8thos Google Authorship

8thos Google Authorship 1.5

No permission to download

DRE

8thos submitted a new resource:

8thos Google Authorship (version 1.0) - Add your Google + Profile link and Avatar to Google search results for your threads

Google + Authorship is a service by Google that links your Google + Profile and avatar to the articles you create when people find your threads in google search and also shows you as the thread author in every thread you've created. You must be the thread author for this to work.

DISCLAIMER: Please note that Google doesn't guarantee to show author information in Google Web Search or Google News results.'
Requested by TheBigK...

Read more about this resource...

So this can't be installed without installing another add-on?
It's basically the thread author template modification, modified some more. Just open it up and take what you need.

I make all my Template Modification resources as Addons now to encourage installation of the TMS system.

I do it to reduce the chance of noobs jacking up their templates. This way they don't touch them at all.

If you consider yourself an experienced xenforo user, then you should be able to just take what you need from the file.

1. Right-click on XML file.

2. Examine the file (it's really small), copy-n-paste to the right template. That goes for all my TMS Modifications.

Check this thread: http://www.crazyengineers.com/commu...send-1-billion-emails-to-all-its-users.60765/

My name shows below my user name only when I've second post in the thread. Is this as per the design?

Also, how do I limit this to mods and admins only? What should be the conditional in TMS?
That's a mistake. Sorry. I forgot to update the old version before I uploaded it after testing. I'll re-upload.

I'll also upload an optional version for moderators and administrators to use only but I'm going to have to change it from Contact Details to Personal Details.

That's a mistake. Sorry. I forgot to update the old version before I uploaded it after testing. I'll re-upload.

I'll also upload an optional version for moderators and administrators to use only but I'm going to have to change it from Contact Details to Personal Details.
Good. I'll give it another try once you've uploaded in latest version for admin/mods only.

Both the original file with the bug fix and a separate file for BigK's version are included. Everyone ignore BigK's because I did something hackish.

For The Admin and Mod's Only Version

You must move the custom user field for googleplus and googleauthor from Contact Details to Personal Details.

WARNING If you already have custom user fields for Personal Details then they will no longer be shown to regular members.

Thanks for this! Dumb question (I'm Google+ new)
Where is the 'Contribute to' setting in my G+ account?
Found it

Oh boy... http://www.thedrum.com/news/2013/02/11/eric-schmidt-confirms-google-content-given-search-priority

Eric Schmidt confirms Google+ content is given search priority

Excerpts from Google boss Eric Schmidt’s new book, ‘The New Digital Age’, have confirmed that Google + is acting an identity verification network – with such material being given priority in search rankings.

The admission comes amidst an increasingly bitter battle for supremacy between the likes of Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook with Google conducting a no holds barred fight for the top slot.

Published by the Wall Street Journal the critical extract reads: “Within search results, information tied to verified online profiles will be ranked higher than content without such verification, which will result in most users naturally clicking on the top (verified) results. The true cost of remaining anonymous, then, might be irrelevance.”

Waindigo mentioned in the reviews wondering why this resource doesn't have much downloads.

I think it doesn't have much downloads because Google Authorship requires a recognizable headshot. Some people are shy.

Top Bottom