

Board Name / [MiniMe Avatar] / Username / Inbox / Alerts /

Then the rest of the links after Alerts can be set AdminCP Options. You will be able set the moderation queue links so that they only show when there is an alert. You will be able to set the highlight and hover color of the menu links, the background and/or color of the menu bar, the font type and size and the height of the moderator bar. You can see a demo of it running on my site. Currently the bar hides part of the logo but I'll fix that later. I just don't have time for it at the moment. Here's a screenshot and a video of it in action so far.

left-jpg.30456

HOT!! I cant wait to donate for this one or purchase it :P

I'd like to make a suggestion though, as you have the Alerts/Inbox/etc - is it possible to add a drop-down menu of the Recent Activity or perhaps New Posts?

I'd love to beta test this one on my site :D

This looks very good, what is the estimated price of addon?
I'll probably sell it on www.xen-seo.com for $20 when I'm done with it. Still needs a lot of work.
HOT!! I cant wait to donate for this one or purchase it :p

I'd like to make a suggestion though, as you have the Alerts/Inbox/etc - is it possible to add a drop-down menu of the Recent Activity or perhaps New Posts?

I'd love to beta test this one on my site :D
That's a good idea I'll try to add recent activity popup to it. I've got room for it. It's just really basic right now. I added an avatar, search bar, style selector, top link and darkened the opacity a little today.

8bar3.jpg

8bar4.jpg

8bar.jpg

8bar2.jpg

Sweeeet! Looking awesome! This reminds me of this navigation bar: http://www.fabriclondon.com/ - I requested for something like this a month ago. Would be awesome at a later time to actually make a whole navigation menu out something like what your doing now. Even www.ign.com switched over to a navbar like that, its new its modern and realllly the way to go these days in my opinion! I want to get rid of the standard navbar menu asap!

I bet if you do something like that it would go viral in the forum industry :p

btw I signed up and sent you a PM over on xen-seo.com ;)

Do you have Cezz permission to use the code from his floating navigation?

You showed interest in my guide for the user tabs for making it float, which is why I ask.

Sweeeet! Looking awesome! This reminds me of this navigation bar: http://www.fabriclondon.com/ - I requested for something like this a month ago. Would be awesome at a later time to actually make a whole navigation menu out something like what your doing now. Even www.ign.com switched over to a navbar like that, its new its modern and realllly the way to go these days in my opinion! I want to get rid of the standard navbar menu asap!

I bet if you do something like that it would go viral in the forum industry :p

btw I signed up and sent you a PM over on xen-seo.com ;)
Yeah I don't like having to scroll up just to reach the menu. I like IGN's navbar. I prefer the red header they had before though (looks-wise only)

Do you have Cezz permission to use the code from his floating navigation?

You showed interest in my guide for the user tabs for making it float, which is why I ask.
That doesn't work for me. It cuts out half of my logo so I'm using it in this test-phase until I create a better one (or else I'd have been uploaded it).

That doesn't work for me. It cuts out half of my logo so I'm using it in this test-phase until I create a better one (or else I'd have been uploaded it).

I had that happen too but you just have to edit it a little.

Can this be tied with the login / register bar? As in make the login bar scroll down for consistency?
Good idea I'll add that in.
I had that happen too but you just have to edit it a little.
RE: your post on my site. I basically mean just a small drop-down menu called 'Bookmarks' and they can add and title links that they want to add in their preferences.

It's very easy to do, that and the login / register bar will be my next project for this bar.

This bar is my most ambitious project because here are some features I'd like to include in the bar that I don't know how to code. I'll either have to hire someone or learn how.

Integration with Advanced Member Search Request - This would be a slight modification of the Search bar to allow the option to search for members through profile field entries (twitter, youtube etc) and location/zip code search. Navigation Menu With Drop-Down RSS Feeds Like Firefox Toolbar - This is like a super-enhanced version of 'Bookmarks' but with RSS feeds. Letting a member add their own RSS feeds to the secondary bar would be awesome. Besides creating and including a Recent Activity Popup Menu this would be the closest we could get to Buddystream Like Social Network Activity Stream for Xenforo. Buddystream allows members to stream their wall posts and status messages from other social networks like Facebook, Google +, Twitter, YouTube.. etc. But yeah implementing the above features may end up costing me money to pay for so I'll just focus on the basic features for now like AdminCP Options for customizing the bar design and stuff. Kinda hard to do any of this on my new work schedule.

Finally figured out how to get the avatar to popup to the avatar changer.

Finally figured out how to get the avatar to popup to the avatar changer.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vc4jYGN1-bg
This looks very promising, if you're going to work on the login / register feature. What I would really love to see is a more fluid registration process.

Think of this : http://web-kreation.com/demos/Sliding_login_panel_jquery/

but then with two (three?) panes inside. One is for login / login with facebook, twitter etc. The other would be to register, without having to go through the regular registration page. Imho the dropdown has room enough to fit in the information required to signup, and can be presented in a more intuitive way than it currently is.

Feel free to ask questions if you have any.

Top Bottom